Search results

1. P

2002 Jetta GLS - one owner + tools $3000

I am the original owner of this car purchased for highway commuting. The car has served me extremely well since 2002 and the last 370,000 miles. I hate to see it go but it should be out there soaking up the miles. I have ALL the records of everything I've every done and almost every drop...
  2. P

TDI Phase 2

Perhaps I spoke too soon about the success of my Phase 2 work. On my return from the dealer after the "upgrade" the coolant level warning light came on. The temperature gauge never budged and remained at 200. I stopped and checked the recover bottle which was a little low. No sign or smell...
  3. P

TDI Phase 2

No difference yet but I didn't know about or get offered a free oil change that some in this thread have talked about. :confused:
  4. P

FS 2002 Jetta GLS

This car is still resting in my garage waiting for a new home. Had considered keeping it but it needs to be out on the highway soaking up the miles. Price reduced to $2900.
  5. P

TDI Phase 2

I had phase 2 done on my 2015 GSW last Monday April 30. I dropped the car off at 7 AM and was given a loaner for the day. Turned out they didn't finish until mid afternoon the next day. I needed to add some G13 after the drive home but so far so good. The remaining settlement $$ were in the...
  6. P

FS 2002 Jetta GLS

Yes, the injection pump is original. Don't know if you believe in these things but it's had the CAT filter for a long long time and Stanadyne or Power Service added at every fill up. I'll pull the cover and take a bunch of naked engine photos and add them to the Gallery. If spring ever comes...
  7. P

FS 2002 Jetta GLS

Price reduced to $3500 without tools and I'll throw in a used (but never installed ProVent that I bought for a Jeep CRD that I once owned. This car has a recent turbo and rebuilt injector upgrade worth close to $2000 alone. This is a 1 owner car that has been very well maintained with many...
  8. P

FS 2002 Jetta GLS

Price without tools, $3900. This is a 1 owner car with complete records from the first tank of fuel, even includes the original sales brochure.
  9. P

FS 2002 Jetta GLS

FS 2002 Jetta GLS - $3000 I am the original owner of this car purchased for highway commuting. The car has served me extremely well since 2002 and the last 370,000 miles. I hate to see it go but it should be out there soaking up the miles. I have ALL the records of everything I've every...
  10. P

EA288 - A diesel way forward?

I wonder what's up with the EA-288 emission "fix"? Like many others I've received my offer letter for my intention to fix but the schedule is still up in the air. The 2015's understandably seem to be a little lost in the current process. If the EA-288 fix involves adding DEF every say 5,000...
  11. P

History Of Diesel In The USA

I owned a well used 1964 190D for a number of years. I took it to grad school with me and was able to get it running most days in Wisconsin when the temperature often never rose to 0 degrees F. They were great cars, I always suspected about 400K miles but the odometer only went to 100K and...
  12. P

I know there are lot's of VW's in Europe with the EA-288 but in the US it looks like 2015 may be last year. Anyone know what the total number is for the EA-288 in the US?
  13. P

Agreed, the emission's warranty extension sealed the deal for me for my 2015 GSW. If the fix neuters the performance and mileage numbers, the trade in value two years out is unlikely to have taken as big a hit as they are calculating for EA-288 buybacks now.
  14. P

Emissions warranty extension? After reviewing the offer from VW I'm reversing myself on this and keeping my 2015 GSW, at least for now. This is mostly due to the value VW is using for the '15s. I do like the emissions warranty extension. Anyone else have any thoughts on this warranty and...
  15. P

Good luck with that ever happening. BIG cars and BIG trucks are back and it's all due to the low gas prices. The people active on this site love diesels, hell I have 3 diesel vehicles and 3 other pieces of diesel equipment. But as much as it pains me to say it I think the sun is setting on...
  16. P

Any idea when a 2015 buyback could happen? I thought the final figures for the 2015's haven't been decided yet. I will buy another GSW if I can get a reasonable deal. I've got more than enough diesels in my yard and barn.
  17. P

Yeah, This is what I was afraid of. Those of us with 2015's and EA288's would have very little public knowledge base to draw on. It's bye bye for me, it's been a great ride.
  18. P

Has anyone seen any indication that VW will sell TDI's in the 2017 lineup? This may provide some indication of their long term diesel plans.
  19. P

The wisdom of GM? I rest my case. They've been a decade late and a billion dollars late for a long, long time.
  20. P

I'm worried about the future of diesels from VW. They are a corporation and the reason they exist is to make a profit for their shareholders. Diesel vehicles no matter how good and the new EA288 is a very good diesel ain't making that happen. Due to the numbers their problem in Europe may be...