Search results

1. JDSwan87

Jetta Smyth Ute Conversion spotted at salvage yard (Maryland)

That's a shame! The engine in the bed appears to be an ALH based on the injection pump and hard injector lines.
  2. JDSwan87

2016 Audi A6 TDI Prestige 51k miles - Chicago, IL $29.9k (DPF Deleted)

Congrats on twins! Your ownership log is a nice addition to this car, hopefully it stays in the Club. Free bump!
  3. JDSwan87

2004 BEW - What to harvest?

Cup holder center console, Jack, spare tire, grille (easy repaint), sunroof control, glove box door, arm rest assy with mount, rear seats will work in your wagon, siphon all the diesel out (free!)
  4. JDSwan87

Why so much insurance

As a Michigan resident, I pay $900 USD per year for LIABILITY (PLPD) on a 2005 wagon. I had full coverage on it but that was $1,900 USD per year. All on a car that's realistically valued at $3,000-$3,500 USD. Simple math says risk it and remove full coverage and the savings pays off in 3 years...
  5. JDSwan87

Barn Find

I'm jealous
  6. JDSwan87

How much ATF should I buy when replacing Solenoids on a 09A

Change your solenoids. The 1-2 no shift then slam into 2nd is typical symptom of failed solenoids. I use Idemitsu Type J fluid in my 09a transmission. I drain and refill every 10k-15k miles.
  7. JDSwan87

Odd increase in vibration?

Check your axle nuts
  8. JDSwan87

Glad it weren’t my wagon

You have excellent taste in cars! Glad you're safe
  9. JDSwan87

AIR SOFT BB's - Right in the tire to balance tires ???

Dynabeads are used in on road motorcycles. It's called "dynamic balancing"...
  10. JDSwan87

SNOW TIRES

Where are you located? EDIT: still getting used to the new layout, I see you're in NJ.
  11. JDSwan87

Steering shake after cv axle replacement

Most aftermarket CV axles for VW's are junk and will vibrate, at least I've never had good luck... then they will wipe out the wheel bearing on that side. I suggest OEM or send your old OEM unit to RAXLES. I put left and right OEM units from IDPARTS in my '05 two years ago.
  12. JDSwan87

Exploded New MAP Sensor

I have already contacted the vendor regarding what to do about a replacement. So I bought a new intercooler for my BEW and a replacement MAP sensor since my old one was damaged upon removal. Well, I installed all the new bits, swapped the MAP that came with the intercooler out like the vendor...
  13. JDSwan87

For Sale: MKIV Jetta Hood Bra (48182)

SOLD! Black MKIV Jetta hood bra with "JETTA" embroidered on it. Good usable condition. Can provide pics upon request, will add some to this thread in the next few days. SOLD $115 shipped OBO (not sure what these are worth exactly)
  14. JDSwan87

00741 Fault Brake Pedal Monitoring Help

99.5 Jetta flashing glow plug light. VCDS scan yielded a 00741 fault, Brake Pedal Monitoring Implausible Signal. Foot off brake, VCDS measuring group 006, block 2 shows 001 (I know it should be 000). Pedal pressed shows 011. I disconnected the switch and VCDS shows a 011. Car harness Pin 2 & 3...
  15. JDSwan87

Harmonic Balancer fell off, need advice

A friends harmonic balancer fell off his ALH. Old harmonic balancer is gone, happened on highway. Based on the pics, did the engine slip time? [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] EDIT: The bolt was found in his driveway. The failure occurred on the highway, loud racket, battery light came on, then 2...
  16. JDSwan87

Fly and Drive Vehicle purchase tips?

Looking at vehicles in Texas due to living in the Rust Belt. I'm looking specifically in Dallas, TX due to having a close friend who lives there. He's already agreed to go look at vehicles for me. Any other tips to ask for before I book a plane ticket?
  17. JDSwan87

Mk4 Jetta/Golf Steel Engine Skid Plate: Toledo, OH

SOLD SOLD SOLD For sale: Galvanized Steel skid plate for 99.5-05 Golf or Jetta. Uses the same hardware as the DieselGeek Panzer (from what I'm told). Hardware kit and posts will cost you $140 shipped from DieselGeek. There is NO hardware or posts included in this sale. Asking $110 picked up...
  18. JDSwan87

New TDIClub Merchandise Available!!

Noticed today the pictures on the main page changed. New merchandise available everyone! https://tdiclub.com/store/index.shtml
  19. JDSwan87

Possible New-to-me vehicle purchase

So in roughly 1 month, we will have a new addition to the family. I naively thought I could fit 2 car seats in the back of my 2005 Jetta wagon. While yes, they do indeed fit, there is no way I can drive with a forward facing carseat behind my drivers seat. Rear facing takes up more space. So, I...
  20. JDSwan87

Spotted! Temperance MI!

I've seen you ripping around lately. You are in a blue ALH 5spd Jetta, pretty sure it's tuned. Also has a yellow front plate (John Deere? CAT?). I was behind you for a few miles, we exchanged waves, then I turned into my driveway on Lewis. I'd love to meet up and just exchange numbers. (This...