Hi all, I'm at wit's end trying to diagnose this clunking issue in my front end. But first, some backstory:
- When driving, during a rear > forward weight transfer, there is a single metallic clunk originating from the front of the car.
- The noise seems to happen while braking, but...
I am planning to retrofit our "new" Jetta, and I don't want to deal with the hassle of cutting the housing to fit Mini H1s.
Is there a projector that will fit into our housings and not hit the lens when sealing it all back up?
I have a 2002 wagon with Monsoon (double DIN) and steering wheel controls.
- Single din
- Dash pocket
- Do NOT need to retain steering wheel controls (I never use them)
What exactly do I need to make this as plug and play as possible?
When I swap in my soon to arrive PD140 turbo, I'd like to future proof my EGR cooler at the same time.
- What material is the cooler (aluminum or steel)?
- What position do I weld the butterfly flap (parallel or perpendicular to air flow)?
Have a complete parts car. I'm keeping engine and the majority of the stuff under the hood.
Everything else is available at this point. Shoot me a text @ 303.746.993eight for a quick response and price. I'm happy to ship anything, regardless of size.
I'll update this post as stuff sells, but...
<BRM> Does the ECU limit power until the car is at proper operating temperature?
I've been through everything on this car. EGR valve (brand new), EGR cooler only 40k on it, and NO visible leaks. Cam and lifters all within last 13k miles, purrs smooth as a kitten. Zip tie mod on turbo, and...
Tested to exact same values as the brand new replacement unit in VCDS. Car drove identically before and after replacement. I attributed my driving issues not to the valve itself, but to the chaffed wires on the valve harness.
Would work well for testing purposes or as a budget replacement...
Copying my post from another thread in its own. As it is now, I have to slip the clutch from a standstill just to get moving. It feels as the car is making all of 9 hp below 1800rpm. That’s with zip tie mod and pressure differentials of around 100 mbar.
Quite frankly, I’m very disappointed with...
Hi all, considering doing a 1.5 Malone and I guess my only concern is EGTs at higher elevations. Living in Colorado, hill climbs are a regular occurrence, and it's not uncommon to do 30 second, very steep hill climbs at high speed at high elevations.
Am I right to worry about EGT's or is this...
Hi all, I have two questions today:
1) First off, I seem to have low boost in the group 11 test in VCDS. High of 980 mbar and low of 890 mbar. Most others seem to report a high boost of 1170 during this same test. I tested my actuator and vacuum from N75, and both are in spec. My actuator rod...
Let's get this out of the way; I'm a bonehead. We failed to get a back-up key, and over the weekend lost our only key!
Thankfully, I have detailed pictures of both sides of the key, and it sounds like we'll be able to get a new one cut without a trip to the dealership.
So, stop what you're...