Search results

1. Old Navy

Comment by 'Old Navy' in album 'Old Navy'

Wow 18 years ago.
  2. Old Navy

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I Got checked during harvest season in cotton country years ago in my 81 MB 300D, but it clattered like a tractor unlike the new diesels and was a hoot to smoke tailgaters. :D Nissan V8 diesel could pass for a gasser it's so quite, not sure about new VW's and MB's.
  3. Old Navy

I'm sure he was laughing at you, I would have been....:D Also your fear of short start and stop is totally unfounded, because I'm sure you don't do it that often. Only thing it strains is the battery, but if good battery and you then head off on your trip even that's no big deal. :) Only thing...
  4. Old Navy

Anyone interested in Old Navy Fall GTG: Saturday, Oct 17, 2015

I think Glen's RR even has the kitchen sink. I really like the air ride suspension, wish I had that option. It was quitter then my ECO D, but my truck isn't as noise suppressed under hood or at the exhaust as it's a work truck and built for serious work like hauling a bed full of gravel or logs...
  5. Old Navy

Thanks Jason I'll do my best.
  6. Old Navy

Well let us move forward from '15 to '17 and guess who showed up here at our new house here in the country about 30 miles from our old home in Poplar Bluff. MOGolf drove up in his Range Rover, and surprised the heck out of us, haven't seen him since '09 and didn't recognize him at first...
  7. Old Navy

2014 RAM EcoDiesel, so far very impressed

I not sure but have heard of some failures of aftermarket filters, not sure if it caused oil pressure dropped. Sounds like saving $5 or $10 may have cost you big time if CFA refuses to warranty if damaged from aftermarket filter. I use the CFA filters because they have several more pleats and...
  8. Old Navy

Yes the Jack is flown from yard arm underway. It's an old tradition dating back to 1700's British Navy and their flying the Union Jack in port at the bow and underway at yardarm. Lot of our military customs come from British.
  9. Old Navy

Maybe. Earlier this month I had a lady in TDI Jetta pass me then slow down slower then my CC setting when she passed so I changed lanes to pass and she sped up and at about 90mph she flipped me the bird and let me pass. Then earlier this week a guy in Jetta wagon do the pass me and slow down...
  10. Old Navy

Glad to report only one in 2.5 years by another PU truck owner and only because my truck has factory duel exhaust. He came up and ask in one flowing sentence if my truck was a diesel he said because my truck was 1/2 ton and with duel exhaust looked like a Hemi gasser and then ask if it was the...
  11. Old Navy

My $47,000 list truck was $37,000 with employee discount and I got 0% interest.
  12. Old Navy

The actual premium is only at best $1500-$2000 because of extra's that FCA requires to be included such as block heater in all engines but without the cords attached to extra's required by law such as DEF system itself. Where I live block heater is not needed, but every engine has one and it...
  13. Old Navy

Not seen any locals with any DEF heater problem, but with it having to get down to 11F to start freezing you should be good in VA unless in northern part of mountains, mine was out in a rare -2F overnight low for two days in row and never had a problem. But nothing is perfect, and I bet you...
  14. Old Navy

They come with 10 year and 100,000 mile warranty on drivetrain which includes injection pump, not sure if Chrysler actually has an actual in house extended warranty program. I have 33,000 miles on mine no real issues other then operator error. :o
  15. Old Navy

I've often wondered what people do if they live in areas where winter overnight temps from Nov to Mar are often 0F or below that have cars and trucks with DEF tanks. I live where number of days below freezing (32F) is probably less then 50 days and days in the teens maybe 10 or so and often go...
  16. Old Navy

Between wrecks and tanks that were full or near full in sub zero weather I'd be surprised if there wasn't a waiting list for one. I never keep my DEF tank full summer or winter, maybe 3/4 at most. I winter when the forecast is for near or below 0 degrees (F) I park in the garage and move wife's...
  17. Old Navy

They(FCA) came out with TSB about it, they were warrantying the system even though they had had some people buying DEF that had been on the shelf too long and causing problem. I think the problem most had was computer caused.
  18. Old Navy

Well the picture is about 10 years old, so odds are he's dead.
  19. Old Navy

Mine holds 10.5 gallons and I run it down to about 1/4 tank then buy another jug or two depending on time of year. From Nov thru Mar I never fill above 3/4 tank due to cold weather and sudden temp drops to about zero from a 50F plus day. Man I hate that kind of weather. Oh and my truck sits...
  20. Old Navy

This will depend on length of said temp's ranges, my guess of a southern MO summer where we go from 80F daytime high to 100F June thru Aug. with overnight lows from 65F to 85F during these months. So long term storage of one or two 55 gallon drums is not going to go well when 15 gal will last me...