Search results

1. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

Tracing a dsg fluid leak found this: [/url][/IMG] The filter is completely crushed but the filter housing and o-ring are in good condition?
  2. DidJettarun

Selling Blackie

Hi All, My company is forcing me to have a company car and so I am selling my beloved 2003 Jetta. Those of you on the GTG circuit are familiar with Blackie and that Dang144 and I have taken very good care of all the maint. I have very detailed records of all that has been done. 230K and...
  3. DidJettarun

Melting tail light bulbs repeatedly

Hi All Been a while since my last post but my 2005.5 Jetta has decided to start burning up right tail light bulbs. Pull bulbs and the bases on the bulbs are melted to the point that the access to the inside of the bulb is open. I have replaced 6 bulbs in the last couple of months...
  4. DidJettarun

WTB 2003 JETTA body parts

Hi All I need a rt front fender and bumper cover bracket. PM me if you have um
  5. DidJettarun

Chasing Lug nut threads

Worked on a car today with only 4 lugs..could not get bolt to start...I need to chase threads...what is the correct thread pitch?
  6. DidJettarun

Brake Question

Put rear brakes on a bug a short while ago for my daughter's friend. She called me to say that the driver's rear brakes making noise and thought she saw smoke. I checked out asap only to find that approx 3/4 of an inch closest to the hub is not making contact with the pads solid rust pattern...
  7. DidJettarun

Headlight Replacement Suggestions

Daughter tapped another car and broke a headlight. Since both are pretty well fogged on the inside, I will be replacing both. So many choices have my head spinning and since my daughter is footing the bill...I also want to deal with vendors who support our site. Thoughts
  8. DidJettarun

FS 3m Thinsulate Accoustic Padding

Bought from www.Sounddeadenershowdown.com for $3.90/ft2 I have an 8ft roll x 2.5ft or 20sq ft plus a few odd shaped pieces. Great stuff $72.00 plus shipping (5lbs) from Columbia, SC
  9. DidJettarun

FS: 3m Thinsulate Accustic

bought from sounddeadenershowdown have $75 plus freight
  10. DidJettarun

Mystery TDI

Hi All, A buddy sent me a picture of his TDI but I cannot identify the model or year. Thanks
  11. DidJettarun

Repeated Headlight burnout

Ok I am going through headlights faster than Rosie O'Donnell eating a box of Twinkies. 4 so far in the last 15000miles. Yes I only handle with fresh latex gloves even when opening the package. I am using Sylvania premium bulbs (silverstar) white color beam The daylight beam is working but the...
  12. DidJettarun

Soft touch paint removal

During rehab decided to rid the jetta of the gooey soft touch coating on the interior parts. After searching the threads I thought I would post my recent solution given to me my VWSPFMAN from Gunther VW in South Florida Easy Off oven cleaner on all of the ABS ridged parts such as the driver's...
  13. DidJettarun

Fixing Broken Plastic Tabs

Took out the interior for total rehab on the 03 and of course broke lots of tabs. After research I found a product and thought that I would pass on my results. Plastifix from Urethane Supply Before repair: Plastic mold of neighboring tab ready for introduction of Plasticfix powder and...
  14. DidJettarun

Anybody added insulation under the headliner on A4w/sunroof?

Headliner is out for recovering and NO insulation found...has anybody added any thermal barrier material and with what effects...Live in very hot climate with black car so any heat barrier is a good thing. Obviously, I do not want to have interference with operation of the sunroof...I don't...
  15. DidJettarun

Carpet Pad Replacement Materials

Ok after searching the site I would like to hear the latest info on results with different materials to replace the under carpet/firewall pads. I recently had a severe water leak and padding became very moldy and not salvageable. I am considering 3M Thinsulate Accoustic to replace this padding...
  16. DidJettarun

Anyone Parting out BRM?

I will post here and the parts needed/sellling area. I am looking for the bracket/standoff that holds the camshaft sensor plug away from the block. Local dealer could not find the part number and emailed the picture out of the official repair manual only to find none in the US...before I break...
  17. DidJettarun

Anybody Parting out a BRM?

I will post here and the parts needed/sellling area. I am looking for the bracket/standoff that holds the camshaft sensor plug away from the block. Local dealer could not find the part number and emailed the picture out of the official repair manual only to find none in the US...before I break...
  18. DidJettarun

TDI Environment Denver Colorado

Hi, I may be moving from SC to Denver in the next month or so...anything I should know about operating TDI....emissions testing etc Thanks
  19. DidJettarun

VW special Tool help

I am rebuilding the block on a BRM and will have to replace the rear main seal and understand that a VW special exists that lines up the sensor making the procedure much easier...The problem is that the Bentley has no information on rebuilding the block. If anyone knows of other special tools...
  20. DidJettarun

G Oil

Anyone taken a look at this oil...It is advertised as a totally synthetic and the concept is interesting...I would never use it in the PD but the ALH....maybe