Search results

1. T

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

I have about 1300 miles and six weeks in the Alltrack: still digging it. Mine is the SE model with Fender sound/ subwoofer, panoramic sunroof and CarPlay infotainment. I'm averaging 21-23 MPG per fill-up: really, the only letdown compared to the TDI Golf. I was able to get tinted all around...
  2. T

EZ: I have about 700 miles in on the Alltrack, so it's not "broken in" quite yet. I'm still enjoying the Alltrack for what it offers: good performance, roomy, quality feel, excellent amenities, AWD. I don't have any remorse re: MPGs. The Alltrack is performing as expected. Maybe in the future...
  3. T

I previously owned a 2013 TDI Golf and completed the buyback process in late February 2017. Now I'm in a 2017 GSW Alltrack SE : it's a decent ride. Just like everyone anticipated, the 1.8 TSI of the Alltrack lacks some torque punch and lower MPGs than the TDI Golf. Right now, I'm a happy camper.
  4. T

Received a letter from California Emissions

...this response seems to make make sense! thanks for the input :)
  5. T

Has anyone heard back from CARB about this project? I sent a response back at the beginning of the year... have not heard back yet.
  6. T

VW's Official TDI website

I hope the VW dealers can still sell TDIs through this buyback process: I'd be interested in selling the old one (2013) and replace it with a newer TDI. Maybe the 2016 TDIs might make it to the dealership in time for this buyback?
  7. T

Would you purchase a TDI Post-Dieselgate

In the future, I'm looking to trade in the 2013 VW Golf TDI for a CPO 2014-2015 (2016?) Touareg TDI...will need to pull a family vacation trailer around...I really like the TDI power, performance and economy.
  8. T

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$1.99 for D2 at Chevron, Victorville CA
  9. T

Here the weblink to the CARB FAQ "Motor Vehicle In-Use Testing Program" http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/inusecom/inusefaq.htm Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About ARB's In-Use Test Program...
  10. T

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I received the same letter from The California Air Resources Board re: my 2013 Golf TDI. The CARB website has a FAQ on this test program that has good info: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/inusecom/inusefaq.htm Seems like they will borrow the car and run tests anywhere from @ 1 week up to @ 3 weeks.
  11. T

What did you spend your Goodwill money on?

paid for the 40K service so far, still thinking about what to do with the balance...
  12. T

How Long did it take??

Activated the cards yesterday and used them to pay for the 40K service at VW Ontario, CA. Easy-breezy no hassles at all.
  13. T

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$2.39 Propel renewable diesel HPR, Ontario CA
  14. T

How Long did it take??

I registered on November 09, arrived in the mailbox December 14. Looks like it was sent from TN.
  15. T

How Long did it take??

I suspect delivery dates based upon geography. VW headquarters located in Virginia, might be where the mailings originate. US Postal service has regional hubs. Things take time to work through these systems.
  16. T

How Long did it take??

signed up on November 9th, today is December 10th: waiting.
  17. T

Rear washer hose failure

I had the same rear washer hose failure issue: my hose completely broke in half. I went to NAPA AUTO PARTS and bought new piece of hose "patch" segment, a couple of hose connectors that were appropriate diameter and length, and some electrical tape to bind all connections. I too used the Audi...
  18. T

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

I'm due for 40K oil change and transmission service: the $1K "Goodwill Package" should cover that expense nicely. Thanks VW! :)
  19. T

Anyone Here A Beer Fan?

Porter or Stout. Deschutes: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/
  20. T

Propel Diesel - HPR

it's good for all diesel engines according to propel