Search results

1. T

Going from 18" to 16" Wheels

Wow! Are these stock wheels?
  2. T

For those curious:: weighed the original 18" wheels with brand new Pirelli P7 tires and it came out to 54 pounds (parents just got new tires on their identical car). Just received a brand new set of OEM VW 16" Beetle/Passat 10-spoke wheels and without tires they come in at 22.2 pounds. Waiting...
  3. T

Low Profile Head rests

Figured it out: https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/kellens-2018-r-line-dadmobile.9016961/page-7
  4. T

Thanks a lot for pointing that out! I did look at a tire calculator and double checked by looking at the 2016+ Passat 16" tire size and my 235/45/18 should be 215/60/16 to keep pretty much the same outer diameter.
  5. T

Hello, Instead of buying new tires for my stock 18" wheels, I decided to switch to 16" wheels for comfort and cheaper tire prices. I'm wondering if anyone knows what PSI they should be kept at? Thanks!
  6. T

P2459 Issue

Thanks! Cleared code, drove almost 900 miles and no issue so far
  7. T

P2459 Issue

First CEL of owning and it's this code. I recently did a road trip with about 700+ pounds of stuff in the trunk/back seats and a bike rack on the hitch with two bikes and moved to DC. The only driving since unloading the car has been a max 20 minute drive in mostly urban stop and go. Heard the...
  8. T

B8 parts on B7

I think folks are talking about different things here. In the U.S., starting in 2012, the Passat was given the McDonalds treatment for the U.S. It got bigger and cheaper in quality and price and was built in Tennessee for the North American, Chinese and Middle Eastern marked. It is referred to...
  9. T

Where are the paint codes?

FWIW, 2016+ Passat bumper will look totally different and will not work with a 2015 unless you change the headlights, grille, bumper and fenders. Here's a link where you can see a side by side of the body differences between the 2015 and 2016+ Passats...
  10. T

IBW is 20!

Saw your car in 2010 on the way to Waterfest in Englishtown, NJ. The taillights threw me off because I had not seen the Euro style taillights at that time. Grabbed my DSLR and took a quick photo. Had no idea this was you until now, congrats on the milestone!
  11. T

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

The LasFit site had a promo for a few bucks off and free shipping. It was about 15 or so less than Amazon when I ordered the low beams a few weeks ago
  12. T

Help! Steering wheel shaking at 65-80 mph.

FWIW, my local Firestone did my tire replacement and alignment. I put on Pirelli P7's and the car still pulled slightly to the right as it did prior to the new tires/alignment, but just a little bit less. When they handed the car back to me they said they did not do all of the alignment because...
  13. T

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Thanks for your write up and review! I ordered the low beams for my 2015 and put them in yesterday. The only issue is getting a bulb out error on both lights everytime I turn on the car. The error goes away after switching the headlight from auto to ON or if I turn on the car in conditions that...
  14. T

2015 CVCA oil pan gasket leaking

The day after I got my Passat (CVCA ~73K miles at the time) I saw a little bit of oil on my driveway. I brought the car back to the dealer who said this is a common issue with dieselgate buy backs that sat around for a while. I just checked my records and it says: "CUSTOMER STATES OIL LEAKING...
  15. T

2015 passat push button start

I can confirm that it's the same procedure for cleaning it as the link above. But obviously, a different set of steps for gaining access to the console mounted start button. I did this recently as I was having the same issue and it was really satisfying to get the button to work like normal...
  16. T

Used 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI with 54 (54!) MILES

I think this really only has 54 miles or at least according to the speedo
  17. T

Used 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI with 54 (54!) MILES

Not mine nor am I affiliated but thoughts? Link says unavailable but if you click it, it works...
  18. T

Highway Hauler - 2014 Passat TDI SE

Nice photos! I used to live a few blocks away from the Red Ball Garage in Kips Bay. Awesome job on breaking the diesel cannonball run
  19. T

TDI “Slowly” Overheating

If your car and the identical Passat ran on the same loop and brought back the same #s, could it just be that the temp gauge itself is wonky? Is there something in VCDS that can calibrate it? I agree with folks that the temp gauge is a dummy gauge. My scan gauge tool in my MK4 TDI showed a...
  20. T

Oil leak

Good to know. I recently had oil consumption issues and it ended up being the oil sensor. The day after I had purchased the car an oil leak was caused by the oil pan gasket. I am starting to wonder if the buy back cars are being affected by seals/rubber issues due to them being parked sitting...