Need a new transfer pump

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Need a new transfer pump....

I think this one has rusted out.... No clicking noises when I run the SCR transfer pump with VCDS....

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
I had to replace one on my '09 before Audi bought it back. It's a pain, and they are ridiculously expensive for what it is. It's really hard to remove the crimp clamp without dropping the whole thing. Best of luck!

Frankenwagen

Veteran Member
I am thinking mine is also locked up. The car is still rather new to me having picked it up this year. Without having run the VCDS test yet, my first indication was not being able to put more than about two gallons of DEF after the dashboard indicator lit up. If I understand the system correctly, this pump is needed to pump the juice up from the larger tank to the smaller tank. This makes me think my lower one is always filled, therefore I can only add the capacity of the small upper tank and why I have to fill up after about 2000 miles

Last edited:

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
That was the same symptoms I had on my '09. There were no codes and no check engine light.

When I replaced the one on the '09 genuine Audi/VW was the only option, and it was around $300.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Yeah, it was over $500 cdn for the pump.... I had to research how to get the output line off... Used a small gear clamp for the input side....

I can hear the pump clicking now when it's commanded on, ran it for about 2 mins hoping that would be enough to fill the active tank, but I couldn't get the 1050km to empty warning off. I refilled the tanks to the top with about 1.25gallons of adblue and reset the level manually with vcds. Will monitor the next time it asks for adblue.