Search results

1. Fixmy59bug

What are your opinions on slotted rotors?

I am getting ready to replace front and rear pads and rotors on my 2015 Passat TDI due to some wicked vibrations under braking. I have been looking at the EBC "Ultra Quiet Sport" slotted rotors and Akebono ceramic pads from FCPEuro. They are kinda pricey, but I figure since FCPEuro offers a...
  2. Fixmy59bug

Which way does the fuel flow through the filter on a 2015 Passat?

I just received a fuel filter from FCP Euro and it seems to have a lot of fibers on it. It is a Mahle brand filter, so I trust my Vw with it as they make a lot of OE filters for Vw. But this is the first time I have ever seen loose fibers like this. If the fuel flows from the outer perimeter...
  3. Fixmy59bug

FS: Ross-Tech MicroCan $160 Shipped

A friend of mine just got rid of his MkV and traded up to a 2020 Tiguan. His MicroCan does not work on the newer MQB platform so he is putting it up for sale. It is an unlimited VIN cable. If anyone is interested, he is asking $160 shipped via USPS Priority Mail. IT IS NOW SOLD
  4. Fixmy59bug

So... How does the Auto Polar work in the NMS Passat?

So 740GLE has asked me to put up a review of how the AutoPolar FIS works on our Passat. So here it is. I have the older version which is the PF03+. I got it from Don (JSWTDI09) after Vw bought back his JSW. With an easy firmware update, I was able to get it working just fine in my car. For...
  5. Fixmy59bug

Anyone tried the Hepa cabin filter yet?

When I was doing an inventory for our local Audi store a few weeks ago, they had 3 different cabin filters in stock, one of which I had never seen before. They had the standard paper "dust" filter, Part number 1K1-819-644-B. They had the standard activated charcoal "dust and odor" filter, Part...
  6. Fixmy59bug

Brake rotors

So Passats apparently have a tendency to warp the front brake rotors. I'm not exactly sure why that is. But supposedly the Passat front rotors are interchangeable with the Jetta GLI and the GTI with the 312mm rotors. But I never hear of warped rotors on those cars, so I wonder if it might be a...
  7. Fixmy59bug

ACDelco brand DEF

I was just wondering if anyone has reported any problems with the ACDelco brand DEF? I work at a dealership where we have a Buick GMC dealership next door in our "family" so I can get DEF cheap or maybe even free from techs that have some left over from servicing trucks. I know DEF should all...
  8. Fixmy59bug

I'm trying to search, I really am...

So I am trying to search for Light Wheels in the NMS Passat forum to see how small and light of wheels people have gone to in the name of economy and just what effects they have seen. But the problem with the search function is that it sees Light Wheels as two separate search terms. So all of...
  9. Fixmy59bug

2015 Passat takes longer to start when it is colder

This is a first for me.... None of my previous TDI's ever had this problem, including my 2013 & 2014 Passat's. Maybe it is something different about the 2015? So when it starts getting colder (say below 35*F) it cranks a little longer before it finally starts. This morning it was 31* (the...
  10. Fixmy59bug

NMS Passat Accessory Fog Light Harness

This is the accessory fog light harness to install fog lights on your 2012-2015 Passat that did not originally come with fog lights. This is NOT the harness to plug them into the BCM. So the bulb out monitoring will not function, and you will not have turning lights. This is JUST the harness...
  11. Fixmy59bug

WTB: OEM LED taillights for 2012-2015 Passat

I had these LED taillights on my 2013 Passat TDI that were from the chinese market Passat. I sold them when I turned in my Passat on the buyback. I love the way they look and I would like to get a set for my 2015 Passat.
  12. Fixmy59bug

weird goings on.....

So I just requested the Vendor status be removed from my name since I no longer work for Vw. And at the same time I updated my email address. Almost 5 minutes later, I had problems with my account. My PM box was SERIOUSLY over limit, I was downgraded to a 50 PM limit, and I could not access...
  13. Fixmy59bug

Pioneer Avic NEX-8100

I bought this radio from XDecX with the intentions of installing it in my 2015 Passat. I have since decided I am going to just go with the RCD-330 instead. I have hooked it up to bench power to verify everything worked. Comes with the Maestro iData link, rear view camera adaptor, XM and GPS...
  14. Fixmy59bug

Continental PureContact LS

It's nice when the complaints I have about my car are not of the mechanical variety. What I dont like is spending money where its not absolutely necessary. But if it makes the car a nicer drive, then I will. When I realized just how much I hated the stock suspension, I changed out the struts...
  15. Fixmy59bug

Vw may soon hit the 85% requirement.

So according to this news report (so take it with a grain of salt) Vw said in February it has fixed or repaired nearly 83% of all affected vehicles. Obviously they havent FIXED or REPAIRED nearly 83%, but I would be more willing to bet fixed or bought back nearly 83%. I would not be affected...
  16. Fixmy59bug

PF03+ in 2015 Passat?

So I have a PF03+ which worked flawlessly in my 2014 Passat TDI. Fortunately, I remembered to pull it before I traded it in on my 2015. I updated it from 5.4 to 5.5 before installing it into the 2015, and it doesn’t quite work right. Boost shows in the negative and EGT’s just don’t read...
  17. Fixmy59bug

Am I being irrational?

Four months ago, I bought my used Reflex Silver 2014 Passat TDI SE. it wasn’t EXACTLY what I wanted, but close enough. It has some imperfections which sucks because I am OCD and I like my cars to be in pristine condition. Last month, on the way home from the NASCAR race, the glow plug light...
  18. Fixmy59bug

Is it possible for a FAR superior fuel to do this?

So this weekend I took a trip down to So Cal (from Vegas) and on the way down, it drove normal. Temp (via PolarFIS) showed a max temp of approx 225*. The needle never moved, so I know it didn't go higher. Usually at 227* is where it creeps off of dead center. And my trip down fuel economy was...
  19. Fixmy59bug

Flashy glow plug light

Oh boy..... So to it coming home from the nascar truck race, my glow plug light started flashing. No immediate sudden loss of power, at first. After about 500 feet, engine sputtered to a stop, battery light came on, check engine light came on. I'm thinking, crap. I know Passat HPFP failures...
  20. Fixmy59bug

I HATE the stock suspension

So I am quickly realizing why I quickly changed out the stock suspension on my 13 Passat TDI. But now that I am in a bone stock 2014, the stock suspension still sucks. It is too floaty. The front suspension really does feel like a boat on the open waters. I am OK with the stock height, so I...