Search results

1. PickleRick

BHW turbo: need tips from the experts for getting it off

You can replace the oil feed line for the turbo with a stainless braided line. You can get some fittings from your local hose/hydraulic shop to temporarily install an inline oil pressure gauge. Although usually when I have oil flow issues with a turbo it's a drain issue and not a feed issue...
  2. PickleRick

3.0 V6 TDI

The r150f has been mated the the 4bt motors and held up ok(same as ax15). The torque pulse of those motors wreaks havoc on bearing and synchros. Can get some upgraded Marlin crawler parts for even more strength. The r150f would take more abuse from the skinny pedal than your 8"differentials.
  3. PickleRick

TDI into a Fiero

How are the transmission ratios in the fiero? They came with a 2.8 v6 or i4. A g6 6 speed transmission can be adapted to fit in place of the getrag, only maybe 1/4" longer.
  4. PickleRick

Project: PolarXJ (M-TDI XJ)

There's a reason many IPs have plunger primers on them, even priming the much smaller PD pump can kill a good battery.
  5. PickleRick

Which tdi have strongest front of the crankshaft?

Have you looked into any lombardini motors? Probably listed under the Kohler name as they aquired the company a while back(at least in north America) They have a great repower guide for different bell housings/applications/etc. Lombardini obviously being Italian but Kohler is a world wide...
  6. PickleRick

Strange resonance

Axles and tires are always a good start
  7. PickleRick

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Does Cali inspection care if it's an OEM carb cat or can a 150 buck carb compliant Amazon cat be installed in it's place?
  8. PickleRick

I can believe it. All of my VM diesel inboard parts for a motor sold here for many years must ship from the EU. Find an old school machine shop, one that will make a sleeve if a replacement cannot be purchased should it have cylinder damage/wear.
  9. PickleRick

Look at that poor obd port,. You were really going to do an mtdi and get rid of it?
  10. PickleRick

I have a feeling you're better off with a Kubota or similar motor that is built for such purpose. I don't know about newer tractors but my Dad's 80s model 300 John Deere loader with backhoe is set up the same. The flywheel drives the gearbox and the hydraulic pump runs off of the front crank...
  11. PickleRick

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

You don't need a new crank, just install the pilot bearing and let it sit a little proud. He's the only poster I've seen use a different crank. The 6 speed conversions in the BHW B5.5 Passats are pretty well documented at this point but the threads are spread between the b5.5 section and...
  12. PickleRick

putting MK4 alh into MK3 2.0 shell

The little eBay China fuel sending unit converter has worked great with my Toyota TDI conversion using the Passat gauge cluster with yota sending unit. Only issue I had was trying to set with ohms. Couldn't get it right. Pulled sender out of the tank and set it eyeballing the sender in...
  13. PickleRick

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

I don't know why I can't copy and paste links on this site anymore. On Google search bar I type BHW 6 speed conversion euro starter and the 5.5 spacer is posted in someone's parts break down. As for the starter, no one has posted a 2.0 starter as an viable option that ive seen. All the...
  14. PickleRick

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php%3Fthreads/bhw-01e-6-speed-swap.378108/&ved=2ahUKEwifzpnK3ZT8AhVdmYQIHW5yCXsQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0CBRVClgafgfausUXA_TSM
  15. PickleRick

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

I can't post the link, my phone is glitchy. Search BHW 6 speed and it's one of the first threads that appear, used in conjunction with the euro starter and 240mm dmf
  16. PickleRick

What's the fun of all that diesel torque if you can't snap things at will?
  17. PickleRick

BHW, Ford Ranger frame swap with bread truck body

Did you build it for a work vehicle? Would get lots of attention as a Bonnaroo camping rig.
  18. PickleRick

I thought making a pedal adapter bracket was going to be a real pita in my rig but ended up being one of the easier parts of my swap with pieces of 1/8 flat bar welded together to make a bit of a triangle so my TDI pedal would bolt to the spot where the original pedal mounted. I used my brake...
  19. PickleRick

BHW, Ford Ranger frame swap with bread truck body

Just a few steps from sweet tooth's van in twisted metal. Very sweet rig.
  20. PickleRick

Might make your soggy turd run like clean new undees! David at fast-forward has been great with the after the sale support with my conversion harness.