1. RabbitGTI

TDI family seeking puppy name

Shadetree
  2. RabbitGTI

And we have a winner!
  3. RabbitGTI

2007 Jetta 2.5 AC Compressor Question

I learned that connector removal method from you! :)
  4. RabbitGTI

Ok, thanks, will report back on what I do.
  5. RabbitGTI

Thanks, does it vent refrigerant when you change it? I know very little about AC. I scanned the car and no codes. Is the sensor the little guy sticking straight up near the AC compressor pulley?
  6. RabbitGTI

Update. Blew 38 at the vents for two days of 80 F weather. Went outside to take pressures today and it did not turn on for a few minutes. When it did, it blew 38 F at the vent with an ambient temp of 62F. Pressures were 30 / 135 which is fine. Now the mystery is why the delayed engagement. As...
  7. RabbitGTI

Michigan and U.P. Tour

For anyone thinking of woodsy activities in the UP in July, go in August when the bugs are dialed back. You WILL be torn to shreds by black flies, horse flies, deer flies, chiggers, mosquitoes and stuff I can't identify. I did a lot of running and camping in the UP in all months. Did a July...
  8. RabbitGTI

Thanks oilhammer, I'm going to let it settle down a bit and record the pressures in a day or so. Will also scan and record the measuring blocks. Thanks again.
  9. RabbitGTI

Turns out I screwed the pooch and overcharged it. Pulled a vacuum for an hour, put in approx 493g of R134 or so, the lower limit of 525g +/- 25g. Used a kitchen scale to measure the fraction of the second can. She's blowing high 30s F on an 81 ambient day and I hope she keeps on blowing like that.
  10. RabbitGTI

00229 Refrigerant pressure 002- lower limit exceeded-intermittent
  11. RabbitGTI

Good point. I'll scan it and post.
  12. RabbitGTI

Miss Piech
  13. RabbitGTI

231k on car. AC system unopened until I replaced the RCV because it would not turn on. Turned on fine after that, but a lack of cooling and low side pressure is too high and high side pressure way too low. Probably compressor failure. Since the system holds pressure and has not been opened up...
  14. RabbitGTI

2012 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5 liter Rear Springs Broke....Bolt Question

Thanks, where did you find 134 lb/ft?
  15. RabbitGTI

Thanks all, dealer will give me two nuts for free :). Think I will go with a hybrid solution, use the old bolt and torque the new nut to 55 lb/ft.
  16. RabbitGTI

Both rear springs broke, I bought springs from the dealer and put it together. I removed the outer lower control arm bolt to swap the springs. I put it back together with the original bolts and torqued to 55 lb/ft based on the bolt size. I don't have a Bentley for this car, so I thought I'd ask...
  17. RabbitGTI

shaking while accelerating - worn inner joints?

another clue is inner joint or flange shakes the shifter.
  18. RabbitGTI

shaking while accelerating - worn inner joints?

You have to get it on a lift and examine a lot of stuff. Motor mounts, CV joints, axle flanges, steering rack bolts, subframe bushings, etc....
  19. RabbitGTI

Engine revs out high. Fluid sprays all over engine bay. And smokes from around the EGR area.

Might be a runaway from turbo oil leak, don't start it.
  20. RabbitGTI

Aisin 09G in 2008 Jetta 2.5...Potential Problem

Thanks, it's working fine, so it's one of those "forget about it until it happens again" moments. When I get it back for the spring tire swap and service, I'll check the wiring you pointed out and clean up the connectors.