Search results

1. F

Beetle belly pan - Picture

I have the OEM off my 2000 Beetle still floating around somewhere (upgraded to a Panzer Plate). I imagine shipping is a bear. I'm in east central Iowa...you?
  2. F

TDI Town & Country

Nice! Glad to hear of the update. Keep the updates coming.
  3. F

FS KY Clutch Stage 3 Puck [SOLD]

Thanks, ecala001. Sounds like it should fit my 2000 Beetle. I'll confirm and LYK. Does it come with any hardware? Throwout bearing? Alignment tool?
  4. F

FS KY Clutch Stage 3 Puck [SOLD]

What year(s) does this fit? The description says Stage 3 Puck, but sounds like this is the complete kit (puck, flywheel, throw out bearing, pressure plate)?
  5. F

FS: AHU complete engine/swap, VNT 17/22, Malone Stage 5, R520s, Trans, Wavetrac, D24

Are the Race 520's Stage 1 or Stage 2? (Difference is number of holes: Stage 2 = 7 holes)
  6. F

FS: DLC 764 nozzles, ALH

Please Answer Previous Questions I'm interested in the same questions as racerxtdi. Please respond.
  7. F

Crank seal replacement

FYI - just doing a TB on my Buddy's TDI - he ordered a crank seal from Rock Auto and it came the wrong size. So I search the TDI forum and sure enough...we're not alone. Hallowhead's comments above are exactly what we found as well. After searching the Google for details, I discovered this -...
  8. F

New and genuine Bosch DSLA150P764 .216 nozzles

Still got these nozzles? What Country/State are you in?
  9. F

TDI Town & Country

Yep - the Dakota Digital is the box I was looking at. Sounds like it's just what I need. So unless someone buys Frankenvan real soon <ahem> I may just get to that. It's THE last sub-system to bring online (tachometer) and that would just button this project up nicely. Motohead1 - where did you...
  10. 20170620_195025

20170620_195025

11. 20170620_200759

20170620_200759

12. F

TDI Town & Country

I did consider a low-temp cut-out. That wouldn't solve the problem of needing a low-pressure cut-out, which I think is more critical. Which is why I'm veering more towards a tach interface to see if I can get the Chrysler HVAC to take control properly. Good suggestion though!
  13. F

TDI Town & Country

Got the AC working today. :cool: Could not get the Chrysler HVAC controller to engage the AC clutch. I suspect it's because the system thinks the engine isn't running (lack of tach signal). So I installed a manual switch on the dash. The switch feeds a signal to the VW fan controller which then...
  14. F

FS: 1998 Town & Country TDI Conversion in Iowa

Got the AC working today. Better hurry up and buy it before I decide to keep it. Outside temp was 81*F. Cold air coming out at around 45*F.
  15. AC Works - here's proof!

AC Works - here's proof!

Got the AC working today.
  16. F

$3,500. PM me for pictures/details/questions. Small updates - oil pressure gauge functional now w/no leaks. Tires are General brand, not Douglas as referenced above. Hurry up and buy this van before I destroy the tires from all the burnouts I am doing (just kidding!) Brand new clutch master...
  17. F

I'm selling my ever-famous 1998 Chrysler Town & Country, aka "Frankendiesel" minivan. I started this project back in 2008 and it has been a great project. My time is valuable and I need to divert it to my family, so my project needs to move on to a new owner who will give it the attention it...
  18. F

Tell Us About Your Running Swaps: Mileage Racked Up,Impressions,Things You Would....

Diesel Town & Country Mileage since swap: ~30k Started driving: June 2008 Best mileage: 40mpg mixed driving (it doesn't like interstate speeds all that much) Impressions: It's been a fun learning experience. This van definitely is a conversation piece. Some parts of me regret doing it - it...