Search results

1. d2freeman

'15 Passat TDI - Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement Cost

These guys are in Laredo TX. I have ordered many parts from them, great prices and service. https://www.vwdirectautoparts.com/
  2. d2freeman

Finally ran out of luck @ 392k miles

The adjuster estimate was 6k+ to repair. Just waiting for their offer to come back to decide how to proceed.
  3. d2freeman

Nope but somebody did as he was MIA that afternoon when I came back fro work.
  4. d2freeman

78 Trans Am that started as a 5 year project 15 years ago...
  5. 1024221458b.jpg

1024221458b.jpg

Deer
  6. d2freeman

Yep, in the 11 years I have been driving this route, so far I have hit a raccoon, 2 cats (hit both at the same time, chasing each other down the side of the road and all the sudden decided to cross in front of me), a 5 gal plastic bucket, chuck of concrete, pothole (broke 2 rims/tires) and a...
  7. d2freeman

I am asking the insurance adjuster to come to my home to look at the car, so maybe we can make a deal and get it back on the road. Best car I have ever had and it is easily fixed, just the parts total will probably exceed their estimated value of the car.
  8. d2freeman

Been driving the same route for the last 12 years, pretty much see a deer or 2 every morning, Friday @ 3am and 2 miles from home a deer comes straight across the road right in front me, first I saw of him, he was directly in front the car a foot away. slammed on the brakes and plowed into him...
  9. d2freeman

Is G12 replaced with G13?

what is the part number of the G12 in the black jug?
  10. d2freeman

What a nightmare!..Oil in coolant again!..any ideas why?

I have been running Pentofrost SF since my heater core clogged back at 100k miles, now close to 400k miles and not a single issue since.
  11. d2freeman

2013 Passat TDI DSG DMF question.

Correct the DMF126 is what I used and it worked perfect, no issues and it has now been close to 40k miles. Comes with the pilot bearing but you will need to order the bolts.
  12. d2freeman

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just rolled over 386k miles this morning
  13. d2freeman

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just did my 380k service last weekend, closer to 381k now.
  14. d2freeman

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

I bought an entire engine harness for $80 on Ebay when VW wanted $42 for a 1 foot piece of wire.
  15. d2freeman

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

You do not need any tool for the cam seal, I pulled mine out with a small hooked pick, took less than a minute. Here is the pick set I used , $2 at Harbor Freight. https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-pick-and-hook-set-63697.html
  16. d2freeman

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

IDparts says they do not have bushings for an NMS Passat so I say they are for the older Passats not ours.
  17. d2freeman

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

I have never been able to find anyone who sells the front sway bar bushings, seems they are not available, even from VW.
  18. d2freeman

Easy Coolant Flush

I switched mine to G12+ right after my heater core clogged, not a single issue since, I use Pentofrost SF.
  19. d2freeman

B7 TDI starts but won't stay running

Exactly, would not be the first time they filled the gas station with the wrong fuel.