Search results

1. P

Time for e brake cables

It was definitely the cable. Had a ding in the bottom of the passenger side cable. I pulled the cable off to watch the caliper return just fine. Once I got the cable off it had a tight spot in it. Boot was torn in that side for a long while too. Surprised it lasted this long.
  2. P

Time for e brake cables

Got it in and done tonight. Used the flashlight like you suggested. I used some suspension seal grease on the end of the tube. Slipped right in. Thanks for your help.
  3. P

Time for e brake cables

There looks like there is a plastic cross cut tube up there. Is the rubber grommet at the end of it? Do I just line it up with that and push hard? Heat shield is in the way so flying in the dark.
  4. P

Time for e brake cables

Okay. Passenger side rubber snapped off in tube. I pulled the tube out so I can drill out the rubber. Now can’t seem to get the tube back into the hole up under e brake handle. Off to thanksgiving dinners. Any tips to get the tube back in? Tried fishing a weed wackier string down in, but...
  5. P

Time for e brake cables

Thanks for the replies gents.
  6. P

Time for e brake cables

Hey gents, Passenger parking brake cable on the mushroom (2004 bew golf) has started to hang up. Any preference of gemo over febi or febi over gemo for cable replacement. I think both are used as or suppliers. I like to keep her as German and original as possible. Also wanted to see if...
  7. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

At their request, they cleaned it all up, and put dye in the oil. Drive for 500 miles and return. TBH this car has been having oil accumulate in that passenger rear corner since I took delivery. I thought it was the sound deadening material under the oil pan at first since that likes to soak...
  8. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

***Update*** upper oil pan still leaking at same spot. This has been fixed twice now (allegedly). First time the dealer fixed it, it leaked worse than it did from the factory. This will be the third attempt. I just told the dealer they should check the upper pan to see if it is out of square...
  9. P

Upper oil pan leak

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/15-gsw-crua-oil-pan-gasket.523028/
  10. P

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Castrol edge 5w30 LL has been discontinued by Castrol according to the Castrol customer service department. New product rolling out is…. Castrol euro car 5w30K. It will carry the vw504/507 approval. I assume that’s why it’s out of stock most places.
  11. P

Whack-A-Mole headlights

one headlight is newer than the other. Just odd they both started acting up within a close time frame. so you guys are saying the conductor itself breaks? If and when this happens again. I’ll stick a meter in there and touch the lamp pin and see if it is getting 12v with the headlight switch on.
  12. P

Whack-A-Mole headlights

2004 golf…. So a few months ago, I noticed the passenger low beam was out. High beams both work. Figure, hey it’s probably the lamp. Pull it out. Lamp is good. Put it back in. Low beam works again. ???? fast forward a month or two. Drivers low beam does the exact same thing. Fix...
  13. P

Fuel flap fun

Thanks for confirming. I’ll pull the carpet and unplug.
  14. P

Fuel flap fun

That’s kinda what I was leaning towards. Locks only keep honest people out anyway…. Kinda silly to lock the fuel flapper. Is the plug accessible from outside the car? Path of least resistance is to probably pull the fuel door trim out and unplug there if the connection is there. Sounds...
  15. P

Fuel flap fun

Second time now I went to fill up and the fuel flap wouldn’t open. Went for a nice long ride and now the fuel flap will open. Seems like it may be ambient temperature related. Any experience here with the actuator for the lock going bad? Thinking about unplugging it so it doesn’t lock...
  16. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

got it. The transmission cover for the mechatronic unit is what has the wheeping action going on. Thanks again.
  17. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

16nm for the front trans cover then. Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated.
  18. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

Looks like the pump cover A is the side cover. Does the manual advise the front cover torque value. Says 8nm for pump cover A. Safe to assume the front cover would be the same as cover A?
  19. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

That’s what I figured. I’ll replace the seal when I drop the dsg fluid in the spring. Thanks for the replies. edit: any hints on the m unit front cover bolt torque value?
  20. P

2015 tdi golf oil leak

Question for you gentlemen. Does the dsg front cover have a tendency to wheep oil? Mine seems to be loosing just enough oil to produce evidence of a drip in the belly pan, and to have dust stuck on the trans. Is this typical? I don’t remember the my 2012 golf having any seepage at the dsg cover.