Burpod Tuning

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I am creating this thread for myself and others to review a TDI enthusiast who has been tuning cars to do what the TDI life is all about. Performance, longevity, and economy. This is of course Burpod. Below I will share my experience and findings with the tuning he has done on my 01 ALH. Hopefully others of you who have had him do tuning for your vehicles can share what your experiences have been as well.

My car: I drive a 01 beetle ALH with a manual transmission. Currently I have the stock 10mm pump, Bosio PP520’s (.205), and a South Bend stg2 daily.

My Malone stage 3 tune: I drove this tune for a few years, and I liked it. It was fun, faster than stock, and smoked if I wanted it to 😉. While it was fun, I never got a tank over 550mi all the way to the end of the red (empty) on the bug gauge (maybe 560mi a time or two). I also couldn’t seem to get over 120mi per quarter tank on the gauge even when I tried. I will state that I never contacted Malone about this or anything, so this is just purely observation. Nothing against him and not trash talking him. I liked the tune while I had it installed.

My Experience: I first started talking with Burpod when I had an electrical issue that was causing my car alarm to set off which I ended up getting figured out. While talking with him about my car’s issue he mentioned that he could delete the IMMO and also tune it if I was interested. I initially declined as I already had a tune on the car that I liked, and I was just in an accident so I was still fixing the car and putting more money into it as it was. I also thought Yea there are people out there who “tune tdi’s” and they don’t necessarily know what they are doing or at least know what they are doing well. So not really knowing If I trusted a guy I just started talking to on the internet ( 😄 ) I decided to wait and play it safe since my car’s tune had been working fine. I kept talking with him to see what exactly he did for tuning and after talking over a few days/week I started considering what he might have in store for my car. A few weeks later I was convinced to give it a try and had an Mpps cable on the way. He started off safely with the first tune he had me try. Things were dialed back and felt a bit more powerful than stock, but not as powerful as my other tune. Over the next few days I made some more log’s, and he kept sending revisions, with each being better than the last. A few logs and some revisions later and he sent me the ONE! He told me to give it a go and see how it compared to the tune that I had when we first started talking. I started the car up and drove out to the highway. As the Light turned green I rolled into first and soon as I hit 2nd I let it fly. I looked behind me and saw no smoke, I looked in front of me and saw I was already doing 75mph. I decided to race against my friends lowered 94 (96? I forget) chevy 1500. It’s a single cab 2wd with a 350 that has a slight cam and is “slightly tuned”. Regardless I stuck beside him till we hit about 65 then he pulled away decently quick. It was good enough for me and honestly I was slightly surprised I had done as well as I did considering that all I have is pp520’s and a tune. So far my mileage has been good. I have gotten several tanks around 45mpg with lots of pulls while playing around and testing different revisions. On one of that tanks that I drove nice-er for I got close to 50mpg, but I did also made some pulls and have a failing front wheel bearing. I also have a wind fairing and bars on top of the car which I’m sure kills 1-2mpg.

Burpod Tuning: First off I want to say that the work that Burpod has done for me has been nothing less than fantastic. The amount of time and energy this guy puts into his work has been amazing and is truly what you wish all customer service could be like. He is very up front, honest, and timely. In fact, I don’t think I have ever messaged him and not heard back within 30 min or so. He even walked me through unbricking my ECU after I somehow managed to lock myself out and was faced with a no start situation.

My car drives like never before. While I liked my other tune previously this one is more responsive to throttle position and cruises very well at a wide rpm range. If I’m gentle I can drive anywhere from 50-70 using about 10-15mg/stroke. At wide open throttle it’s enough speed to pass any traffic with ease and hold its own against most stock powered traffic. The power is smooth and doesn’t drop off or end before it should. With my set up I have no problem pulling to 4k+ without smoke (Probably higher, but I don’t really hit those rpm’s). Driving in adverse weather conditions is also not a hurdle. It’s like driving any other vehicle and I haven’t had any problems getting traction in rain or snowy conditions. If I punch it in a low gear heck ya it’ll spin because I asked it to and any car would that has an open diff, but if driven without asking for full throttle it will drive like any other car. I haven’t had traction issues that would be considered a tune issue and have not felt like I wasn’t in control of the car or like I was going to lose traction if I tried moving any faster than a crawl. With my set up I regularly give it 100% or so throttle in rainy conditions and have no issues making a full pull with no slippage. Driving around parking lots and in smaller areas is no issue either. The car feels stock when driving around slowly and you wouldn’t know the difference unless you asked it to show you. I never had a problem with this but know others have had problems in the past with other tuning modalities.

