Search results

1. E

WTB MK4 front lower seat cushion

Needing a lower seat cushion for the driver's seat. Can't seem to locate any locally in decent shape.
  2. E

Master Cylinder I think.....

I have had issues recently where my clutch pedal has no resistance, sinks to the floor and cannot get it into gear. Sometimes it comes back after a few minutes. Brakes seem fine and the clutch isn't slipping at all. Fluid level is fine and I can't find find any leaks. I'm thinking it's the...
  3. E

Peculiar Driver's Door Issue

Ok. After my car has been sitting locked overnight and I unlock the doors, I cannot open the driver's side door from the outside. I have to open it from the inside. Once I do I can lock and unlock it and I can open it from the from the outside. Let it sit a while and it won't open from the...
  4. E

Speaker Replacement help

Decided to replace the woofers in my Golf due to age. Wasn't planning to do anything with the tweeters. Now I'm a bit confused. There are four wires leading into the existing speaker. Black White Red and Green Brown and Green I'm assuming the ones with green are my speaker inputs. Can...
  5. E

Seat Question

I have a 2003 2 door Golf with cloth seats. They are really in pretty good shape. I have no complaints. Yesterday I was at the pick a part and run across a 2001 Jetta with near perfect leather seats. I know the seats are different in the golf with being able to access the back. I just can't...
  6. E

WTB Metalnerd tools

Timing Belt tools for an ALH engine
  7. E

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

I need to replace my Timing Belt in the near future in my 2003 Golf TDI. I got it a couple years ago and the timing belt only has 30k miles on it. Got to looking at the original owners receipts and was a little shocked when I read the date for the change. 2/17/2014!! I knew it would be high...
  8. E

04 Jetta

I just happened to run across this... Certainly don't know the owner or the car. Just thought it might be of interest to someone. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/hillsborough-vw-jetta-tdi-04-19l/7393601573.html EDIT: I probably should have posted this elsewhere.... Sorry about that
  9. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Thinking about putting a Roof Basket on my Golf. Hoping to find an OEM Roof Rack.
  10. E

Is this the Slave Cylinder?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2003 Golf with a 5 speed. Last Summer I had an issue when I was driving that I had next to no clutch petal and couldn't get it in gear. I pulled over, turned it off, put it in gear and was able to restart it. Shifting was hard and...
  11. E

Is it my Alternator?

I have been chasing a battery drain on my 2003 Golf TDI. The only drain I can seem to find is 0.7 mV across fuse S177, which if I calculated correctly is around a 2 amp draw. I did a diode test on the alternator and it shows there isn't a diode problem. However, if I disconnect the power cable...
  12. E

Help with fuse location

Good Morning, I picked up a 06' Jetta TDI just recently. The rear defroster is not working. I thought I would start with checking the fuse. From the information or misinformation that I have found the fuse for the rear window defroster is in slot 25. Can anyone confirm that? My slot 25 is...
  13. E

Hesitation after Initial Start

Hello All, I recently purchased an 06 Jetta TDI with a 5 speed. This is my first experience with a diesel of any kind. In the last couple of days I have noticed a hesitation on the initial acceleration in first gear. It bogs down and then after letting up on the accelerator and then pressing...