Search results

1. Zedbra

Erratic idle & Engine Behavior HELP PLEASE!!

Check the fuel and if that isn't it, possibly check cam wear. I had the same symptoms on my BRM and it was the cam/lobes. I'm starting to get some of the same symptoms on my PD.
  2. Zedbra

BEW EGR Cooler and 1749VB turbo that needs small repair

Turbo has now been refurbished and ready to go.
  3. Zedbra

I've had a few interested and some low ball offers. I have these packaged and ready to ship. Pics available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tdzcb981gwobzgl/AADoIypXgmxuXVns--V4Fny7a?dl=0 Dimensions at Canada Post were: 36x28x27 12.18 (I think pounds?) I have a Venture One 10%...
  4. Zedbra

Still available as is or I'm thinking of having the bushings replaced soon and tack that on.
  5. Zedbra

200,000 mile club... roll call!

I joined the 200k miles Club a while ago, I'm now at 210k. 2005 BEW, I bought the car with 25k on it in 2008. My goal is at least 310k miles, then maybe I'll consider something new. Maybe.
  6. Zedbra

BEW EGR Cooler and freshly rebuilt 1749VB turbo w/EGR pipe It's been a while since I have been on the Club here, but I am still putting on 1000km per week on my 2005 BEW. Recently, I had the VNT bushings prematurely wear out on my 1749VB turbo assembly and I had no time to pull the...
  7. Zedbra

Trailhead's BEW PD 5Spd Wagon

There's no going back once you've rolled in 17"s. ;)
  8. Zedbra

What did you do to your car today?

I swapped out my door lock module in the MK4 - took just over an hour from start to finish - wasn't that bad at all.
  9. Zedbra

Dealing with BeachedBora....

I needed a new 1749VB turbo as my current one is having issues after only 170k km, I need to travel for my job. Called Boraparts Monday morning, said they could arrange for 2 day shipping to Canada - placed my order at 3pm which is their shipping cut-off and I received my turbo this afternoon -...
  10. Zedbra

Quick front right turn signal bulb replacement question

You don't really need to go in there too often, so drill, zap strap, and forget. Mine have been like that for years.
  11. Zedbra

My right foot did go through my WeatherTechs after about 4 years. I couldn't find my receipt, but called them up, they found my order, asked I send them a couple of pics, which I did, and within an hour they had sent a new mat in the mail. Worth every penny in my eye.
  12. Zedbra

Coilover set-up vs conventional suspension; AND what to go with?!

I have had a variety of suspension systems in my cars, and a few in my MK4. If you don't need a lot of drop, then the Eibach Pro system is great right out of the box - smooth and allows for fast cornering without body roll. This doesn't allow you to change the height, though. I currently have...
  13. Zedbra

Quick front right turn signal bulb replacement question

Both of the tabs on my housings are busted from taking off those covers. A drill and two zap straps later, the covers stay in place. I'm Irish like that.
  14. Zedbra

For the plastic lenses I bought a new set of OE lights for $30 per side and melted off the lenses. I was quoted $70 a lense - go figure. Projectors are the FX-R from TRS. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/bi-xenon-fx-r-stage-iii-kit.html#.VFl9VckhDy8 New winter tires...
  15. Zedbra

4 month old CV Boot failed - What to expect from shop

I've been down this same road this year - two outer boots and an inner boot that took my axle with it.
  16. Zedbra

Replaced my cracked glass lenses with plastic ones, painted the inside of my lights, replaced my ballasts and bixenon bulbs - took almost all day but it needed to be done. In order to get to the lights on these older Dubs, you have to remove the whole front bumper. Fun. Started like this...
  17. Zedbra

2004 PD Jetta tiptronic transmission question

I needed to replace my solenoids in my tranny but it is still going strong and I'm closing in on 300k.
  18. Zedbra

Headlight Questions

I disagree. I added glass lenses and also 20mil 3M protective film, within 6 months I have 3 chips in my left glass that allows water into my headlights and two on the right. The amount of dirt they lay on our highways for winter around here make these a waste of money. Going back to plastic...
  19. Zedbra

Hills with a Malone tune

My last cat didn't rattle, it was just clogged - shortly after my tune. Guess where all that smoke has to first pass? Once the cat hit the ground, I was rolling full throttle again. I was getting really weird boost issues (noticed it going up hills at first) which lead to solving the issue...
  20. Zedbra

2010 Ranchowagen

I love that - put some fogs on there and call it a day.