How Is this tuning any different? With Burpods tuning the ecu is programmed to your specific car. For those of you who know a bit about how tuning works you understand that this is the best way to get the most performance out of the car and have it dialed in well. This is because several revisions are done to the tune that allows for edits to be made, and performance to be correctly dialed in to achieve the best performance for your specific set up. This holds just as true in the diesel world as it does the gas world.

There are many factors that go into tuning each car specifically, and some of that I don’t fully comprehend at this time. I will discuss a few of them here to hopefully shed some light on a few key area’s. As previously stated, completing several revisions will allow for changes to be made to the tuning allowing the car to run as optimally as possible. Another thing that differs from other loadable tunes is the level of boost control that these tunes run. These tunes run actual boost very close/exact to requested boost depending on what is being asked of the car at that moment. In other words when requested boost calls for 1700mbar actual boost is spot on or very close to 1700mbar. In Burpods tunes boost is very controlled with minimal or no boost spikes, even when under high load/low rpm situations like in 4/5th gear. This is something that is a noticeable difference when compared to a lot of other name brand loadable tunes. He also minimizes the lag between quick shifts which is really nice 😉.

One large area that is worth mentioning is that his tunes don’t use extra fueling to get more power. This is a large misconception one that I misunderstood when I first started talking with Burpod. I kind of assumed to a certain degree that I either needed to get more air or more fuel to make more power but that isn’t exactly the case. From what I have learned the fueling maps he creates are specific to each pump/nozzle combination matched with optimal injection timing to get the desired results. His tunes also delete the MAF sensor. Air flow can be monitored by reading boost map data so having this sensor isn’t essential. More so if the EGR is deleted as it also works to control that. One last area that really stands out is that his tuning has a lot less advance than a lot of other tunes. You would think that it would feel a lot more weak/less powerful right? I was surprised but that was actually not the case for me. The car has plenty of power. Something he has mentioned to me is that in his opinion “the timing maps of most other tunes have far too much advance in most areas which reduces torque and also harmful to the engines health”.

IQ numbers: When my car says that I’m putting out 50mg/stroke I know that it’s actually putting 50mg/stroke or at least very close to that number. Again because with custom tuning he is getting it dialed in as accurate as possible. On other tunes you can be limited from 0-50mg/stroke, but depending on pump/nozzles/in tank pump it may not actually be near 50mg even though the computer thinks that what the output is. An example of this is doing a 10mm -11mm pump swap. After installing the 11mm pump the car will give more power because it is actually fueling more then the ecu thinks. Ecu hypothetically says 30mg/stroke at x rpm, but because you have an 11mm pump now and have better flow your actually getting about 35mg/stroke at x rpm because the ecu isn’t taking into account that you have a 11mm pump. By controlling the output it allows the tuner to request more fuel when needed, and limit fuel when it isn’t so that smoke/excess EGT’s won’t be a problem.

Lastly I want to mention the amount of work and teaching that Burpod puts into not only his tunes but also his customers. He is super willing to teach and explain why he does exactly what he does. He is also very willing to walk you through things and make sure that you are happy with your vehicle’s performance. He is all about making sure these vehicles live up to their name and is what this site is all about. Performance, Longevity, and Economy.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
Look at my threads to see major issues with my car and even then a pod tune while tuning against issues to keep this junk beetle running ran BETTER BASE. That will give you an idea of how burpod can even polish turds to an extent.

ghohouston

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 Speed
I am definitely happy with his tuning. Never ran any other tuner on a tdi, but have on Powerstroke diesels. He is definitely good at what he does. Very good clean running tunes.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I'm just sad because I haven't gotten to experience his tunes yet... I don't have any alh cars and haven't for a while, but hope to be able to later on. Or maybe he will start tuning BHWs. 😃
We appreciate him though!

