Search results

1. G

WTB: Driver door speaker for MK4 Jetta 2000

Yes, that is the speaker riveted to the door skin. I would like to get only one speaker. I don't give many years left to this car so I don't feel like spending too much money on a complete speaker set.
  2. G

WTB: Driver door speaker for MK4 Jetta 2000

My driver's door speaker is out of service. Would like a replacement, it's a standard stereo, non-moonsoon.
  3. G

Mk4 Rear suspension coil spring lower seat (1J0512109), is it really needed?

Thanks a lot, I don't think i'll remove them again to put those back. I used rustproofing inside the springs pockets, that will be good enough for me. This car doesn't have 10 years yet to live anyway.
  4. G

Turbo_B5, thanks, that confirms what I tought and what I was hoping to hear! greetings!
  5. G

Hello! Just replaced the rear coil spring on my old '00 Jetta. All that was left at the bottom of the coil springs was a very thin corroded and useless ring. I couldn't even think about putting them back. One of the 2 was halfway there only. So, i put both coil springs there, in their...
  6. G

ALH Jetta VERY long to pick up heat, thermostat tested good.

I was not aware of different cooling system types. What are they so I can google them... ? I can't find any straight answer to the different types... bypass type and..?
  7. G

I just checked. Rein is the brand of what I bought on rockauto. Already used their stuff and seemed great. I hate to need to buy OEM things... they are way overpriced and most of the time, i consider them not even better... maybe I'll have to make an exception for thermostat!
  8. G

Sensor has been changed at the same time as the thermostat... 2 months ago, max. Sensor seems right as it finally gets to it's working temperature... EVENTUALLY. After 30mins +, i finally get to about 91C and it seems to stay there, as long as i keep load on the enigne, otherwise, it will drop...
  9. G

I might be trying a new OEM thermostat then... However, I would like to try the ''pinch the radiator hose'' trick before, just to compare. Actually, how does one manage to pinch a radiator hose without damaging it, without any special tools? Are there any common tricks? I'm having difficulty...
  10. G

EGR present, not clogged, everything stock. I noticed today on my scanguauge that the engine has no problem to reach 60C. Then, getting to 70C is a lot longer... and 87... like... forever. I will try not to use the fan for the first part of my commute to note the difference. I LOVE the...
  11. G

Thermostat housing has been changed with the thermostat, everything went well and I do not think any of the ears broke off. I also changed the cooling sensor at the same time as the thermostat. Coolant is about 3-4 years old. OEM g12 or g13 (Can't remember) used with distilled water. I...
  12. G

Hello! I'm pretty sure this problem wasn't there last year. Lately, I've been experiencing this problem a couple times as temperature is starting to go down. Today, it was about 32-34 F outside. Started my trip with a cold engine. Took exactly 30 miles (50km) of mostly high speed (50-60mph)...
  13. G

VCDS: Specified boost VS actual, WAY off.

Thanks a lot for the reply, quick and precise! I'll start from there!.... when I get time! Nice day to you! G.b.
  14. G

Simplify IQ plz? I read a lot, nothing makes sense!?!

Well, this thread took a bit of time to get some replies but it's starting to be very interesting! Mk3, can you clarify just how can the ECU adjust the entering air? Only way I can imagine is the N15 valve, adjusting the turbo. Is that it ?
  15. G

VCDS: Specified boost VS actual, WAY off.

I'm getting no codes, the car seems to act okay to me, but I have never driven any other TDI'S. When full throttle, the requested boost from the ECU is the maximum, which is 1950mbar. The actual (Real) pressure, seen in the VCDS tops at a little bit more than 2500 Mbar when full throttle...
  16. G

Thanks for the explanation, I might start getting it, still a bit confusing but well...! I'll just trust you more saavy people, so putting my IQ up, should reduce the effective injection quantity while cruising, and thus, saving a bit of fuel, am right?
  17. G

Hello, I'm trying to setup my car for best economy, I don't care about performance. The 2 basic settings I read about were IQ and injection timing. I got VCDS, managed to adjust timing in the middle of the top half of the graph. All this is fine. My problem is with the IQ. I read a lot...
  18. G

Part out 02 jetta tdi auto

Got any A/C parts?
  19. G

Shelf Life of Mobil Delvac 1 ???

I think shelf life for oil is ridiculous. Look at this example: I bought OEM manual transmission fluid directly from VW. On the bottle, there was a date; use before xxx. (it was not 10 years, it was relatively short) On the other side, from the factory, VW says that my transmission is a...