Search results

1. Herm TDI

Build of a different color

Since my wife passed away last January I have been at an impass. I did grief counseling which did help . I was at apoint that I had to find a new start. I needed a "project" to take my mind in a new direction...a place where I could focus my mind and my abllities , I still own anddrive my 2002...
  2. Herm TDI

Rear Axle R&R

I'm in the planning stage for the replacement of the rear axle . Due to corrosion and fatigue the Right side "leg" of the axle has warped causing excessive tire wear. I've compiled a list of parts let me know if you know of any thing I've missed: Rear Axle 1J0-500-051-L Brake line clips...
  3. Herm TDI

Part # request: 5Q0 611 797 B

Car Info: 2002 Golf GL (4Dr) TDI 5Sp I need the part # for the REAR axle clips that secure the brake lines to the axel. Thanks in advance.
  4. Herm TDI

Survey Says ? ....

I'm doing a rear break job on my MK4 Golf. Of the inventory on-hand I have the following brands:
  5. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ?

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  6. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  7. Herm TDI

It took me over a year to solve this MPG puzzle

Car Info: 2002 Golf GL TDI w/ 5-Sp manual Perf. Modifications: Stage 3 Tune w/ EGR delete 11 MM Inj Pump W/ PP 520 nozzles Stealth race pipe The Problem: About two years ago I noticed a steady drop in my MPG. I have no active DTC's I went through the usual checks. The static & dynamic timing...
  8. Herm TDI

Your favorite Mk-4 TDI Mods

What are your favorite ALH / MK4 mods ... Survey says ??? A day doesn't pass when I don't drive my MK-4 Golf. I love the glass headlight lens ... so clear The rear hatch auto-lock delete is always sweet ( I lock it when I need it) I hate having to use a key or the door switch just to open the...
  9. Herm TDI

Free to a Good Home

I'm in Maine. I have some A-3 (AHU /1Z) parts that I don't need or want. Mann air filters, oil filters, a ball joint or two.... water pump housing and other miscellaneous parts. I don't want to get into the hassle of shipping just come & get them. Also on hand: OEM factory injection pump...
  10. Herm TDI

Heater G/P connector FIX

Most A4 "ALH" owners are well aware of the problems with the heater GP connectors (melting). Here is a Fix: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=136062&title=heater-gp-27s&cat=505
  11. Herm TDI

Free to a good Home

I have a pair of MK-4 NB front seats. These are Black cloth (not-valore). Both are in good condition. They will fit MK-4 Jetta / Golf. The only potential difference may be the air-bag connector which you may / might need to swap . I'm in Maine...come & get them.
  12. Herm TDI

I miss the ol'e days

I miss the ol'e days...the oil wars debates...Laminar flow arguments...tire pressure combats on this forum...no one argues anymore...whats up ??? Skypup , dieseldorf, Lug_Nut , n1das, Drivebiwire
  13. Herm TDI

WTB: Jetta Wagon rear springs

I'm looking for a pair (REAR) of MK-4 Jetta Wgn springs. A towing upgrade for a Golf. :)
  14. Herm TDI

Wow

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FAgrifanpagina%2Fvideos%2F1004787986566485%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="313" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"...
  15. Herm TDI

Help Request: Key Fob Fiasco

Car Info: 2000 Jetta TDI GL ( w/ 5-Sp Manual ) Problem: Owner bought car with only the valet key. The owner now has a new key W/Fob & new battery. The new key works (engine starts, no issues, no alarms). The problem: The new key fob will not communicate with the door locks or the trunk . The...
  16. Herm TDI

Cutting keys

Hello , Is anyone on the forum cutting keys for MK4's ? I have a friend that has the 4 digit code and has a new blank key w/ fob. He needs the key to be cut ...anyone here cutting keys ?
  17. Herm TDI

I only wish

https://www.facebook.com/finance.business.2/videos/1259903894156188/
  18. Herm TDI

The dreaded Rocker panel corrosion ... and a fix!

I need to resolve a corrosion problem with the rocker panels on my 2002 Golf 4Dr. The worst is the driver's side front where the rocker meets the wheel well (Typical). I found a pair replacement rocker panels that do not require welding !! I received them today ! I was impressed with the...
  19. Herm TDI

TDI forum Photo server

Does anyone know if the TDI forum photo server is down ? I can't seem to upload any photos ?? :eek: :confused:
  20. Herm TDI

FS: ALH Belly pan

I have an ALH belly pan in VG condition. This is a factory belly pan. $40.00 ...pick-up only as this oversized item would be a steep shipping fee .