Search results

1. TDIMeister

Bottom End Questions

Leave the stroke alone. Nothing to be gained in terms of RPM, especially in a PD.
  2. TDIMeister

GTB2060VKLR Building a boost map.

The general approach is to run the minimum amount of boost for a given amount of fueling whilst targeting the EGT and clearing the smoke. More boost than necessary doesn't add any appreciable power and gives rise to many more downsides.
  3. TDIMeister

GTB1756vk not boosting like it used to

Check the camshaft and the MAF.
  4. TDIMeister

GTB2365v overboost issue

Changing the A/R is effective regardless of the VNT adjustment range but naturally both need to be optimized to one another.
  5. TDIMeister

GTB2365v overboost issue

Upon further reflection, a passively controlled external WG could work well, as long as it is sized and controlled properly. You do not need a very large WG at all - one that fits over the EGR port should be quite sufficient, with a progressive spring based on exhaust manifold pressure rather...
  6. TDIMeister

GTB2365v overboost issue

Yes, an external wastegate would seem to be the most obvious solution. However, it will introduce other control issues as both the WG and VNT (the former controlled passively or mechanically while the latter by the ECU) "fight" each other. The actual "proper" solution here apart from ensuring...
  7. TDIMeister

GTB2365v overboost issue

Your VNT does not have sufficient range of adjustment to control the boost. There should be a set screw on the actuator rod which you can do some adjustment, but for such a large deviation between requested and actual boost, you problem is probably elsewhere. The BMW core was likely originally...
  8. TDIMeister

Built PD Longevity

I think you should just leave it alone if it's working otherwise fine. You might need new glow plugs and while you're at replacing them, you can perform a compression test and also pass a borescope camera through the glow plug hole of each cylinder to check the condition of the bores and look...
  9. TDIMeister

a6 2.5 tdi ael hard tuning!

I think so. There is an old thread where several people posted successfully modding the AEL with VNTs. However, I don't recall whether the MSA was retained or updated with the Transporter EDC. Edit: Start here https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/audi-ael-vnt-software.416364/
  10. TDIMeister

a6 2.5 tdi ael hard tuning!

VNT can be retrofitted into an AEL. Theres really no substitute for VNT if low end performance is your priority. GTD1752VRK and its hybrids will support your HP targets while having excellent transient performance from tick over.
  11. TDIMeister

That's awesome, thanks! Below is a screenshot of all the numbers you plug in (in the fields not in grey) to get the result of the R-TDI at rated power. You can go from there with other scenarios. However, I can guarantee you that your BSFC will be higher and AFR lower than the values given, and...
  12. TDIMeister

The calculator will only output numbers based on what you input into it and there's no way to cheat the physics. The reason why people get numbers that are optimistic or pessimistic is that most are quite way off in the crucial parameters like volumetric efficiency (people tend to put inflated...
  13. TDIMeister

Max. tip speed of 560 m/s is state-of-the-art, and that's not opinion. Knowing that the exducer diameter is 60mm, do some maths and figure it out, or use this: http://www.endmemo.com/physics/rpmlinear.php :)
  14. TDIMeister

In a roundabout way it could be done as you propose, but it leaves too much to assumption; the 3.0 M-B is sufficiently different from just ~1.5X of an ALH TDI, e.g. 4 valves per cylinder, etc. I'd rather start from first principles, but unfortunately, this requires values we don't have other...
  15. TDIMeister

Looking to make serious power out of an ALH, need BIG turbo advice

The turbo is definitely not limiting performance in an ALH but the VE injection system. It can be resolved by brute force with an upgraded pump, very large hole nozzles and competent tuning to orchestrate everything together.
  16. TDIMeister

ALH performance build for a heavy vehicle

Your bore is 1mm too small
  17. TDIMeister

1.9TDI PD compound sizing

You can speculate it, but I've actually investigated and modelled it. When you have two compression devices in series, the pressures multiply - that's why it's (erroneously) called compounding. If you have an "already spooled" turbo delivering, say, 2 bar absolute, and the SC downstream...
  18. TDIMeister

I say go for it, man! :)
  19. TDIMeister

Apparently you can get the Aisin SCs with different pulleys, a 5PK is an option, so you could just use a longer accessory belt and add a suitable idler,