Search results

1. M

Kumho eco Solus HM KR22

My last tank full I averaged 54.25mpg. Running 38psi.
  2. M

Where to start

I cleaned the battery posts a week ago. No problems since.
  3. M

Where to start

Sounds like a good first check. Thanks
  4. M

Where to start

Today my 2001 Jetta acted like it had a complete dead battery. I turned the key and then nothing. I pulled the key out reinsertted it and turned the key and it started normal. I had to turn my radio on (I never turn it off), but my presets were still there. I had to press one to get the radio...
  5. M

Runaway/Anti-Shudder Valve

I replaced the turbo, So far so good!
  6. M

Can a bad MAF effect MPG?

Use Tire calculator @ http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp to see what your tire difference is. My tires on Jetta were 205/55-16s and I replaced my tires with 205/60-16. New tire has a greater diameter by 3.16%. Odometer and mileage will be off by 3.16%. If your new tire size is a...
  7. M

Can a bad MAF effect MPG?

When I got my car it had a bad MAF. I got in the High 49s with the bad MAF. With a new MAF I got increased power and slightly better MPGs. When I started driving better (taking off without gunning the engine) I got into the 50s easy. I could make the 800 mile club at will. I also noticed that my...
  8. M

Most fuel efficient tdi?

I had a 98 Jetta TDI and I now have a 2001 Jetta. My 2001 Jetta gets better fuel mileage whether its the body style, engine, or I'm drive more fuelish now I don't know. I regurlarly get in the 50s now were I strugled to get close to 50 in my 98. In my opinion they are both great cars.
  9. M

March 2011 Mileage Thread

Driver: MicroRacer Miles: 531.8 Gallons: 10.00 Model Year: 2001 Model: Jetta GLS TDI Tranny: 5M Fuel B50 Biodiesel Homebrew - Winterized
  10. M

Kumho eco Solus HM KR22

I put a lot of miles this week on my Jetta this week. I averaged 53.2 mpg. I really expected my mileage to be lower because for at least 150 miles I was going 75mph. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am running B50, but I've really never found any fuel mileage loss due to B50.
  11. M

Kumho eco Solus HM KR22

I thought I would give my first report on these tires. First off the tires I had on were 205/55R16 Michelin Destiny'sThey were completely wore out. The best fuel mileage I got on these tires was 54.6mpg.(@40psi). I wanted a high mileage tire with resonable fuel mileage. I read good reviews on...
  12. M

A3 Wiring Harness Removal

I finally got the wiring harness out. I located a connector for that last group of wires and presto the wiring harness was out. Thanks to everybody for their help.
  13. M

I am only trying to get the wiring out that goes through the firewall.
  14. M

I thought it might be the passenger air bag. I can move the bottom of the dash, but its still connected at the top somewhere. Bill
  15. M

I have one small group of wires that is giving me problems. It takes a turn immediately and goes accross the front of the car underneath the dash. I have remove the dash bolts at the bottom, but I can't figure out what is holding the top in. I'm surprised there isn't a plug on this small group...
  16. M

That's what I was thinking, but after I got the connectors loose, I thought it looked impossible. Now that I know it's possible I'll give it another shot. Thanks,
  17. M

I'm stuck trying to remove the wiring harness from my 1998 Jetta.I have the engine completely removed and I have been carefull to remove all the wiring from the engine. I'm stuck now at he point where the wiring enters the interior. I see no way of getting the wiring either direction through the...
  18. Breather_Tube1

Breather_Tube1

19. M

WTB A3 Oil Filter housing/Mount

I need a oil filter mount for a A3 1998 Jetta TDI. This is the housing that connects to the engine.
  20. M

Runaway/Anti-Shudder Valve

I have a 2001 Jetta TDI . I experienced a engine runaway condition last week. Turning off the key shut down the engine in my case. The engine reved during a shift and I didn't complete the shift. The engine ran away: I pulled over to the side of the road and turned the key off and the engine...