turtle133
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Weekend projects!
    Polishing the headlights now was dumb (im doing a retrofit including lenses soon) but satisfying
    Omg, if u plan on redoing ur headliner, get ready 2 rage at some point every step.
    I broke the board 4x removing it & had to mend it.
    Also sewed console thing & shade covers, more time consuming than frustrating. but turned out so good!
    turtle133
    turtle133
    I still gotta make all my trim and plastic stuff black to match. My shifter/handbrake boots are black velvet, now headliner and stuff too, and upholstery soon.
    Since the trim is all ABS I'll use SEM sand free and color coat for that, and vinyl adhesion promoter+color coat for the pleather stuff.
    Then on to carpet and upholstery!! it's exciting to see the all-black interior dream slowly happening irl
    turtle133
    turtle133
    P.S. a few things of note
    • the $17 spray contact cement is trash for headliner repair, I made it work, but pls buy specialized glue if you're doing it
    • you gotta melt the solder and take out the wires for the vanity lights in the sun shades if you're putting new covers on them so you can take out that piece, also the little sliding clips are super fiddly so u gotta be very careful
    turtle133
    turtle133
    • taking the column trims out of a passat is freakin. horrible. Now that I've done it once and understand how it works I'm not so aprehensive about having to do that again but JEEZ. if you're gonna attempt it soon and see this hmu and I will explain in detail cuz there's no way to understand it by messing around, you will 100% break every piece lol
    Overwhelmed af by my commitment to reupholstering all seats and stuff, recarpeting, repainting all my gross interior trim, and redoing the headliner but omfg is all-black velvet interior gonna be sexy 😩
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…