Search results

1. H

Brand New Seat Cupra Rear Axle Bushing Pair (A4) $40

Brand New Seat Cupra Rear Axle Bushing Pair (A4) SOLD As the title says, I have FS a brand new pair of Seat Cupra Rear axle bushings that were meant for my 2003 VW Jetta wagon. Purchased from IDparts.com for $54.95 but did not need them. Willing to sell for $40 and will split shipping cost...
  2. H

Quick Fueling Question

Over 100 tanks clear to the top. No issues so far.
  3. H

glow plug light flashing when lights on

Jcrews, You hit the nail on the head. When I was changing my brake lights I broke the tab on the plastic light holder. I put it back the best I could and in the process bent a piece of the metal housing. This which was gounding out on the car. The dealer bent it back until I can get the part...
  4. H

glow plug light flashing when lights on

I have read through the posts about glow plug light flashing and am at an impass as to what could be wrong. Here is the story: Noticed brake light on driver side was out. Replaced and checked all brake lights. Everything is WAD. (Working as designed) Or so I thought. Started my drive home...
  5. H

FS: A4 Bentley Manual (VG05)

I am also interested in this if it's still for Sale. Thanks, J.
  6. H

November 2008 Mileage Thread

Fill up #3 Driver: howesje Miles: 833 Gallons: 14.861 Model Year: 2003 Model: Jetta Wagon Tranny: 5M Fuel Type: ULSD + PS Price: $2.97 MPG: 56.05
  7. H

Fill up #2 Driver: howesje Miles: 779 Gallons: 15.182 Model Year: 2003 Model: Jetta Wagon Tranny: 5M Fuel Type: ULSD + PS Price: $3.17 MPG: 51.31 Filled up 11/12/08 Total miles: 61013 150 mile round trip/day. P&G used as much as possible. New winter Michelin Xi2 tires. Avg temp ~ 45...
  8. H

Driver: howesje Miles: 807 Gallons: 15.566 Model Year: 2003 Model: Jetta Wagon Tranny: 5M Fuel Type: ULSD + PS Price: $3.27 MPG: 51.83 Filled up 11/5/08 Total miles: 60234 150 mile round trip/day. P&G used as much as possible. New winter Michelin Xi2 tires. Avg temp ~ 40 degrees F.
  9. H

Leaky window

I have a "new to me" 2003 jetta wagon. Now that the rain has started I have noticed some leaking from the passenger window. The door seems to be aligned and the weather stripping is intact. I really don't see why it's leaking but need to know the best way to fix. Should I purchase new...
  10. H

Diesel vs Regular

Near Spokane Wa. Diesel $3.91/gal Reg gas $3.60/gal Super $ 3.80/gal Only a $.30 spread which is a lot better than it was a few months ago. I am seing the price of diesel coming down faster than regular gas. Very nice indeed. J.
  11. H

700 Mile club Who's in?

Just purchased my 03 Jetta Wagon 5 spd manual. 1st take through the beast 48.8 mpg. 748 miles and light just came on. Vented. Liking this so far. I travel 95% 60-65 mph and would like to get in the 55-60 mpg some day. After some mods maybe. J.
  12. H

Programmers???

I am sure this does happen but I would bet that for every one fo the "hotrods" out there, there is one that is not. I really don't think "everyone" trashes their vehicle just because it has a tune. I want the programmer mainly for milage. I would also like the ability to put in different...
  13. H

Programmers???

This is exactly what I was talking about. There are a lot of programmers for the diesel trucks and for gaser cars but not for the TDI. It would be nice to have a couple to choose from. Then I am sure there will be different types. One as you described and some that you have to download tune...
  14. H

DP gain worth it?

I have the scangauge and for me the boost reading is all I need. Again, I am putting some "minor" mods but nothing too crazy. I think for me the scangauge will work just fine even if it is off by a lb or 2. By the way did I mention how much I love this scangauge. I am glad it was on the top...
  15. H

Programmers???

Fair enough. It is nice to hear the aftermarket world has been growing so well for the TDIs. It seems as though the the TDI is getting noticed more 2nd to the high fuel cost. That will only help increase the need for the aftemarket parts/tunes. Thanks for the reply, J.
  16. H

Programmers???

Yes, we have talked and I will prolly go this route. I'm just looking at all my options. The way things are heading for me I will not have the fundage to get a tune until next spring. Hopefully you will still be in Eastern Wa at that time. Then I could take a little trip. Rub, my main...
  17. H

Programmers???

I do like the sounds of the Q-loader but the price is a little high for me. The programmer I purchased for my truck was several hundred less than the Q-loader. The reason? Because I have 5 or more different brands to choose from. This makes it more competitive which brings the price down to...
  18. H

WTB PP520 nozzles for 2003 Jetta Wagon

As the title says. Looking for some slightly used PP520s if anyone has them. Please PM me if you do. Thanks, J.
  19. H

Programmers???

I have done some moderate research and found only one programer, the Q-loader. I have a programmer for my truck and could choose between several differenct brands. To me the programmer makes sense. You can hook it up to the OBDII port and download the tune. Make adjustments to the wheel...
  20. H

Tires affecting MPG? How much?

I have heard the larger and wider 205/70R15 will gain better mileage. I have read some arguments that this will not net any gains 2nd to the width of the tire. Has anyone ever scangauged this to see if this is true? Will the larger 105/70R15 get better mileage than the stock 195/65R15...