Search results

1. R

FS: Ross-Tech KII-USB

Asking $150 o.b.o. Please PM me if interested. (picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pgvEBRZpBQejJsTkhCUXZWRmM/view?usp=sharing)
  2. R

FS: 2002 Jetta Wagon TDI, 240k mi - $2200

Details here: https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6259912929.html Also have a Ross-Tech KII-USB cable, which I can sell separately. Would like to get $175 for it. PM me if interested.
  3. R

WTB: A4 Belly Pan and Side Skirts

Please PM me if you have these, and what you want for them. I need both the left and right side skirts. Only interested if they are in perfect condition. Don't care about scratches, obviously, but the overall integrity and that of their mounting holes!!
  4. R

Clutch quit on me

Hi folks, I was driving through stop and go traffic and all of a sudden the shifter did not want to go into gear anymore. Almost as if pressing on the clutch didn't do a thing. The only way I can get it into gear is with the engine off. In fact, this is how I managed to roll the car out of...
  5. R

Hydrolocked. What now?

Bad storm tonight. I was driving into the grocery store and their main driveway suddenly sunk into about 2 feet of water. I was doing about 30 mph in 2nd gear and engine stumbled and stalled. Pushed the car out of the puddle in neutral, tried to start and it would not turn over. Luckily, I was...
  6. R

WTB Rear Wiper Mottor Assembly for MK4 Wagon

Title says it all! If anyone is parting out a wagon or golf I can use the rear wiper motor. In working condition, of course!
  7. R

B4 Thermostat replacement - What the h&ll??

B4 Thermostat replacement So, I tried to follow this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=201131&highlight=thermostat and it's all pretty clear. I'm having trouble with the brackets holding the hard PS lines along the front. They seem to be 10-mm bolts (unreachable) against what...
  8. R

Cam sprocket won't budge

I'm removing the TB in my B4, everything going smooth so far, drove out the cam bolt, loosened the tensioner, cam lock and IP pin are in, but for the life of me cannot get the cam sprocket to move. I've tapped a punch through the little hole probably harder than I should have and nothing. Any...
  9. R

A3/B4 TB Tools in CT?

Hi Folks, I was wondering if anyone near the central/south CT area has TB tools for the B4 that I can borrow (or rent) for a day. I can pick up and drop off. Just need all the locking pins/tools (cam, crank, IP) and the tensioner spanner. Crank spanner would be nice too, though I don't intend...
  10. R

New Wagon - Discovered Aftermarket Head

Hi folks, I just bought a 2002 Jetta Wagon (details at http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=299022). I got it at a used car lot, and having had a B4 for several years, I inspected it to the best of my ability, scanned codes with VCDS (found none), and found the car to be in near...
  11. R

Should I buy this Wagon?

Hi Folks, I'm visiting from the A3/B4 forums. Recently I've been looking to upgrade to an A4 wagon, and I just found one nearby that's got my wallet itching. I was hoping you guys could help me determine whether or not to go for this one! It's a 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon, 5speed, 130,000 miles...
  12. R

WANTED: 2002 or 2003 TDI Jetta Wagon

I am ready to buy and pickup within a ~500 mi radius of New Haven, CT. Manual transmission only, preferably under 150,000 miles. My price range is not fixed. Please PM me if you have it!!
  13. R

IP Timing with VCDS

When pulling up the timing graph with VCDS, I'm not sure which of the listed engines correspond to mine! I have a 96 Passat, but none of the options seem fully straightforward. By the way, I might as well use this opportunity to ask how do I know if I have a 1Z or AHU? My ECU is BK, if that...
  14. R

JSW Back Seat

Hi all, Sorry if this is too simple of a question, but do the rear seats in the JSW ('10, '11) fold down all the way flat? I recently test drove one and the sales guy told me that they do not, but I thought I'd post here and see if there are any simple tricks to make it happen. I may be...
  15. R

Injector removal question

In the write-up provided in the kerma tdi page it says that the engine must be completely cool before injector removal. They make it a point to write it on caps and say it is very important, but do not specify why. Is it just a matter of safety? I plan on doing this after work and would ideally...
  16. R

Question about N18 EGR Solenoid Valve

So I just obtained a N18 from a parted B4 and I'm trying to test it to see if it works. Applying vacuum to the "vac" port at 0 volts, it does not hold, and leaks vacuum out the "out" port (EGR). I do hear the solenoid engage at 12V. Question is: would this conclusively make it a bad N18? Is it...
  17. R

Bad shaking getting worse - please help!

A few weeks ago I started noticing what I thought was "shuddering": just some mild vibration at the gas pedal at certain rpms, barely noticeable otherwise. Well, it's been getting progressively worse and just after 2 or 3 weeks it is getting to the point that it is very uncomfortable to be in...
  18. R

Sunroof Liner

Is there is a way to replace the inner liner on the B4 sunroof without having to remove the main headliner? I replaced my headliner a few years ago but didn't do that piece... now I'm regretting it 'cause it doesn't match the new liner.
  19. R

Loose oil pan bolts!

Just changed my oil and noticed: 1) Oil pan cover is missing one of its bolts and thus hangs loose. 2) About 5 or 6 of the actual oil pan bolts were completely loose, some halfway out and 1 missing altogether. Can someone provide either part numbers or specs on these missing bolts? I noticed...
  20. R

Lost Keys. All of them. Please help

I can't find my spares either, and it does not look like they'll turn up. Here' the situation that I'm in: I can actually get inside of the car since one of the rear doors does not lock. I could remove the passenger side's door handle with the lock cylinder and take it to a locksmith... could...