Search results

1. ryanp

Darkside developments - black friday sale!

BLACK FRIDAY SALE NOW ON!!! Receive 10% OFF all parts online* (No discount code needed) plus an EXTRA 10% OFF all in house fabricated parts, by using the Discount Code: BLACKFRIDAY This includes: Turbo Kits Tubular Manifolds Downpipes Intercoolers Pipe Kits Alloy Radiators as well as all listed...
  2. ryanp

Darkside Developments - Black Friday!

It's that time of year again... https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/black-friday/ You automatically receive 10% OFF all parts listed on www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk during the time period below. Plus an additional 10% OFF all in house fabricated products (Turbo Kits, Tubular Manifolds...
  3. ryanp

500hp+ Common Rail TDi - 9.7s 1/4 Mile @ 146mph - Aiming for 600hp, 9.49 @ 150mph+

VIDEO of 2 Runs SPEC LIST and PICS Some quick figures 0-60mph - 2.26s 0-100mph - 4.76s 1/2 Mile Top Speed - 164.031mph (30% Nitrous) I think the time with Zero Nitrous is also worth a mention - 10.4908s @ 130.27mph We still have plenty more work to do and have never had 100% NOS! We are on...
  4. ryanp

Common Rail Steel Pistons

Who wants them? Each one is 150g lighter!! and will take all the pain we can give them Looking like 2 months until we have the first sets in had, the custom rods are more than 10mm longer so the crank and block will have an easier time too. I have drawings and the first 2 prototype sets are...
  5. ryanp

Darkside developments - black friday sale!

THIS IS OVER FOR 2016 Its that time again... DON'T MISS OUR BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Receive 10% OFF all parts online* (No discount code needed) Plus an EXTRA 10% OFF the following using Discount Code: BLACKFRIDAY Turbo Kits Tubular Manifolds Downpipes Intercoolers Pipe Kits Powerflex Bushes Offer...
  6. ryanp

507hp TDi. 423hp without NOS, Anyone got any bigger numbers?

Just thought i would post a picture of our latest dyno graph: These figures are Brake Horse Power, our dyno is known to be a heartbreaker and from previous tests it looks like a Dynojet or Mustang would read about the same but at the wheels, not a dyno debate anyway... The turbo is a Borg...
  7. ryanp

FWD TDi - 10.8 second 1/4 mile at 141.1mph

FWD TDi - 10.1 second 1/4 mile at 148.8mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 510BHP This car was built over the last 4-5 weeks on an evening and weekends by our Fabricator Dan. Everything has been done in house exept for the head porting and block build. The Arosa was totally stock, faded with a blown petrol...
  8. ryanp

RYAN P's 6 speed 02M Conversions and ALL Euro TDI Parts

UPDATE FOR Christmas 2017 - CONVERSIONS ARE IN STOCK AS ALWAYS + LOTS of EURO Parts All prices quoted are in £ / GBP / British Pound and INCLUDE DHL EXPRESS SHIPPING to the USA and Canada. For estimated conversion rates, please check http://www.xe.com/. I have sold over 400 of these 6 Speed...
  9. ryanp

1.9 TDI 8V PD100 BRM 200BHP Top mount Turbo Upgrade

Hello, Thought i would share one of our new products with you guys: http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vw-caddy-1-9-tdi-8v-pd105-bls-brm-200bhp-turbo-upgrade.html This will be a bolt on upgrade for you guys with the BRM engines, I've fitted a few of these to Caddies with the...
  10. ryanp

1.9 8v PD with GTB1756vk - Dyno Printout

I know this information has not been easy to find as a lot of people have emailed asking if i have any dyno printouts to show them. Here is a dyno print from a customers car that was dropped off as a stock PD130, basically any 1.9/2.0 8v with PD150 injectors and a decent intercooler setup will...
  11. ryanp

Mk4 Golf TDi, 4-Motion Converted, Compound Turbo, The Usual!!!

Incase anyone has not Liked our Facebook (please do!!) I doubt you would have seen the latest project we have been cooking behind the scenes: http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/golf-mk4-1-9-8v-tdi-arl-4-motion/ Yes the Exhaust's exit through the hood!! haha We have a ported head...
  12. ryanp

Car Hire and Currency exchange - LAX or Newport Beech

Hello, Just thought i'd try to get some advice, we fly out on the 16th June so only 2 weeks away!! I'd like to hire a car BUT I'm only 22 so need a place that wont charge the earth for insurance, we are going to be at LAX airport and its a 50mile drive to my hotel so would like to get a car...
  13. ryanp

MAP sensor wiring extension

I've had a look around but not seen anything suitable, Does anyone know where i could get a short extension lead for the MAP wiring? Even part numbers for the plugs would help and I'll build them myself! Its for a pipework kit I'm making and the factory routing is just plain stupid...
  14. ryanp

153mph Darkside Volkswagen Jetta TDI - 146mph Standing Mile

Hi Guys, Managed to blag a few hours at an Airstrip, its mainly used for testing cars/bikes rather than planes, here is a mini feature: http://nosmokenopoke.com/153mph-volkswagen-jetta-tdi/ 153mph GPS was all the way aound on the 160mph Speedo!! It was crazy hot so the car seemed to...
  15. ryanp

Vacation Booked to Newport Beach, CA - Ideas and help required!!!!

Hi Guys, I've just booked a holiday to Newport Beach for 2 weeks, flying out on the 16th June so only 6 weeks away!! We are staying in the Fairmont Hotel. I'd just like to know what people would recommend we do while we are out there, open to any suggestions!! I'd like to hire a car, I'm...
  16. ryanp

230bhp+ Caddy 2k Van with a few choice mods!

You have all seen the Darkside Jetta. Thought it was about time I posted a topic about my other project. Its just about finished now, getting the stickers on today and drag racing on Sunday at Santa Pod, anything in the 14's will do me as its a heavy bugger!! Taking the Jetta too with a few...
  17. ryanp

287whp 2.0 TDI Jetta and still climbing...

I already have a full build thread here but figured the 'Power Enhancements' should be in here since not many people look at the Picture Gallery for power mods. The Engine is a European 2.0 16v TDI PD140 (BKD Code). We will start at the end We had the Jetta on Thor's Hub Dyno on Saturday...
  18. ryanp

Turbo Kit with EGR Port??

Hi Guys, Thought this would be the best place to post to get your opinions on something. As most of you will know, I produce GTB Turbo Kits for the 1.9/2.0 8v and 2.0 16v TDIs. At present these require the removal of the EGR System completely. This is not allowed in some US states and...
  19. ryanp

GROUP BUY- SouthBend SILENT TDI Solid Flywheel & Clutch Kits

Hi Guys, Darkside Developments are now SouthBend Clutch and Flywheel Dealers for the UK and Europe. Their products have been tried and tested for years in North America and they are now starting to break on to the European Scene. They saw Darkside Developments as the company to assist them in...