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Dude. Malone? My TDI was ****. Few hours of pod base tune even with major issues on my car it ran better.

Yeah. Pod is EDC15 LEGEND
i am curious, was your malone tune an instant tune or did you work with them on a custom one?

i am currently in the middle of a custom stage 4 tune with my CJAA, in the beginning it was rough because my turbo actuator isnt exactly within spec, but it is 95% ironed out now and it drives really nicely

not trying to discredit anyone's experiences, or any one tuners work, just curious about all experiences

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
i am curious, was your malone tune an instant tune or did you work with them on a custom one?

i am currently in the middle of a custom stage 4 tune with my CJAA, in the beginning it was rough because my turbo actuator isnt exactly within spec, but it is 95% ironed out now and it drives really nicely

not trying to discredit anyone's experiences, or any one tuners work, just curious about all experiences
I will say no more than there's tables Malone doesn't know pod does and POD uses real IQ math.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

Maybe talk with @adjat84th. I know he was having some tune issues then went another route. Last I heard it was going pretty good. I don't know much other then that.

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
I'm not a vw guy, I'm a diesel guy. Been around heavy duty and performance diesels for many years. By long and far my experience with @burpod has been my best tuning experience. We're currently working on my 01 alh. .230 injectors, 11mm pump, 1852 turbo, 3bar map, egr delete, pd 150 intake, godspeed smic.
Every revision has lead to better and better results. Several small issues have popped up and burpod has been very helpful in getting them sorted out. Being used to mechanical engines, and being my first electronic vw diesel, he's been more then accommodating with my questions and concerns. Always gets back to me quickly. It's been a fantastic experience and I'd reccomend him to anyone.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
I am still planning on working with him to tune my 2000 Jetta.
I got the MPPS V18.
I was trying to do a read of the ecu with it but the battery voltage was too low.
So I used the Rabbit to jump it while I was attempting my read.

Now when I try to do the ECU ID before I start to read,
it says ECU not found.

Wondering what ECU am I supposed to pick in the left column?
EDC16 UI K-line/CAN?

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
I got the MPPS V18.
I was trying to do a read of the ecu with it but the battery voltage was too low.

it says ECU not found.

EDC16 UI K-line/CAN?
connect vcds and look for the ecu number. it may well be that you don't have an EDC15 yet, but an old MSA15.5. It cannot be read/written via OBD.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
and in general I'm pleased that you over there over the big pond finally noticed that there are quality differences in the tuning-software versions. and your 2 "big" tuners were not among them. since glad the burpod has understood how an EDC15 works and can deliver quality. Anyone who doesn't have their car made by him in the future is their own fault.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I got the MPPS V18.

it says ECU not found.

EDC16 UI K-line/CAN?
I will try and make some video's that may help.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
thanks for all the kind words guys!! i will post something more detailed at some point but just wanted to say a few things quickly. it has not been easy, a VAST amount of time has been put into this over the last couple years - divorce-worthy. home renovations have been languishing, stress in the marriage, "lost wages" due to the ridiculous amount of time i've spent on this (working at burger king with a 1hr commute each way would have been far more financially lucrative), don't spend quite as much time as i should with my kids, speeding tickets, burned up tires and fuel, driving myself crazy going in circles over and over in my brain, nightmares about injection timing and fuel quantities, ending up on wild goose chases thinking i'm on the right track only to do an about-face and go in a completely different direction, etc... in the end, it's really all pretty simple. but finding that simplicity and the right numbers and understanding how to interpret all the various log data has been tricky to say the least, far more complicated than i initially imagined it would be.

i truly appreciate everyone who's "taken a chance" on me and who has had the patience to take countless logs, give feedback/suggestions, throw out ideas as i have worked through figuring out details, making sense of it all and finding the right numbers - lots of time spent on communication going over results. it's a learning experience for all. i call it a tuning adventure :D to an extent, i think most people have gained valuable understanding of their tdi and grown to have a new appreciation of it. i know i certainly have, and that would be an understatement.... but that's something i love about these things. i love driving my tdi and knowing exactly what it's doing at all times, and that's doing so with utmost efficiency. and of course having gobs of smoke-free torque if i so desire :)

so it's a continual learning process - nothing is set in stone. i'm constantly testing, re-testing, re-examining, self-doubting, second-guessing. analyzing results. although by now, i feel i've got a pretty solid handle on it but i know things still can be better. but if anyone has gotten the impression that i think i'm perfect or some sort of godsend to tdi's and tuning, then i'm sorry you've misunderstood me - nothing could be farther from the truth. i'm really just a tdi enthusiast who loves these engines and want to see them truly live up to their potential. i've gone too far to turn back now.... :D but the bottom line is, to a degree, it's a collective effort, not something i could do on my own given the time/resources i have. so for that i'm truly grateful. thank you!

