Search results

1. T

'94 Taurus GL - Oil Pressure

Bit puzzled, and working on solving an issue that's been recurring for a while now. Well, two issues really, doubtfully related. First is the oil pressure issue, being more important. Oil pressure light is on at idle and low engine speeds. There is adequate, fresh oil of a proper weight (10w40)...
  2. T

I know it isn't a car, but...

What do TDIClubbers think of modern Triumph motorcycles? I love the classic Triumph look, and a dealer local to me is making noises about taking a fair chunk off a 2010 Bonneville. It has enough power to suit me (almost as much as my DD at a sixth of the weight...) and has that classic look...
  3. T

How big a PITA is...

Replacing the ignition lock cylinder in a 2006 Equinox? The key has been binding/ not turning for a while now; usually holding it right means it will turn easily, get it wrong and good luck. I/we are assuming this is an issue with the lock cylinder, and not the actual switch itself. It's...
  4. T

Audi TDI in SC

I spotted you last night, driving on campus. Nice plate, "BYE BMW" is a nice touch on a new Audi. Diesel, no less; I recognize that sound. :D
  5. T

Honda leaker

How hard is it to service the seals in a Honda transmission? Like, the ones that would leak? My sister's '98 Civic EX needs some transmission lovin. It's losing fluid at a slow but steady rate, and at 150k miles it's probably never had the filter replaced... but apparently I can't do that, the...
  6. T

Help! I need somebody... (1980 Dasher Diesel)

Though anyone who knows an answer will do! The total overhaul rebuild of a 1980 Dasher diesel has stalled. This project has required the replacement of anything and everything rubber on it, after sitting under a walnut tree and in the Southern Sun for half its life. We need subframe...
  7. T

Throwout Bearing Goes Where?

Maybe I'm stupid, but... the clutch setup on my coworker's '95 Golf (2L ABA, o2o 5-speed) is something I'm rather unfamiliar with, in that it's, well, backwards compared to my longitudinal VWs. Most of it is simple enough to figure out, and I do have a Mk3 Bentley right here in front of me, but...
  8. T

1.2 / 1.4 TDI specs?

So, I have a thought, a concept burning in my mind, that I'd like to take some time to see if it's even feasible (not financially, but in a "pull your hair out until you're bald" kind of feasibility) thing before I go bothering an importer. I have this Dasher, see. She needs a full restoration...
  9. T

GM 3800 question

GM 3800 question -Solved So, since it seems that the 3800 has many proponents, advocates and supporters here, might be a good place to ask. Co-worker of mine has an Olds Delta 88, 3800 automatic. Not the best of condition, but serviceable and quite reliable. We were setting up to do a fairly...
  10. T

Fueling Up in SC?

Any of you fine folks drive a dark green Jetta TDI in the Seneca, SC area? If so, that guy with the big purple bus filling up across the pumps from you at Bountyland today was me. :D
  11. T

WTB: VNT 15/17 and intercooler(s)

WTB... I always want to pronounce that "watibbly" for some reason... Anyway, looking for some parts. Specifically a turbocharger, either VNT 15 or 17 (I'm not picky, as I'm not looking for heavy performance, just some reasonable boost and quick-quick spooling), and a pair of small intercoolers...
  12. T

4 TDIs in Clemson... students?

I've pretty consistently seen 4 TDIs (Three Jettas and a Golf) around Clemson University campus and in the surrounding cities (Seneca, Central, Clemson). I know at least one is an out-of-state set of plates (I wanna say 'sconsin plates but I'm not sure). The rest I believe are in-state SC...
  13. T

WTB: Busted automatic

Yep, heard it right. I'm looking for a dead automatic transmission, any code. Mode of failure doesn't matter, so long as the gears and gear carriers are in good shape. I'm searching for it so I can gut it for another project that needs planetary and ring gears. Cheap is good, free is best. Only...