Search results

1. A

Replacement alternator has solid pulley instead of clutch pulley

Curious, what is the difference in the two styles of clutch pulleys? Or are you saying you have both solid and overrun clutched?
  2. A

Thanks for the response! It is the early square version. This replacement is supposedly a refurbished Bosch unit. I put the pulley from the old one on this new one and I guess we will see how it goes.
  3. A

I've ordered 2 and both have solid pulleys. Should I install the solid pulley?? 98 beetle
  4. A

DSG Fluid Level

This happened to me before. Seems like the actual factory fill for the 02E is greater than 5L, more like 5.8L. I would add more fluid until it dribbles out. It seems like the oil fill level in your transmission now is below the top of the fill tube neck.
  5. A

03 Jetta ALH wont boost.

sounds like you have a lose connector somewhere. I would carefully inspect all charge tubes and connections.
  6. A

Suddenly stopped making boost.. whats next?

Cool, I appreciate the response. Do you have any opinions on the 15/17 hybrid turbo from xman? I went with the regular vnt15 - My turbo has 180k miles on it.
  7. A

Ahh right. When I tested the actuator I spent an hour or two trying to free the arm. I used vacuum and some other techniques to try and free it up but it's stuck pretty good. I would love to fix it for that cheap, not excited to spend $800. When you referenced the oven cleaner, are you...
  8. A

👂 Do tell sir? Im looking at a VNT17 but am considering a hybrid like a 15/17. What are the pro and cons? I hear the 17 takes along time to spool and the hybrid has heat issues?
  9. A

Help finding replacement turbo for AGR

I genuinely wonder what the history is here. I suspect that it may have something to do with California smog laws. There are a handful of cars that had California only models due to the stringent smog laws.
  10. A

I have no freaking idea. This car has completely and utterly confused the crap out of me. Here is my factory sticker complete w the VIN that comes back as an ALH: Here is a clip showing the engine bay with AGR style tube when I did the TB The turbo plate:
  11. A

Was looking at a VN17, but unless I do some fueling mods, it doesnt seem like I have much to gain? Would it be worth it to upgrade the turbo with just a tune and no other mods?
  12. A

The plot thickens.. The car has a VNT15 038253019a installed now. I dont know what to make of this yet.
  13. A

Ok, you win the metal today. lol I have read everywhere that AGR is a wategate turbo, its like the main difference from the ALH, right? Well I just went down there and cleaned the turbo plate enough to read the numbers and bam, wouldnt you know it its a VNT15 038253019a. This is a vane turbo...
  14. A

No worries. Literally everyone I am emailing, darksidedev, ecstuning, etc all take my VIN and then try and sell me an ALH turbo with vanes. This is crazy.
  15. A

98 beetle agr Every site I search that I put my yr and model in is trying to sell me a vnt turbo for an ALH and I need a wastegate turbo for an AGR. Does anyone have a good vendor or part number I can search? Would prefer the Garrett
  16. A

2015 Jetta TDI M/T timing belt kit

I got a kit from id parts that was nice.
  17. A

Performed testing on the entire vacuum system using a guage and vacuum pump. It held 20in throughout the system. When vcds cycled the n75 it functioned perfectly and held the same amount of vacuum as the system when switched on. When I applied vacuum to the wastegate actuator it moved the...
  18. A

Thanks for the reply. I've got a wastegate turbo. But tomorrow in the morning I'm going to test the whole vacuum system including the valves and turbo actuator. I'm going to see if the actuator hold vacuum and moves the actuator lever the full range.
  19. A

I swapped the egr and boost control pressure converter valves and got some boost. But its surging and bucking and even made a bad noise upon heavy load.
  20. A

I was only able to move the wastegate lever about 2mm by hand and was very crunchy and gritty. I guess I need to test the n75, apparently if there is no vacuum, there be no boost.