'15 GSW sale data needed.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
2015 GSW, S, 6 Spd, Manual 30K miles. Need values. I lost, CTL, a 2015 GSW, in IAN. The car had: RC1+ tune, HD skid plate, 3M Crystaline film, 2" hitch with harness, weather tech mats, Gorilia Gear, Cargo Liner, cross bars, accident free, perfect body & interior. White/Cornsilk. The insurance Co, (USAA) is low balling me. I am looking for data on comparable car sales. Please post here or PM. Thanks in advance.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Yes I would try Carvana. Just for grins I tried getting an estimate for my car to be bought. They gave me $21,500 as a buy price a few months ago.

nathanso

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI S 6M (sold)
Yes I would try Carvana. Just for grins I tried getting an estimate for my car to be bought. They gave me $21,500 as a buy price a few months ago.
Interesting. Last month they offered me just $12,425 for my 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TDI S 6M with 78,000 miles.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Tell them to find you another one like it, and do all the upgrades to it that you had.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
1st check your insurance policy terms
2nd negotiate
3rd if can't negotiate, hire an appraiser and get ready to sue

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Out of curiosity, I checked carvana, they offered me $3600 for a car in excellent (but with 155k miles:unsure:)

I'll keep it, thanks Carvana.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I plugged my '15 GSW S 6M with 16K miles on it into Carvana a few weeks ago. Offer was $23K. However, I think prices are falling fast. I suspect diesel cars will take a big hit in the next few months because of high diesel fuel prices compared to gasoline.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
I plugged my '15 GSW S 6M with 16K miles on it into Carvana a few weeks ago. Offer was $23K. However, I think prices are falling fast. I suspect diesel cars will take a big hit in the next few months because of high diesel fuel prices compared to gasoline.
I have the same but with 101k miles and they offered me $16k so that was cool. Getting ready to sell mine here soon because we just inherited a 17 Tacoma so one of our cars has to go.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
What you mean people in the US wont like paying $+7/gallon in the next month or two? Its to help support Ukraine!

I still laugh at all the straight piped bro trucks filling up cause they tow a jet ski twice a year but daily commute in the thing.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Update: ASfter a lot of back & forth with the insurance carrier, I was able to get a manager to override the value assigned by their contractor CCC One. I argued, and was successful in having the value raised by having the CCC One contractor run their values on direct comparable. S (no-sun roof), manual & milage arguing that those specific cars retain value better then auto/SR cars. The com data supported my contention. CCC One balked saying their algorithms were correct & able to correctly adjust for options. So, I have them run the same variable on manual trans/no SR cars & then again on the same w/ low milage. Each time, the results returned in my favor & supported my contention. Fortunately, I had receipts for aftermarket add ons, that the ins. co contractor said had not value, again, when I had them run it, it supported my values. Ultimately, time worked n my favor as the ins. co was being pressured by their salvage company soothes could auction the cars, storage costs were adding up and they I my nest step was to go to the state insurance commission with a bad faith filing. Thanks for the input.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Maybe this guy will buy it at auction and fix it up good as new. Ian was not kind to this McLaren P1 either.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Sadly, it would have been an much easier save, if not for the ins. co. that would not let me retain ownership after telling me I could. The delay time to salvage sale was not kind to the car.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Glad to hear it all worked out for you! What was the difference in values before and after? Those that have a clue and are able to discuss things rationally generally get better results than someone without one and an attitude, trying to resolve these kinds of things.