Search results

1. R

Mk7 gas to TDI swap

My cousin have a 1.6 TDI and is not happy with, had a ton of problems. He says that 2.0 TDI are more reliable. I found my 2009 Jetta SW TDI (CBEA) also unreliable, but I have 350 k+, so... may be the high mileage also. I think is better to go with buying a crashed but fixable car and fix it. You...
  2. R

loss of power after HpFp replacement

tdiatlast: Thank you very much for your thoughts! I also foresee a (more or less) forced buy-back, as per reasons that you mention, plus: those cars are old and have high mileage, why to (so-expensive) fix such a car? I suspect VW not willing to work toward a such fix, and I can't blame them...
  3. R

Today I did a check at dealership: all emission system parts must be replaced, 7000$ only in parts. The adviser told me is not worth. He said either to return the car in buy-back program, either go with all emission delete tuning. I don't know what to do...
  4. R

Updates Today, coming home in a snow storm, my son driving and me as passenger, there was a glow plug intermittent light on and a message: engine fault: workshop. Scan and get the code: P0403 (1027). Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit. Cleared the code and 2 hour later car not starting anymore...
  5. R

There is a return line from injectors and another one from HPFP. They merge together in a metal line, close and almost on top of CR. From there, going to fuel filter is a rubber line. Well, I cut that line and I put an in-line plastic diesel - friendly filter. There was no metal at all in the...
  6. R

Updates: No more glow plug light blinking. No error codes found, no MIL. Still some under-power, but no more vibrations, specially at idle. Diesel injection specific noise is much louder when I press harder on gas pedal with low RPM. I found 3 used Injectors today. Wish me good luck! I had...
  7. R

JSW TDI parts for sale

Ok. Thank you!
  8. R

Does anyone know if an ALH can be swapped into an MK5 Jetta?

Men, don't buy any VW diesel 1.6 engine, not the new ones. My cousin have plenty of problems with injectors, made by Siemens. There was an old one classical, the only thing that was needed electrical curent was IP, to stop/start; this one is good, my brother have one and runs ok, but hard to...
  9. R

Thank you! I had to drive the car to a mechanic with VCDS and he confirmed my codes, but only in cyl 4, the 3 seems to come back. Going back home, I felt a jump (like when you start an engine by pushing or towing it); I later realized than the car run smoother... There is for sure more power...
  10. R

JSW TDI parts for sale

Injectors Still have the injectors and CR? At what price?
  11. R

Hello to all! Today I managed to re-start my 2009 CBEA engine, after a HPFP failure (2nd time) and replacement. I primed as needed (2x10 minute of both pumps running) and I used some quick start spray to help. When the engine started, I noted very rough idle and a lot of power missing. When I...
  12. R

2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

HPFP failure Hi, folks! About 2 years ago I had a HPFP failure, without any protection to my fuel system. I changed the pump with another one taken from a post-accident car , I also changed the common rail, because of those pressure sensors failure, post incident. I did not changed any other...
  13. R

ALH engine in a 2009 CBEA Jetta TDI

I like the CBEA engine, but I don't like all those sensors / captors (electrical stuff) that are much less reliable than the engine. I bout the car @ 100000 km / 2 years old. Two monts later I found oil in the expansion tank cooling system. I learn that the car had the same problem twice before...
  14. R

ALH engine in a 2009 CBEA Jetta TDI

Hi! Do you know somebody who put ALH engine instead the stock CBEA on a 2009 Jetta TDI, 6M ? Will fit with the stock transmission? Will be nice to have a mechanical engine and to trow out all those captors in CBEA! How about 1.9 PD? Thanks!
  15. R

Road trip distance?

Depart from Montreal, QC @ midnight (after working night shift and having guests in my house) on QC40, then QC138. Slept 1 h in Baie Comeau, QC, waiting for bank office to open. Continued on QC 289 N; lunch in Gagnon (ghost town), supper in Labrador City, NL. Take Translabrador HWY, slept 3 h in...
  16. R

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

I had a HPFP failure, at 296000km. Almost always i bought diesel from Esso, without problems; exceptions: when I am far away... I bought the car @ 103000km and I am the only one who fill the tank since I have the car. I used fuel additive get from VW dealership counter, but not always during the...