- and aside from thanking everyone who i've worked with, i would like to give huge thanks to @tdi_my live and @arazvan2002 for all their help they freely offered when i was first trying to figure out the basics and very confused :)

Last edited:

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
connect vcds and look for the ecu number. it may well be that you don't have an EDC15 yet, but an old MSA15.5. It cannot be read/written via OBD.
He had me check in VCDS to see if it was one that could be programmed.
" in engine module, look at the software version and tell me what it is. should be a number like 038906012BD. "
Mine is a BD ecu so that's not the problem.

You guys keep mentioning EDC15.
In the left column on MPPS I'm picking:
EDC16 UI K-line/CAN, because I read that k-line is earlier and a 2000 uses CAN.
Am I selecting the right vehicle ECU?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope you want edc15 k-line. The diesel version one not the gas one. Also make sure the key is turned forward.

I can make some videos, but won't be able to till sunday or monday

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I am creating this thread for myself and others to review a TDI enthusiast who has been tuning cars to do what the TDI life is all about. Performance, longevity, and economy. This is of course Burpod. Below I will share my experience and findings with the tuning he has done on my 01 ALH. Hopefully others of you who have had him do tuning for your vehicles can share what your experiences have been as well.

My car: I drive a 01 beetle ALH with a manual transmission. Currently I have the stock 10mm pump, Bosio PP520’s (.205), and a South Bend stg2 daily.

My Malone stage 3 tune: I drove this tune for a few years, and I liked it. It was fun, faster than stock, and smoked if I wanted it to 😉. While it was fun, I never got a tank over 550mi all the way to the end of the red (empty) on the bug gauge (maybe 560mi a time or two). I also couldn’t seem to get over 120mi per quarter tank on the gauge even when I tried. I will state that I never contacted Malone about this or anything, so this is just purely observation. Nothing against him and not trash talking him. I liked the tune while I had it installed.

My Experience: I first started talking with Burpod when I had an electrical issue that was causing my car alarm to set off which I ended up getting figured out. While talking with him about my car’s issue he mentioned that he could delete the IMMO and also tune it if I was interested. I initially declined as I already had a tune on the car that I liked, and I was just in an accident so I was still fixing the car and putting more money into it as it was. I also thought Yea there are people out there who “tune tdi’s” and they don’t necessarily know what they are doing or at least know what they are doing well. So not really knowing If I trusted a guy I just started talking to on the internet ( 😄 ) I decided to wait and play it safe since my car’s tune had been working fine. I kept talking with him to see what exactly he did for tuning and after talking over a few days/week I started considering what he might have in store for my car. A few weeks later I was convinced to give it a try and had an Mpps cable on the way. He started off safely with the first tune he had me try. Things were dialed back and felt a bit more powerful than stock, but not as powerful as my other tune. Over the next few days I made some more log’s, and he kept sending revisions, with each being better than the last. A few logs and some revisions later and he sent me the ONE! He told me to give it a go and see how it compared to the tune that I had when we first started talking. I started the car up and drove out to the highway. As the Light turned green I rolled into first and soon as I hit 2nd I let it fly. I looked behind me and saw no smoke, I looked in front of me and saw I was already doing 75mph. I decided to race against my friends lowered 94 (96? I forget) chevy 1500. It’s a single cab 2wd with a 350 that has a slight cam and is “slightly tuned”. Regardless I stuck beside him till we hit about 65 then he pulled away decently quick. It was good enough for me and honestly I was slightly surprised I had done as well as I did considering that all I have is pp520’s and a tune. So far my mileage has been good. I have gotten several tanks around 45mpg with lots of pulls while playing around and testing different revisions. On one of that tanks that I drove nice-er for I got close to 50mpg, but I did also made some pulls and have a failing front wheel bearing. I also have a wind fairing and bars on top of the car which I’m sure kills 1-2mpg.

