Search results

1. D

P026a - work covered under emissions warranty?

Got the car back and within 20 minutes of driving, the code is back. Assuming its the sensor. Back to the dealer tomorrow. Only one heater core to my knowledge.
  2. D

Alright, dealer said it was coolant fouling the intercooler, and not oil. They're replacing the intercooler and I should have it back soon. Heater core was done last year. Emissions warranty is about up, so it'll be delete time very very shortly.
  3. D

Just as a follow up, this is exactly what they're doing. Got a call tonight they're replacing the intercooler. I asked them why it needed replaced and service writer couldn't give me an answer, so he's checking with the tech. Not getting my hopes up, but I've voiced my concerns about the turbo.
  4. D

I saw this code right before my ex's turbo went out a few weeks later. Combined with more regens (seems like that's what I'm having too), the turbo didn't last long. The underlined part is what I'm getting at I guess with this thread. I'm not going to do any work that would covered under...
  5. D

In Florida, so no winter front, and fins are clear of debris. I'll blow them out tonight JIC though.
  6. D

P026A was popping up intermittently, now stays solid after 2 weeks. Seems like I'm having more regens lately as well, along with a faint ringing sound when I'm on the throttle. I can see the writing on the wall here, but my question is what will the dealership do if it's just that code? If they...
  7. D

Waiting on a turbo

VW emissions site had it. Just need to make sure I'm reading the warranty concurrence part correctly... ooks like I'm covered. Thanks for reminding me that i need to order an oil change kit from you guys!
  8. D

Waiting on a turbo

Just got p0026a. Hooray. Is there a way to check the in service date? I have a feeling I'm going to be making some phone calls pretty shortly.
  9. D

O Christmas tree! ABS, steering, esp off etc

Here's *** is going on...should've checked the live data on VCDS. Right rear wheel speed sensor not reporting anything, which explains the backing out of the space situation earlier today. Oh well, one more learning experience with VCDS. Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Battery is new, and...
  10. D

Okay, so replaced the battery anyway as it was starting slow. I drove for 20 minutes, and shut the car off. When I turned it back on, only the steering wheel light and this lights were on. Great! Except when I started moving out the space, the abs airbag and esp lights came back on. That really...
  11. D

It was a handheld digital deal, not the red and green meter analog ones. Both read 12.7v. One had me turn my headlights on for 15 seconds, the other didn't. The owner of napa is a good friend, and I think he'd be fine with me trying a battery out to see if everything goes away...
  12. D

Battery tested good at 2 different stores. Was thinking about trying to clean the wheel speed sensor bores tonight to see what happens.
  13. D

Well thanks for the heads up. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on one earlier, but then read several threads talking about the same thing or other strangeness happening with theirs. Kind of a shame, really, because it's a great idea. Thanks, I'll run up to Napa; they're the only place...
  14. D

I don't have a polarfis but I'm about to. Had no idea that existed. It's 4 years old, which is about time for a new one in florida. I'll swing by the auto parts store and get the battery checked. It was sitting for a month at the airport, so I figured it was rusty sensor bores or something...
  15. D

Car is feeling festive, as lights are on galore....ABS, ESP off, Airbag, TPMS, steering wheel light. Figured it was an ABS sensor, but VCDS doesn't show anything since 2016 regarding that. Am I looking at this log correctly?
  16. D

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Asked the parts guy at the dealership about this today, and he said they've pulled the remans for reasons unknown. It's the #1 backordered vw part...supposedly 700 some on order nationwide.
  17. D

2014 Passat TDI SEL Poor Mileage

This, and check your fuel filter.
  18. D

After power bleeding brakes: ESP off, soft pedal

Re bled the brakes and ran the abs output tests, following the directions from LF to RR. Started the car, stability and steering wheel light still on. Turned it back off, then decided to drive it an hour later. After about 2 minutes, the lights all turned off and pedal feel is great. What...
  19. D

Factory manual does state 29 psi to bleed ABS properly. Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll have it fixed with the vcds tomorrow.
  20. D

Understood. I'll run the output test during the bleed. I was wary of having to receive a code, etc from rosstech to access the ABS module, so just wanted to be sure before going down that road. Looks like that's for the older TDIs, though.