Search results

1. GlowBugTDI

Craigslist: '99 Golf TDI for sale in MN

It was my neighbors that I tried buying a few months ago. So bummed I missed out. It wasn't clean as in the pics, but still a good car. Ran and drove. It needed a new oil cooler seal, and a couple other small things. Definitely needed a timing belt, but overall a good car. 100% worth 800$...
  2. GlowBugTDI

Right? I'm kinda bummed he didn't even call/text me. Granted I didn't see the car, but still. I'm like dude I left a number with you and said I was interested multiple times for a reason... Honestly thought emailing someone 4 times without a response was excessive, but because it was in the area...
  3. GlowBugTDI

Guy messeged back tonight saying 300k and 800$. Emailed him back now telling him i wanted to come see it and he said someone just bought it. kind of unfortunate as I had emailed him 4 times 2 times giving him my number (as people always seem to forget or not notice). oh well.
  4. GlowBugTDI

Lifters

I have to say though. The toyotas are pretty nice. My brothers 97 camry is great. Its super quiet on the hwy, gets about 30mpg, and does ebrakendrifts like a dream. I love toyotas amongst others. That being said they are definitely different then our tdi's.
  5. GlowBugTDI

Loud rattle in 2,3,4,5th gear at 1800-2600 rpm

If once to speed or in any gear you let off for a second then nicely reapply or keep that speed does it go away? In other words is it just under acceleration? Have you ever changed your trans oil?
  6. GlowBugTDI

Lifters

We've all been there man. Every car needs maintenance some more then others and part of it is what the most common problems with the model is. My alh has been reliable and I'd trust it to go anywhere. On the other hand i have had to do maintenance. Any car can break down on you. My brother has a...
  7. GlowBugTDI

Starting to wonder if there's a special trick to pouring PowerService from the 64/80 ounce jugs....

Go to your local hardware store buy something like this with a nut on the short end. (Make sure the other end will fit the tube depending on what you go with). Grab like a 3/4"-1" tube and a hose clamp. drill a hole in the ps jug cap (so its a tight fit around the pipe fitting) put the pipe...
  8. Screenshot_20230124-213933_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230124-213933_DuckDuckGo.jpg

9. GlowBugTDI

Lifters

Why? If there's no wear to the cam what difference would it make? The cam was in mint condition and the tappet should just mate to the cam lobe. Similar to a piston and cylinder. Though I know thats a bit different Put on almost another 100k no problem after the change. Sold the car then so who...
  10. GlowBugTDI

Lifters

You may have something different. Hard to tell without a video. Mine made sound all the time though that doesn't mean it can't be the same. It was like 950$ so for me at the time with no vcds and not feeling super confident in my skills on my only car it was worth it.
  11. GlowBugTDI

Lifters

Is it a higher pitch tick coming from the top end? I had one of my lifter/tappet (whatevers you wants to call em) start making noise at 200k. Had them all replaced and went about as normal. No head rebuild or anything. Cam was good so didn't have that changed either. Had the timing belt done...
  12. GlowBugTDI

MN Chat Thread

car was in too nice of condition for that lol (could be ute'd though). Pretty clean, blue, and 240k . It would have been worth fixing up had he not cut up and removed a bunch of stuff off the front end. He pulled both front struts, hub's, and cut the tie rods so not even a roller at this point...
  13. GlowBugTDI

MN Chat Thread

Nice. I talked to him about buying the whole car, but opted not to. Asked what he wanted for the trans and stuff but I haven't heard back. same with the head.
  14. GlowBugTDI

tdi hard lines (underbody)

Bummer. Thanks anyway my question has been answered.
  15. GlowBugTDI

MN Chat Thread

03 jetta tdi in clean condition. for parts. Said he would sell the whole thing, but it needs a lot of work (busted oil pan which killed the oil pump chain/system) the hubs and struts are also missing amongst other broken things. Pretty clean for body parts though.
  16. GlowBugTDI

tdi hard lines (underbody)

Hey all, Anyone know if the hard lines from a gasser Jetta are the same as the alh Jetta ones? Hoping some of you conversion guys know. Can't seem to find new ones online.
  17. GlowBugTDI

I'll let you all know. Still can't get ahold of him. Have sent 2 emails just in case. Hoping its not gone and that they just haven't checked their email. Not even sure im interested but i always like having the chance of being interested😄
  18. GlowBugTDI

Hybrid VW Beetle

Fwd= weight is right under the engine. Should be a quick car that hooks up fast. The problem with comments section is while sometimes is funny or helpful. There are soooo many peoole who really have no idea what their talking about. Anybody can comment weather or not they have quality knowledge...
  19. GlowBugTDI

Waiting to hear back. Slightly suspicious as the pics aren't current or even from MN it doesn't look like (mtn/hill in the background). That and theres only 2 pics, seems that if its actually that clean they would be giving a better description. Edit: Pretty sure those are old pictures of my...
  20. GlowBugTDI

Nice, about the least amount of info that can be given lol. Looks pretty clean though. He's just a gew miles from my place. I might just have to ask about it lol.