Burpod Tuning: First off I want to say that the work that Burpod has done for me has been nothing less than fantastic. The amount of time and energy this guy puts into his work has been amazing and is truly what you wish all customer service could be like. He is very up front, honest, and timely. In fact, I don’t think I have ever messaged him and not heard back within 30 min or so. He even walked me through unbricking my ECU after I somehow managed to lock myself out and was faced with a no start situation.

My car drives like never before. While I liked my other tune previously this one is more responsive to throttle position and cruises very well at a wide rpm range. If I’m gentle I can drive anywhere from 50-70 using about 10-15mg/stroke. At wide open throttle it’s enough speed to pass any traffic with ease and hold its own against most stock powered traffic. The power is smooth and doesn’t drop off or end before it should. With my set up I have no problem pulling to 4k+ without smoke (Probably higher, but I don’t really hit those rpm’s). Driving in adverse weather conditions is also not a hurdle. It’s like driving any other vehicle and I haven’t had any problems getting traction in rain or snowy conditions. If I punch it in a low gear heck ya it’ll spin because I asked it to and any car would that has an open diff, but if driven without asking for full throttle it will drive like any other car. I haven’t had traction issues that would be considered a tune issue and have not felt like I wasn’t in control of the car or like I was going to lose traction if I tried moving any faster than a crawl. With my set up I regularly give it 100% or so throttle in rainy conditions and have no issues making a full pull with no slippage. Driving around parking lots and in smaller areas is no issue either. The car feels stock when driving around slowly and you wouldn’t know the difference unless you asked it to show you. I never had a problem with this but know others have had problems in the past with other tuning modalities.

How Is this tuning any different? With Burpods tuning the ecu is programmed to your specific car. For those of you who know a bit about how tuning works you understand that this is the best way to get the most performance out of the car and have it dialed in well. This is because several revisions are done to the tune that allows for edits to be made, and performance to be correctly dialed in to achieve the best performance for your specific set up. This holds just as true in the diesel world as it does the gas world.

There are many factors that go into tuning each car specifically, and some of that I don’t fully comprehend at this time. I will discuss a few of them here to hopefully shed some light on a few key area’s. As previously stated, completing several revisions will allow for changes to be made to the tuning allowing the car to run as optimally as possible. Another thing that differs from other loadable tunes is the level of boost control that these tunes run. These tunes run actual boost very close/exact to requested boost depending on what is being asked of the car at that moment. In other words when requested boost calls for 1700mbar actual boost is spot on or very close to 1700mbar. In Burpods tunes boost is very controlled with minimal or no boost spikes, even when under high load/low rpm situations like in 4/5th gear. This is something that is a noticeable difference when compared to a lot of other name brand loadable tunes. He also minimizes the lag between quick shifts which is really nice 😉.

One large area that is worth mentioning is that his tunes don’t use extra fueling to get more power. This is a large misconception one that I misunderstood when I first started talking with Burpod. I kind of assumed to a certain degree that I either needed to get more air or more fuel to make more power but that isn’t exactly the case. From what I have learned the fueling maps he creates are specific to each pump/nozzle combination matched with optimal injection timing to get the desired results. His tunes also delete the MAF sensor. Air flow can be monitored by reading boost map data so having this sensor isn’t essential. More so if the EGR is deleted as it also works to control that. One last area that really stands out is that his tuning has a lot less advance than a lot of other tunes. You would think that it would feel a lot more weak/less powerful right? I was surprised but that was actually not the case for me. The car has plenty of power. Something he has mentioned to me is that in his opinion “the timing maps of most other tunes have far too much advance in most areas which reduces torque and also harmful to the engines health”.

