Search results

1. Vince Waldon

A new one for me: bottom of Frostheater rubbed thru power steering line

The corner of the plastic battery tray where the Frostheater hangs sagged a little bit over time, causing the lower mounting prongs cast into the bottom of the Frostheater housing to rub rub rub against the upper part of the power steering line: (pic from Frostheater.com to show the prongs)...
  2. Vince Waldon

BEW tandem pump fuel pressure readings

Hi folks... trying to track down a very intermittant extending cranking (30+ seconds, sometimes over night, sometimes only a couple minutes after shutoff) and as the process of elimination is pointing to a fuel delivery issue I've a pressure gauge hooked up to the tandem pump test port for some...
  3. Vince Waldon

looking for BHW ECU pin-out diagram (MAF pins)

Helping my bro track down a tricky problem with his Passat and would like to confirm the wiring between the MAF and the ECU is OK. No luck searching here or via Google. TIA!
  4. Vince Waldon

blah

blah blah blah
  5. Vince Waldon

blah

blah blah blah blah
  6. Vince Waldon

Anyone found a non VDS-Pro / serial port dongle way to talk to the CCM?

Lugging a double-bass around all day the default rear hatch behaviour on my 2006 Jetta Wagen is really starting to wear thin. Would like to re-code the CCM so that the hatch unlocks the same way the rest of the doors unlock. The two approaches seem to be: 1) run a jumper with diode between...
  7. Vince Waldon

Anyone found an "IGNORE FORUM" the rest of us can use?! :)

Have searched thru the Help and also various vBulletin resources and it seems that such a function does exist on some vBulletin deployments but it's patch-level dependent. The work around is to first go into Emissions, mark everything as read, and then hit the new posts button... but that's...
  8. Vince Waldon

strange Tapatalk android/TDIClub behaviour

I use Tapatalk on two Android machines and two IOS machines to access TDIClub. On the IOS machines Tapatalk works fine... retrieves the average 200+ new posts I find when I sign on, lets me scroll thru them (many screens if needed), reply, etc. On the Android machines Tapatalk only seems to be...
  9. Vince Waldon

couple Q's for owners of Eonon head units

Just picked up a 2006 JSW with original cassette-playing double-DIN head unit... and I'm delighted... since now I have an excuse to upgrade! I'm not a big radio or CD/DVD guy... in general I listen to an iPod full of MP3s plumbed thru the deck. iPods are getting harder to find and tend to...
  10. Vince Waldon

couple Q's for owners of Eonon GA5153F

Just picked up a 2006 JSW with original cassette-playing double-DIN head unit... and I'm delighted... since now I have an excuse to upgrade! I'm not a big radio or CD/DVD guy... in general I listen to an iPod full of MP3s plumbed thru the deck. iPods are getting harder to find and tend to...
  11. Vince Waldon

Anyone found a good 1-DIN Android car stereo?

My JVC-driving-an-iPod car stereo is starting to misbehave... good excuse to think about an upgrade. :):) I only listen to MP3s these days, so don't need anything with a disk drive. There's lots of 2 DIN Android stereos, and some 1 DIN with pop-out screens, but my Scangauge sits above my...
  12. Vince Waldon

anyone have the correct part number, VNT-15, oil union seal?

All the various parts catalogs I've checked list call it a "bracket" and don't give it an "N" number, which is typical of general purpose seals, etc. Part #3 (037 253 047) here...
  13. Vince Waldon

Everything's great!!

Yup.. no problems whatsoever. Both my 2001 TDIs continue to deliver excellent fuel economy and are a ton of fun to drive. Emergency brakes cables and rear calipers are fine. Timing belts and rollers and tensioners and water pumps... all fine. Puddle lights are fine. Remote door locks have...
  14. Vince Waldon

2001 Jetta key matching "issue" in VCDS

Hi all... searching/reading about 100 threads didn't turn this up, so thought I'd ask. 2001 Jetta... have SKC, attempting to add an additional key via VCDS. Following these VCDS instructions: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_II_Key_Matching_%28Cluster%29 It appears to...
  15. Vince Waldon

Hate those silly grommets that hold the splash panels on?

It's one of the parts of a timing belt job I grumble about... getting mud in my eyes while using a long screwdriver to painstakingly unscrew the tin-fingered grommets that hold the splash panels to the frame (sucka on the left): Turns out the N 907 088 02 speed nut (on the right) threads...
  16. Vince Waldon

Anyone ever sourced the McNally boost/EGT connector?

Bought a second-hand gauge and the wires are sheared off on the pins on the back of the wiring connector that plugs into the gauge... so I'd like to get a new connector housing. McNally will sell additional pins but don't list the housing, and 4 separate emails to them have gone unanswered.
  17. Vince Waldon

No sealant when reinstalling the oil squirters... really?

Re-assembling my first ALH block and found a reference in the Bentley that says the oil squirters go back on without sealant... assuming I'm reading it right. This is a change from the last block I built up (an AAZ) and these are pretty important little devices that can cost a lot of oil...
  18. Vince Waldon

WTB: MK4 Jetta A/C hose from compressor to evaporator coils

2001 TDI Jetta, Hose #4: P/N 1J0 820 721 T, supercedes to 1J0 820 721 CA Shipping would be to Edmonton Alberta Canada T6H 1E2 thanks for looking!! Vince
  19. Vince Waldon

'Tis a good idea to check your injectors every once in a while

Car has 340K km (210K miles) on the original injectors, according to the PO. Turbo went bang and bent some rods... occasioning me to pull the head. First sign of trouble was the glow plug I pulled to do a compression test... I'll post a picture when I can find the little rotter...but it...
  20. Vince Waldon

WTB: VNT-15 turbo

Prefer low miles, recently rebuilt etc... shipping would be to Edmonton Alberta Canada... thanks! Vince