Search results

1. JFettig

The People's Porsche

Very cool Tim, I did not finish this and actually sold the shell, it's in New Jersey now with a LS1 in it. Business took over all of my time and interests.
  2. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

Hey guys, just a heads up, Ratified Motorsport is open for business in Mankato. Rat is on the short list of guys who I'll let work on my cars(and that list is very short). He's a Malone Tuning dealer. Between Rat, Nick(greengeeker) and Nur Technik, they have the you covered...
  3. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

Moved 3 years ago, no longer sharing a shop, not wrenching on cars at all anymore. I'm off of 99th and Daveport now.
  4. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

I followed you to my shop from 93rd to 99th in Blaine. Yes the waste oil.
  5. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

[486] your exhaust is naaasty
  6. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

Does anyone want this CARGO mat? I'll include 2 of those blocks, wife needs a couple for hers. It came out of a 2010 JSW, not sure what else it fits. (floor mat not included) Free fifty Free.
  7. JFettig

2015 Golf TDI vs modded 2000 Jetta TDI comparison?

2015 without a question. It won't give you the same punch in the pants that a mk4 can but it'll be faster, more comfortable, cleaner, more refined, last longer, overall better investment. DSG is the way forward in my opinion.
  8. JFettig

CR140 Stage 3

should be.
  9. JFettig

CR140 Stage 3

The compressor housing itself is different. you can get either but you have to have the appropriate outlet adapter(plastic or metal depending) that bolts on.
  10. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

Is that one of those Prothe belts I've been hearing about? :eek:
  11. JFettig

DSG Leak at Electrical Connector

I've seen it a ton of times as well, our 2010 is leaking as well. I have a theory that the DSG fill procedure over-fills it compared to the original fill by a small amount. I'm not sure I've seen a low mile DSG trans leaking from that connector.
  12. JFettig

The 1998 B5 Passat TDI (one of 2 stateside?)

I just happen to own 2 4-axis CNC's..... :D In reality it's not worth making a billet mount, I'd rather just buy a couple junk yard mounts and reinforce them if it becomes necessary.
  13. JFettig

Malone Vs Jeff Stevenson Tunes

It's funny how emotions transmit through the internet :D
  14. JFettig

What proof do you want, 2 hex files side by side? Would you be able to tell the difference when looking at hex? That's where it makes it difficult for the end user to tell the difference. A tune like yours would have started off as a similar tune then modified slightly to work with your specific...
  15. JFettig

Different Jeff.
  16. JFettig

Well, you gotta decide if you want a Malone tune or a ripped Malone Tune.
  17. JFettig

I welded it up and welded it up pretty thick, inside and out. I think having a new one would be best.
  18. JFettig

Yup! super rigid motor mount combined with a boatload of torque made it crack all over. I welded it up but I should probably figure out what other part numbers fit because this one doesn't appear to be available in NA.
  19. JFettig

MN Chat Thread

a standard box wrench works for holding the flywheel, put a transmission bolt into the block thru the box end and put the open end up against a dowel pin. Don't bother with the local auto parts tripple squares, you'll probably round them off.