Search results

1. boertje

wtb o2m flywheel and clutch

Sachs part number is Sachs 2289 601 001. https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-1-9-tdi-6-speed-02m-dual-mass-flywheel-and-clutch-kit.html
  2. boertje

Which All-Weather Tires?

My son installed a set of nokian wrg4 on his bug. Loves them. Says they handle surprisingly well with snow and icy conditions.
  3. boertje

What did you do to your MKIV today?

So i have wanted blu tooth in my 2001 bug so i could be hands free on phone and audio and so i bought an alpine ute-73bt to connect to the monsoon amp a few years ago. It sounds pretty ok and i had blu tooth. My son decided that the grom blu tooth module sounds so much better and is what he has...
  4. boertje

Mk4 moonsoon question.

I did this on two of my bugs with monsoon. Got all i needed from crutchfield. I installed the alpine UTE 73BT. Single DIN though.
  5. boertje

Opinion on brands for new CV axles

I have had good luck with the joints raxles use but his boots don’t seem to last as long as oem. He will send you new boots under warranty for postage however. You do have to send him OEM shafts to rebuild though.
  6. boertje

Opinion on brands for new CV axles

Oem or GKN. You get what you pay for.
  7. boertje

Ok. I have the axle out of the car so it should be very easy to do.
  8. boertje

I’ll give it a try.
  9. boertje

Its about the size a medium screwdriver might make. I replaced the boot last winter so the boot is fairly new.
  10. boertje

After 150k miles on my bug’s latest suspension update, i thought it time to refresh everything on two bugs, both with about the same time and miles on the suspension. Bought 2 sets of new bug springs (old springs 23 years and 215k miles) from idparts and new hardware for both including new...
  11. boertje

2002 Jetta tdi for sale

Original engine?
  12. boertje

Clutch Masters clutch line, bleeder block & T/O bearing?

I’m still using all the used blocks that darkside sent me. Did replace orings though on used lines.
  13. boertje

Clutch Masters clutch line, bleeder block & T/O bearing?

He has 02M six speed. Looks pretty cool.
  14. boertje

Any Experience with DBW LLC (Injectors/Nozzles)

Does he still use dbw?
  15. boertje

Any Experience with DBW LLC (Injectors/Nozzles)

I have many sets of their stuff. Not had any issues over the years. I have sent dbw queries recently but they have gone unanswered. You might first start there to see if he even responds.
  16. boertje

Alternator R&R Fiasco

I had body work done at a local body shop some time ago on my 01 bug and i should have removed my hid oem before hand. They broke the rear headlight cover and broke the locking mechanism. I even stressed to please call me if they had trouble getting them out. When i picked it up they had epoxied...
  17. boertje

02M MK4 Axles? Also clutch and such

Interesting. I’ll have a look. On edit: @PakProtector , the idea of that gkn 930 was interesting but while the dimensions appear the same, the length (thickness) is 40mm whereas the one used on the 02m axle is 31.5mm.
  18. boertje

Would a 1.9 tdi Power a Chevy Tahoe

My son just bought an 02 jetta with bad 01m to put the motor in an xterra with bad motor and manual shift.
  19. boertje

02M MK4 Axles? Also clutch and such

I have had raxle boots not lasting like the oem for some reason (but that could be different these days) and he will send you replacements under warranty for shipping cost if needed. I prefer oem and raxles may or may not use oem and he won’t tell you either but their joints are good. I would...
  20. boertje

I posted info on your 02m clutch and axle thread. Hope it is useful.

I posted info on your 02m clutch and axle thread. Hope it is useful.