Search results

1. Y

Air filter not really best early mod

I have been away for some time, but I see the K&N oiled air filter question still popping up. My suggestion after doing this TDI thing for awhile is, to save your money and put that intake upgrade to use by putting in a decient FMIC. More air if any you may get from modifiying your air intake...
  2. Y

Up T3 headers warped

FYI It was posted some time ago that the Up T3 kit was released in a limited quantity with warped header flanges. It has been brought to my attention (latest being a kit that was aquired a few months ago)that there may still be a few of these warped kits still out "there". Broken studs, nuts...
  3. Y

Fuel Bubbles?

When I saw KERMA almost a month ago, he pointed out that I had bubbles showing up in the clear tubing that comes from the fuel filter. I know this is not a good thing and I believe thats why the clear section is there. My questions are, what causes this and what are the ramifications of letting...
  4. Y

2 & 3 bar maps

Is there an advantage of using a 3 bar map even if you do not plan on boosting over 20? Would the 3 bar be more linear since you would be controlling more in the middle of it's scale rather than the upper end of the 2 bar map. Ynot
  5. ALH intake top view

ALH intake top view

Alh intake top view
  6. ALH intake manifold engine side

ALH intake manifold engine side

ALH intake manifold engine side
  7. ALH intake manifold turbo side

ALH intake manifold turbo side

ALH intake manifold tubo side
  8. EGR Heater

EGR Heater

Inside look at the EGR heater
  9. EGR Valve

EGR Valve

Alh EGR Valve
  10. Up III header warp

Up III header warp

Up III header warp
  11. Up III Exhaust Input

Up III Exhaust Input

Up III Exhaust Input
  12. Up  III turbo CA input

Up III turbo CA input

Up III turbo CA input
  13. IC input

IC input

IC input Up III turbo
  14. Y

Stage II mileage

Just some info on two seperate trips I took in the past weeks and fuel usage checks. I have a stage II set up Bosios pp520's and UpII chip, the rest does not matter. I do have ground effects on my car and it sits just over 2" off the ground. Leaving from Las Vegas both times I went to Cedar...
  15. Y

Smog test pp520"s

Smog test pp520\"s Just had my second smog test in the state of Nevada, needed once a year . When I lived in Calif. I was exempt, go figure. Test guy said smoke is a marker for us if the Diesel Emission guys are out, but they are only interested in Opacity. Buy the way I have one of these...
  16. Y

Back Up ECU where to get?

Can some one give me directions on where to get a ECU for a 2000 golf automatic TDI. I want to play chip swap once my stage III is in. My chip is soldered in so I would like to take a second ECU and get a socket put in so I can plug and play. Any help would be appreciated. Ynot
  17. Up fmic

Up fmic

side view Up fmic
  18. Up FMIC inlet/Exh

Up FMIC inlet/Exh

Up FMIC
  19. pass side mount FMIC

pass side mount FMIC

Up FMIC
  20. Y

Combustion Efficency

This link may clear up a few things for some of you. 1> Why PP are really the best designed nozzle style 2> Why smoke is NOT a good thing. http://www.drperformance.com/how.html This information is provided for informational purposes and because I always want to know more. Ynot