Search results

1. keggo

I’m baaaaack

Hello everyone, after about a 4 year hiatus from the TDI life after my 2003 Jetta TDI was ripped away from me thanks to a tree stump in the middle of a dark road... and the infinitely wise police officer who felt it pertinent to have what seemed to be 1,000 suns’ worth of spot lights in my face...
  2. keggo

FS: OEM 16” MK7 Golf TDI Wheels/Tires

Lots of OEM items for sale! Open to offers on all items! Local pickup preferred in East SF Bay, but will ship at buyer's expense unless otherwise noted. Halogen headlights with bulbs - $250 obo Rear hatch lever/emblem - $50 obo Heated mirrors - $40 shipped obo OEM 16" alloy wheels...
  3. keggo

FS: Blown VNT-15 manifold

Just as the title states. The cold side "popped" off about 3 years ago. This has just been sitting in storage. Still has vacuum actuator and linkage intact. Good for rebuild... $100 obo + shipping (heavy item, obviously) I just found a stock non-monsoon headunit for MKIV Golfs/Jettas. Not...
  4. keggo

Parts extravaganza! Make offers! All offers CONSIDERED!

So my car was considered a "total loss," due to "excessive undercarriage damage" due to a long that was quite unexpectedly left in the middle of a dark city street. I found out a couple days ago that the damage relatively minimal, as I had suspected. But, you know... Insurance companies and...
  5. keggo

Goodbye, Katja. The death of my '03 Jetta TDI

Well folks, after over seven years of tinkering and getting my baby to the point in which I wanted her, performance, aesthetically, etc, she was taken from me by a random log in the road. My insurance company deemed her a total loss and she is now headed somewhere. I got $3700 for the car...
  6. keggo

WTB: OE Catalytic converter

Yeah... just sold my old one. NOW I find out I need a need a new one.
  7. keggo

FS: Random bits and pieces

The photos are what I have for sale, but here is a concise list: ALH/AHU Injectors, minus #3 with needle lift sensor: $130 shipped Stock TIP: $35 shipped Blown VNT-15, hot side w/ manifold (obviously; shaft spins smoothly) for rebuild: $150 + shipping Jetta headlight parts (for those that...
  8. keggo

Shift tower splines worn

Hi guys, recently, shifting gears in my car has been rough. Originally, I thought the shifter just needed adjustment. After my girlfriend was stranded, the car being stuck in 3rd gear, I looked in the engine bay and saw the vertical shift lever sliding bushing had come out of the shifter...
  9. keggo

WTB/WTT: Gear Selector Rod and Stock Shift Weight

Haven't been around for a while, but I'm in need of some parts. Recently, my car stopped shifting properly (completely). I thought it was just the vertical selector linkage, as the bushing seemed to come out of the shifter weight guide, thus jamming the whole thing up and not allowing the...
  10. keggo

FS: GTI/1.8T Spindles

I have two spindles with fairly new bearings. I had an alignment issue that I thought these were the cause of... turns out, the alignment issue is still present. I ended up replacing these with a different pair. $150 + Shipping Paypal only Location: 93309
  11. keggo

She's alive!

Well, I finally got the new 17/22 in, after the great VNT explosion of Feb. 12 2011, with a TON of help by my buddy Steven (wandlc). I drove about 50 miles last night, just enjoying being able to drive MY car again. It took us quite a while, but we encountered some issues (in new parts) that...
  12. keggo

Rosten Rods and ASV pistons install question

Hi all... as some of you know, my turbo recently went out and I'm getting ready to replace it (17/22 performance package from IDParts). Although I haven't had time to do a leakdown test yet, the compression of my cylinder #1 read somewhat lower than the other cylinders, but not as low as you'd...
  13. keggo

POP!... smoke......

So I was on a delivery and leaving a stoplight, I began to acclerate, heard a distinct *POP!* , then it started idling funny, I made my left turn and heard a loud rattling. It was smoking like crazy by this point. I pulled over, shut her down and proceeded to check the engine bay. Oil...
  14. keggo

Wtb: G60 smf

Just seeing if I can save some money on the flywheel when I buy my clutch stuff. I have cash ready. Please only respond if flywheel is in good condition (i.e. resurfaceable and within thickness specs) Thanks!
  15. keggo

FS: Acura TL Projectors for HID retrofit

SOLD! Thanks, mlemorie!! I don't think I'll ever get around to using these anytime soon. I've had them packed away for nearly 3 years now... So, they're up for grabs. Thanks for looking. $150 shipped obo Lenses are immaculate except for some dust.
  16. keggo

How many of you use OE sport pedals (i.e. TT/20AE/R32)?

Just wondering how many people use these. I just picked up a whole set for a pretty good price. My clutch pedal was getting worn, but I mostly just wanted something to dress up the interior a little bit. I would also like to hear impressions on the sport pedals. I'm a little concerned they...
  17. keggo

Mityvac Oil Extractor $50 + shipping

Mods, please close thread... everything has sold! Thanks! Mityvac MV7201 (8.8L/2.3gal): $50 + shipping SOLD!!! Thanks, vwjettadsl This is the one that you can extract oil from the engine AND evacuate the holding tank by just pushing a button. To be honest, I just didn't feel comfortable...
  18. keggo

Are axle styles interchangeable?

I'm asking this because I have the standard CV style inner joints and was wondering if I bought new axles which had the tripod style joint for the inner if they'd bolt up just fine. I realize I can't use VR6 axles because the flange diameter difference. Could I just swap the axle style from...
  19. keggo

DIY 4 port USB Charger

Hey guys, as some of you have seen, I recently bought and installed a pre-fabbed VPA/USB charger unit. While I'm happy with it, I've quickly realized my need for extra USB charging ports. I currently have an "iPhone pocket" for charging my... iPhone :p, as well as a dash blank that I hacked up...
  20. keggo

Unusual front end sound *w/ sound clip*

To start, I'll begin by telling you guys I searched and have found many threads posing a similar question. I've come across two options as far as what the sound could be. I'm pretty sure it's either a wheel bearing or an inner CV joint. Since I've never experienced either of those things...