Search results

1. dubCanuck1

The Swap Saga Strikes Back!

Hmmmm. I must have missed the last question. So, last post was in 2014. In late 2014, the missus asked me for a divorce. In trying to reconcile, I got rid of chassis #2. I kept the engine and all the goodies, but the project has stalled. I'm now selling my house and building on an acreage, but I...
  2. dubCanuck1

CE2 car.
  3. dubCanuck1

Sh!t. I blinked and another 2 years went by. Had a rough 2013 with my kid being pretty sick most of the year, and with the Calgary flood situation, I ended up working something like 2 jobs' worth of time for most of the year. Car's still in the works. This spring/summer will have some updates...
  4. dubCanuck1

Calling Oilhammer other trans wizards - 17116 - Gear 2 P0732 - 003 - Incorrect Ratio

My guy was goimg to put a bunch of work into it, but we couldn't seem to get parts for the trans. When he pulled the valve body off there were "icicles" of comgealed fluid coming off of it. Here's what he figures would have been wrong. Valve body and rebuild kit, with fivers and steels...
  5. dubCanuck1

Calling Oilhammer other trans wizards - 17116 - Gear 2 P0732 - 003 - Incorrect Ratio

Update on this one. I ran out of time, working 60+ hrs a week, so it went off to my VW mechanic friend. I still had reverse and things weren't making any noises. Funny thing. When I was driving it to him, as long as I really babied it, it wouldn't dump into limp mode. It actually took about 10...
  6. dubCanuck1

So, doing my Bentley homework...Definitions of N21x PCV valves. Solenoid Valve 4 N91 and Pressure Control Valve 1 for Auto. Transmission N215 Continuously regulates (as a modulation valve) the amount of ATF required. Additional information for this can be found in 180 5-Spd. Automatic...
  7. dubCanuck1

All other gears (after the drive) 4th gear 3rd gear 2nd gear With it in manual (Tiptronic) position: .....and for good measure, I took a scan again of the car and ended up with an additional code. Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01V-927-156.lbl Part No: 3B0 927 156 CF Component: AG5...
  8. dubCanuck1

OK. Here's the summary of the rest of my testing for this afternoon: I started the car and here's what I started with: After driving it to get this lovely display on the gauge cluster (and the bad shifting). I hooked it up again . Note Group 002, section 4 This is in Park (P) In reverse...
  9. dubCanuck1

Sorry. A couple 60-hour work weeks kind of killed my efforts. Today, I'm back on it. I hooked the car up again and did measured the blocks for the trans (lots of handy info in that spot, btw). The multifunction switch seems to be working properly (according to the readings while parked. I'll...
  10. dubCanuck1

She's all dry. I'm going to pull it and check it visibly anyways.
  11. dubCanuck1

BTW, fluid level was said to be OK by the tech, but quite dark.
  12. dubCanuck1

OK, so I did the acoustic tests. Here were the results: N88 - OK N89 - OK N90 - OK N110 - OK PCV 1 - 215 - OK PCV 2 - 216 - heard a single "click" that sounded more like it came from the gauge cluster, but no alternating "tick/beep" like the other PCV did. PCV 3 - 217 - No noise. Odd. I did the...
  13. dubCanuck1

Well, this one happened. Driving the car one day (2005 TDI Passat with Tipper). I noticed that it was hard shifting and then noticed that on the gauge cluster, all the gear selection lights would go on after about 3 minutes of driving. Coming to a stop, the car would be stuck in 3rd I believe...
  14. dubCanuck1

Noted. Thanks.
  15. dubCanuck1

Things have been slow with the wife and kids coming back into town and my garage being filled with furniture and carpet. I did pick up a bead roller, some hi-temp paint and some of that Eastwood internal hi-temp internal pipe coating for my boost tubes and downpipe. Probably going to grab some...
  16. dubCanuck1

Overcoming big lag in 2005 Passat PD

Hahaha. Noted. The wife drives it most of the time. It's "her" car. RC2 is looking like it's going to happen. We've already adjusted our driving style for the most part. It's just when you need to move quickly, it's not a good feeling to be left hanging like that, particularly if you switch...
  17. dubCanuck1

Really? That's just balls! all that because of Tiptronic? Is this mod the same as the Euro tweak? I heard that if you recode it sort of the same way the Euro cars were done, that it'll rev closer to redline before shifting. Wondering if this is the same.
  18. dubCanuck1

Hi all, This one drives me absolutely mad. I've got two diesels on the road; 1) a 2001 Jetta with ALH. The throttle response on this car (even before I modded it) was pretty snappy. No noticeable delay while waiting for the VNT-15 to spool. It's a great little driver. My 2005 Passat is PD...
  19. dubCanuck1

Small update. Picked up a hydraulic clutch setup from a B3 Passat TD and put that in. Pressure tested the boost tubing to 50 PSI Fabbed some mounts for tubes to anchor to car. Modified a dual-fan shroud to work with the MKII radiator Traced a bunch of wiring I'll get some pics up as soon as I...
  20. dubCanuck1

So, my attempt at a new reducer went a little bit awry. Good news though, I was able to scavenge my old one and carry on fabbing the downpipe. I'm kinda proud of myself. I bought 1 builder kit of tubing and still have a 90 degree left to use for the over axle stuff. Although in all honesty, I'll...