Search results

1. DCELL

Torque spec for seat belt bolts?

I removed my b and c pillar trim to drop my headliner last week. I had to remove the bolts from the seat belt shoulder harness to pull off the trim. Putting it back together now. Can anyone tell me what those bolts should be torqued to? I feel like they are sort of important and I can’t seem to...
  2. DCELL

For Sale: 2000 Jetta $1850.00 OBO Indianapolis. Parts car or rebuild

mod: please delete this post! please delete. accidental double post..
  3. DCELL

For Sale: 2000 Jetta $1850.00 OBO Indianapolis. Parts car or rebuild

For Sale: 2000 Jetta $1850.00 OBO (frontal collision damage) 2000 Jetta GL ALH 5 speed. Blue with tan interior. GL, no sunroof, no power windows. Runs great and drives fine. 258K miles. A friend of mine bought this car in 2011 with 146K on the clock. I have personally maintained it for him...
  4. DCELL

MN TB tools for CR question for the gurus

for the gurus that actually do some timing belts- I need to know if my orange metalnerd crank lock tool will work for a common rail. It looks nearly identical in the pictures (new one is pink anodized) as what I have for PD engines, except the part that protrudes appears shorter in the "new...
  5. DCELL

WTB: P/S line, clutch switches, Misc.

I am trying to put the final touches on a 5 spd swap and i need a few things: (I am near Indianapolis) Power steering line for a manual golf or jetta. (not sure if a beetle line would work, but I would be able to ID the one I need if you have a picture of what you have). The one I'm using is...
  6. DCELL

Anyone got a Bentley handy? CJAA?

Hey guys, I need to change an alternator, and I need a quick rundown of the procedure to put a 2011 jetta carrier into the service position. Never had to do it on a MK6. I'm aware there are "other" methods, but I'd prefer to do it the right way. If someone could screenshot the diagram showing...
  7. DCELL

2011 CJAA Alternator diagnosis?

2011 JSW CJAA, 117K miles I am trying to diagnose a 2011 sportwagen from afar. I work on tdi's regularly, but I admit I don't have a lot of experience with the newer common rails, so I'm looking for some help here. The owner of the car reported all the dash lights going haywire and the car died...
  8. DCELL

Smyth UTE build thread (hopefully)

Hopefully this is beginning of a unique build. I have been in love with/ contemplating a smyth ute build since I first saw some concept photoshops of it a couple of years ago. I am in need of a fuel efficient small truck. Rather than build a conversion truck, I've decided to convert a Jetta into...
  9. DCELL

A New ALH valve cover GASKET ONLY>?

I have a spare leaky valve cover on the shelf. I have a really leaky valve cover installed on the car. I have another leaky one in a car I'm working on. I don't want to spend $200 on a new one. I know I can just slather RTV all over the seal and it "might" work, but probably won't. I read a...
  10. DCELL

One bad clutch...

I don't usually start threads, but I had to share this one. A few months ago, I completed a five speed swap on a 2000 beetle for a close friend. It's a Sachs g60/vr6 SMF kit from a reputable vendor. He drove the car about four thousand miles, then decided to loan the car to a 60 year old lady...
  11. DCELL

ALH Possible bent rod advice?

I'll try to make a long story short. The car I am currently working on is the first I've seen that actually had timing belt strip itself and then the owner restarted it and let it run trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I've had others with suspected "slipped timing" or tensioner...
  12. DCELL

bad differential diagnosis? Axles? bearings? Help!

not my car, but one I'm trying to work on. The car is a 2002 new beetle tdi 140K unknown history/ auto tranny was inop when purchased. Turbo is also inop, but that's for another day. I swapped in a used 02j and associated parts. I used new bolts where appropriate. New g60/vr6 clutch from idparts...
  13. DCELL

F/S: Lisle triple square bit set and other tools

*****sold***** I recently acquired a second set of these and I have no use for the extra one now. I have four individual bits new in unopened "old stock" packaging. Lisle sells them in a four pack or individual, these are the individuals. Sizes 6, 8, 10, and 12. Handy for several VW and other...
  14. DCELL

F/S: MKIV ALH 5spd transmission swap parts

post removed
  15. DCELL

Leaving the fest, anyone else see this??

As I was leaving the fest Sunday (I left just as it started raining hard, the raffle was still wrapping up), I witnessed a pole transformer explode as I was waiting to turn onto KY4/ new circle road. The stop light blinked a couple times and rain and wind were starting to get very violent. All...
  16. DCELL

f/s: THULE Roof Rack w/ two bike mounts A4/ 4dr

EDIT: SOLD SOLD SOLD This roof rack system will fit FOUR DOOR A4 cars only, Golf or Jetta. It hooks to the hidden pegs above the doors under the rubber weather strip. Load bars are rectangle tubing, not the newer extruded aluminum type. One of the bike carriers is mill finish aluminum, the...
  17. DCELL

2002 Golf GL TDI Auto 131K Noblesville, IN $5100

***EDIT: CAR IS SOLD!*** I have decided to get serious about selling my "other" TDI. I made an Ebay Classified listing for it, I have a whole bunch of info and pictures there. Just search ebay for item # 110687635982. It's a "local" classified listing so it will not show up in a general Ebay...
  18. DCELL

WTB tan rear seat cushions and parcel shelf ('02 golf)

So a jug of G12 with a loose cap fell over on my back seats and stained them pink as it leaked... I'm looking for both (or at least the large passenger side, it's the worst) seat bottoms. These are smooth tan cloth (NOT Jetta mouse fir) they have the "Matrix" pattern on them. Maybe you have...
  19. DCELL

BEW engine cover and remote

FS: Nobody needs an engine cover or Remote?? EGR parts? EDIT: ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD!! I have a PD engine cover in good used shape. The insulation is mostly all there, it's just starting to flake and separate a little. I was going to try to make a "custom" cover for my ALH, but the oil hole is in...