Search results

1. M

leaking injection pump

A YouTube post said 5/32" or .15625" or 3.96875 mm (call it 4mm? - I do not have any metric drills)
  2. M

Air in Fuel Lines (replaced the entire fuel system)

Were you able to "snake" it thru using the original tubing? Or was that not an issue? You reference two types, did you slip one over the other for additional protection? Use a heat gun for installation (on low range, I suspect?) Thanks
  3. M

The fuel pick up has been replaced. Appears to be a very small leak as it's good for 4-5 hours. If I wait overnight, I have to re-prime. Can anyone provide me with a source of replacement plastic line? Auto Zone, Carquest and O'Reilly's don't show an application and all are special order. I...
  4. M

This "journey" started with bad fuel. The Truck service that cleaned the fuel tank failed to properly click the top/bottom of the fuel sender together after it was disassembled for cleaning. The float was broken. I replaced the fuel pick-up. I think the old pick-up masked the small leak in...
  5. M

Not sure where the hole is. I did not see a leak on the exposed portions. What I did observe was it took 15-20 seconds to drop from 10mm Hg to zero after I sealed the end of the line at the tank and used my MityVac at the hose leading to the filter. The MityVac was brand new. About a month...
  6. M

2003 Jetta, I have verified a leak between the tank and before the fuel filter. I want to change the line, (steel recommended in another thread) but note that the fuel lines, after descending below the tank and turning forward, both out and return lines go into a box channel. Looking back...
  7. M

Long crank time after sitting 2-3 days, ALH

I verified a leak between the tank and before the fuel filter. I want to change the line, but note that after descending below the tank and turning forward, the out and return lines go into a channel. Looking back from the filter, the lines are shrouded and it appears there is a triangle...
  8. M

Air in fuel line, replacing fuel pipes with after market?

Took a quick look laying on the ground today. My car has right angle fittings where the line drops from the top of the tank to below the floor. Did you use angle fittings at this point or just bends? A few feet forward the feed and return lines enter a channel that appears to angle up when it...
  9. M

Fatmobile, What did you use to bend the brake line? I'm thinking one of those pipe benders that uses a length of spring - with one end flared, to prevent kinks while bending. Is the brake line thick enough to avoid kinking if you don't get too crazy on small radaii? Did you remove the...
  10. M

I haven't detected a leak. The reason I was looking for it was because of a slow, overnight leak. It may be at a high point. But I have isolated it to the line from the tank to firewall and that leaves me with few options. I'll report back when I know more.
  11. M

Problem Dittos My vacuum test from tank to hose before the fuel filter failed. Does the stock line run under the car and not through a rocker? (It's dark and I don't have my floor jack here. Will I have to pull the tank to properly install the replacement? TIA
  12. M

Fat - on replacing the fuel line from tank to firewall - the fuel line from the tank pickup...

Fat - on replacing the fuel line from tank to firewall - the fuel line from the tank pickup broke and was fixed with a short piece of fuel line slipped over both ends. My vacuum test from tank to hose before the fuel filter failed. Does the stock line run in the open under the car? I...
  13. M

Problem while priming fuel on my alh

Original problem started with bad fuel. Had the tank pumped out fresh fuel. Ran but, on starting, I'd get a lopey or bouncing idle for the fist 2 min or 1/4 mile. I was putting up with it. Parked it while away for the weekend and when I returned, no start and fuel line from filter to IP...
  14. M

In removing the supply line from the tank outlet, I found an o-ring on the outlet. Never saw that in the Dr. Dan's video, Is there a groove, etc. it should be placed in? Is the check valve in the fuel pick up, or in the coupling to the tank? There wasn't a brief back flow when I released...
  15. M

Fuel system question

Muzy, Thanks for your contribution, What is your opinion about the back flow I'm experiencing? Have any pictures of the drill-out procedure? Does this involve the tube with the spring extending below the supply or outlet tube? Any thoughts on why air continued to bubble in - back flowing in...
  16. M

Fuel system question

Follow up - problem repeats! vacuumed a clear stream from the hose feeding the injector pump. No back flow/siphoning this time. Reinstalled original pick up to see if that solved the problem. Vacuum restored clear steam to far (return) side of pump. Car ran well, took a 5-6 mile test...
  17. M

Fuel system question

Thanks, I got it off without busting it. I pulled the pick-up to replace it, and discovered the probable issue. I originally got bad fuel. Local diesel mechanic had the "pro filter/evac unit so I let him work on it. When I pulled my pick-up I discovered it had not been properly assembled...
  18. M

Fuel system question

I'm changing my fuel pickup as I type this. Not sure how the electrical plug removes. Afraid to force it. I note the latch or catch on the new pickup but the plug doesn't appear to have a "press to release" point - or one that I can understand. I feel if I bust the plug, I'll be in deep...
  19. M

Same issue, but I went "Duh !!" and realized the filler cap was still on (creating a vacuum?) removing the cap didn't help, problem repeated and, considering the thought, the small amount of fuel I drew to take the bubbles out of the line from the filter to the pump wouldn't create such a vacuum...
  20. M

Fuel Contamination

Update Replaced the MAF, re-scan with vcds and it returns with "no codes" Problem now is no start. Engage starter, it fires for about 1 second then dies. No change with repeat, just "brumm" then dies. Will go to about 1100 rpm then right back down to a stop. I'm new to this so the "no...