Search results

1. D

Golf Mk4 arl pd150 - Speedometer stopped working

My 03 Jetta speedometer also quit working the other day, trying to clean out some junk from the 12 volt outlet blew the fuse which I have not replaced wondering if its related. The fuse map sucks.
  2. D

(Not mine) 02 Jetta, only $15,500! Red Deer AB

03 TDI, $2500.00 Manitoba, replaced signal bulbs and fixed e=brake passed safety. Getting 950 kilometers to a tank of fuel.
  3. D

Cannot shift into 5th gear

Fifth gear now found and working as it should, the issue was two fold. The worn out cable catch and transmission adjustment. The lock lever was very hard to get latched and my big hands were of no real help in tight quarters, ended up slipping this stainless steel pipe over the lever to give me...
  4. D

Cannot shift into 5th gear

Thread is a bit old, 03 MK4 same problem not able to shift into 5th and reverse is a difficult shift. Readjusted the cables, checked shifter bushings which were found nice and snug, think one of the cable grabs maybe the issue, the soft rubber holding the plastic center had deteriorated...
  5. D

98 Jetta TDI 1.9 ALH

I've onky had my 03 Jetta less than a week, I'm hooked on this car. Just purchased a jetta 01 for $600.00, five hour drive to Saskathewan.
  6. D

98 Jetta TDI 1.9 ALH

Thanks for the quick reply, car was decent so I made the call. The owner is 85 and has hardware disease - plans to fix them up.
  7. D

98 Jetta TDI 1.9 ALH

I recently purchased an 03 Jetta TDI, while in a road trip today eyeballed the 98 and an older Jetta with a completely different body style the older model has the 5 speed standard. My main interest is with the 98, how compatible are the parts with my 03. I'm going to call later in the evening...
  8. D

Jetta quit starting. Help!

If the long bolts holding the starter become corroded it will fail to start the engine.
  9. D

Jetta quit starting. Help!

Great forum, hopefully the information in this thread cures my no start issue.
  10. D

Manitoba Members

New member, Strathclaire MB. 03 TDI Jetta.