Search results

1. Ed's TDI

BC TDI club

Not on here much these days but there's lots of BC members here Link
  2. Ed's TDI

Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Victoria (CRD) Area

Hey Ken, take the car to Jason at Ellice Automotive and tell him I sent you. He worked at the dealership for over 25 years until the recent ownership change and he's a great guy who won't throw unnecessary work/parts at your car just to try and make a buck. He will give you the straight goods...
  3. Ed's TDI

Reputable shop in Portland, Oregon

And if Justin is booked, you can always go see Rich at Fix'Um Auto Haus
  4. Ed's TDI

"New" shop in Victoria for VW's and TDI's!

So my buddy that I've known since highschool, and who has worked as a tech at the VW Dealership here in town for the past 25+ years, has moved on to bigger and better things as part of the team at Ellice Automotive on John St near the Bay St bridge! Jason Budynski and his brother Ryan, both of...
  5. Ed's TDI

Timing Belt Tools in Victoria

So my cousin is looking to buy a MK4 TDI (ALH engine) and some of the ones he's checked out so far all have questionable service records, especially as far as the timing belt. He's a capable mechanic and is quite familiar with diesels but he and his family are living in a temporary residence and...
  6. Ed's TDI

CCM problem or ??

So I just had my car in the body shop to have my rear bumper repaired after a hit-n-run. No major damage, just damage to the paint and a couple of the clips that hold the bumper cover in place. When I got the car back yesterday, everything seemed fine ... until I got out of the car and tried...
  7. Ed's TDI

Happy birthday to ... My car!!!

January 24th, 2001 was the day I purchased my 2001 Jetta TDI GLS with CWP, power moonroof and alloys, and Monsoon sound system. Now, 12 years, 240,000kms, hundreds of hours and thousands of $$ later, I still love the car as much as (if not more than) the day I drove it off the dealership lot...
  8. Ed's TDI

Does this car belong to anyone here?

Just saw this and wondered if it was anyone on this board, or if anyone knows the owner. LINK
  9. Ed's TDI

Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area

Hopefully this will end up being made into a sticky by the mods. It was suggested to me by another member that we need a post that lists all the trusted TDI mechanics/shops in the Greater Vancouver Regional District so people could find a shop to work on their car that has a good reputation and...
  10. Ed's TDI

WTB - ABS Control Module

I know this probably isn't the best place to post but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me locate the part I need. I'm looking for an ABS Control Module for my '97 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. The CM bit the dust and the ABS warning light is on fulltime, not to mention that VCDS is unable to...
  11. Ed's TDI

Picture section

Just a thought, how about sub-sections in the picture gallery section. Possibly break down each type with sub-sections for the various models (ie. MK1-current). It would make it simpler to look keep things organized and easier for people wanting to see specific models without having to sift...
  12. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland GTG - July 17th

After the annual Lake Stevens GTG this month (which was amazing as always!) and before the Fix'Um Haus GTG in August (another do-not-miss GTG!), we need to have a local TDI GTG!! It's been a long time since our last TDI GTG in Vancouver, but now it's time to get back to our regular "local" GTGs...
  13. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland GTG - March 27th

Well it's 2011 and it's time for a TDI GTG!! It's been a long time since our last TDI GTG in Vancouver, but now it's time to get back to our regular "local" GTGs. So the date of the next GTG will be on March 27th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great...
  14. Ed's TDI

Happy birthday to my tdi!!

So my '01 Jetta TDI is 10 years old today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hard to believe that it's been that long since it rolled off the showroom floor. Not only has it been the most enjoyable car I've ever owned, but it's also the most costly!! Not in a fix-another-thing kind of way but in a...
  15. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - Sept. 26th

September's GTG has been cancelled due to lack of interest.
  16. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG for August

Well after discussing it with Jose and Leigh-Anne at JSP, we've decided that it's probably best to skip the monthly GTG for August as it would be pretty close to the weekend of TDI Fest, plus it's pretty short notice now anyways. Keep checking back for info on when the September GTG will be.
  17. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - July 25th

Well it's that time again. June's GTG was a bit of a of a disappointment as far as attendance from what I heard. I was unable to make it due to conflicting work schedule, but that was the first one out of 6 that I missed. Hopefully the next one will have a few more cars show up! With that...
  18. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - June 27

Well it's that time again. May was a bit of a weird month as we didn't have a TDI GTG in Vancouver, but there was Jorry's annual GTG in Lake Stevens, Washington, which, despite some less than perfect weather, was a great success!! But now it's time to get back to our regular "local" GTGs. So...
  19. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - MAY

The bad news - there will NOT be a TDI GTG for the month of May. :( The GOOD NEW - there WILL be a TDI GTG in Lake Stevens, Washington on May 22nd (link HERE) at Jorry's place which is a short trip across the border! Hope to see a good showing of Canadian TDI's there! :D
  20. Ed's TDI

Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - April 25th

Well it's that time again. April has been kind of a busy month with Easter weekend and a lot of kids still out on Spring Break so we kinda had to make this month's GTG a little later. So the date of the next GTG will be on April 25th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address...