IQ numbers: When my car says that I’m putting out 50mg/stroke I know that it’s actually putting 50mg/stroke or at least very close to that number. Again because with custom tuning he is getting it dialed in as accurate as possible. On other tunes you can be limited from 0-50mg/stroke, but depending on pump/nozzles/in tank pump it may not actually be near 50mg even though the computer thinks that what the output is. An example of this is doing a 10mm -11mm pump swap. After installing the 11mm pump the car will give more power because it is actually fueling more then the ecu thinks. Ecu hypothetically says 30mg/stroke at x rpm, but because you have an 11mm pump now and have better flow your actually getting about 35mg/stroke at x rpm because the ecu isn’t taking into account that you have a 11mm pump. By controlling the output it allows the tuner to request more fuel when needed, and limit fuel when it isn’t so that smoke/excess EGT’s won’t be a problem.

Lastly I want to mention the amount of work and teaching that Burpod puts into not only his tunes but also his customers. He is super willing to teach and explain why he does exactly what he does. He is also very willing to walk you through things and make sure that you are happy with your vehicle’s performance. He is all about making sure these vehicles live up to their name and is what this site is all about. Performance, Longevity, and Economy.

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
You'are welcome, burpod. EDC15 has a lot of potential, even if is old, if you dig in enough.
I'm glad that so many people are happy with your work. I even recognize here some of the cases we talked about :)
Some things have to be tested by yourself to be able to understand and develop, and working and tuning your own cars, helped a lot. Also the enthusiasm and passion bring even better results.

thanks for all the kind words guys!! i will post something more detailed at some point but just wanted to say a few things quickly. it has not been easy, a VAST amount of time has been put into this over the last couple years - divorce-worthy. home renovations have been languishing, stress in the marriage, "lost wages" due to the ridiculous amount of time i've spent on this (working at burger king with a 1hr commute each way would have been far more financially lucrative), don't spend quite as much time as i should with my kids, speeding tickets, burned up tires and fuel, driving myself crazy going in circles over and over in my brain, nightmares about injection timing and fuel quantities, ending up on wild goose chases thinking i'm on the right track only to do an about-face and go in a completely different direction, etc... in the end, it's really all pretty simple. but finding that simplicity and the right numbers and understanding how to interpret all the various log data has been tricky to say the least, far more complicated than i initially imagined it would be.

i truly appreciate everyone who's "taken a chance" on me and who has had the patience to take countless logs, give feedback/suggestions, throw out ideas as i have worked through figuring out details, making sense of it all and finding the right numbers - lots of time spent on communication going over results. it's a learning experience for all. i call it a tuning adventure :D to an extent, i think most people have gained valuable understanding of their tdi and grown to have a new appreciation of it. i know i certainly have, and that would be an understatement.... but that's something i love about these things. i love driving my tdi and knowing exactly what it's doing at all times, and that's doing so with utmost efficiency. and of course having gobs of smoke-free torque if i so desire :)

so it's a continual learning process - nothing is set in stone. i'm constantly testing, re-testing, re-examining, self-doubting, second-guessing. analyzing results. although by now, i feel i've got a pretty solid handle on it but i know things still can be better. but if anyone has gotten the impression that i think i'm perfect or some sort of godsend to tdi's and tuning, then i'm sorry you've misunderstood me - nothing could be farther from the truth. i'm really just a tdi enthusiast who loves these engines and want to see them truly live up to their potential. i've gone too far to turn back now.... :D but the bottom line is, to a degree, it's a collective effort, not something i could do on my own given the time/resources i have. so for that i'm truly grateful. thank you!

- and aside from thanking everyone who i've worked with, i would like to give huge thanks to @tdi_my live and @arazvan2002 for all their help they freely offered when i was first trying to figure out the basics and very confused :)

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
I got the MPPS V18.

it says ECU not found.

EDC16 UI K-line/CAN?
Boot mode it bench mode in MPPS. You may have soft bricked it.

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi

Bro. Junkyard beetle was and is the perfect take a chance platform. We are honored to be there for the good and bad.

Sometimes I think this ****ing car was stuck with me just to further your skills. 🤪

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
I am in for info.
I need to update the software on my wagon to a full power tune and see if it can wrinkle pavement with the turbo that's installed.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I am in for info.
I need to update the software on my wagon to a full power tune and see if it can wrinkle pavement with the turbo that's installed.
Hopefully you have sticky enough tires that it wrinkles those before the pavement;). You'll be flying!