Search results

1. B

Feeler: 01 Golf in GA

I may be looking to offload my Golf. It has almost 580,000 miles on the body, 200,000 on the engine. The body is in generally good shape. Timing belt was done 20,000 miles ago. It is mechanically sound except for one thing. The bad: The transmission needs some work. It is a 5-speed but...
  2. B

New Tires for Golf

In the middle of purchasing a 2001 Golf that needs new tires. I have had Pirelli P7s on two previous VWs and loved them but the P7 isn't made in 15" sizes. Intrigued by the P4 but I'm not brand loyal when it comes to good tires. What is a good 15" all-season tire to run? Looking for a good...
  3. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

Finally something bigger than the touareg but sadly no diesel options... Starts arriving in the spring! http://www.vw.com/models/atlas
  4. B

Anyone in Lubbock?

I'm interested in purchasing this TDI. Allegedly priced low because of the hail damage. Can someone in the area check it out for me? Trying to avoid driving from Kansas just to find out something else isn't right. I'm cross-posting this into the South Central US area to get more eyes on it...
  5. B

Anyone in Lubbock?

I'm interested in purchasing this TDI. Allegedly priced low because of the hail damage. Can someone in the area check it out for me? Trying to avoid driving from Kansas just to find out something else isn't right. I'm cross-posting this into the MKIV thread to get more eyes on it...
  6. B

Towing Help!

Long story short, had a uhaul hitch installed on my 2012 Passat. When I pick up the car, the uhaul guy says they can't do the wiring harness and I have to take it to the dealer. Why it didn't throw a red flag when I booked it I'll never know but that's besides the case. Go to the dealer and...
  7. B

VW Polo

Living in the DC area, you get the chance to see all sorts of unique cars. Spotted this one this morning just outside the Pentagon. MK4 Polo with diplomatic plates and presumably 1.4L gasser.
  8. B

VCDS Question

Having trouble getting my 2012 Passat to "beep" back at me when I lock it. Also, the horn does not work when you press the panic button on the remote however the horn works when driving down the road. In Central Convenience, audible horn is checked in coding and it registers a bit of 1 in...
  9. B

FS: MKV Badgeless Grille - $50

It doesn't fit on my TDI Cup and frankly I don't want it on there. It is unpainted flat black and has two holes drilled for a license plate. Includes the notch filler. Only had it on my old Jetta for 3ish months before I sold it. Asking $50 plus shipping...
  10. B

2002 Jetta Auto Trans

A friend of mine came to me today asking about a used 2002 Jetta with 197,xxx miles on the clock with an automatic transmission. I don't know much about the autos but I do know they are not preferred when compared to the manuals. What exactly are the problems people experience with them and...
  11. B

Volvo has a plug-in diesel?

Anyone see this article? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/16/review_volvo_v60_plug_in_hybrid_4wd/ It won't be coming to the US (we'll get a gas version) but hopefully it does soon. Variable drives (FWD, RWD AND AWD), 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and the author observed 57mpg US. Sign...
  12. B

Honeymoon Road Trip!

Taking a road trip with my new wife starting today after gettin married on Saturday. We left Northern Virginia this morning headed to Washington state for a second reception and then off to see lots of sights as we drive back to Virginia! Check back for updates as we make our way across this...
  13. B

Year one in the books and I love it more every day!

One year ago today, I completed my conversion and took delivery on my first VW and looking back on the past year I couldn’t be happier. Traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee and went back into a manual transmission (which I missed dearly) and went from 18MPG averages to just more than 43. The car was a...
  14. B

Sheehy VW for service? Springfield, VA

I am currently working with Sheehy VW in Springfield, VA to have my fuel door replaced after someone broke it off at a service station. They have agreed to give me a loaner car because they need to take my car to the paint shop in Fairfax to match up the pin striping. I'm coming close to 60k...