WTB: 2000-2003 TDI manual Jetta, Golf or Wagon

'12TDIJetta

TDI
2012 TDI Jetta
Must haves: clean title, no major accidents. TDI, MT.
ideal: all of above with service records and ideally little to no rust. In my experience once rust gets through a panel, you are in trouble. That said its all case by case.
willing to look past: bad paint, old rotors and pads, sagging headliner, minor interior & exterior cosmetic issues, minor mechanical work needed.
The main thing for me is that engine and transmission are sound. Cosmetically, I'm not as concerned.

The car is for me. My hope is to find a reliable daily. Not interested in project cars that need extensive engine or mechanical work that would require thousands of dollars in repairs.

Last edited:

Prairieview

Veteran Member
TDI
Two 2000 Beetles, 2002 Jetta, 2002 gas avh Jetta, fleet of older 1.6 turbo and non's
On facebook, there is a wagon up in Montana which could use a massive amount of work.
Imagine how proud you would be (of yourself) once you got it completed?????

You could come up this way and hit Mt. Rushmore......Crazy hooose......and the wonderful (puke) Sturgis rally. Juss think,

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
i have an 02 jetta that fits your needs but title says rebuild. when i bought the car, the title received wasn’t rebuilt but when i sent off for a dmv title (couldn’t find it for some reason), it came as rebuilt. i was confused.
5 speed with custom shift knob. deleted egr but engine light pops up every now and then. have vagcom cable. deleted cat and muffler (turbo spool sounds good). air shocks on rear. glass headlights. engine runs great and starts up on first crank every time. has skid plate. comes with extra filters, brake pads, lower control bushings and more.
i’ll let everything go for 1500.00 but that’s negotiable.
you can read my adventures with this car if ya search my name.
also comes with an ultraguage .

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
well you should put your buying price out there. a car with your needs is borderline into unicorn land unless you do not count a project car as one with a lot of miles. IMO all cars over 8 years old with over 150 to 200k miles plus are project cars. reliable yes, but still a project car.
a few have been posted lately and some have sold, under 100k mint but price is in the 10,000 to 12,000 range.
you can do much better with that $ imo. so either have a "project car" or find a middle ground!
im sure what i just said is worthless to you but at least use it for thought fuel!

'12TDIJetta

TDI
2012 TDI Jetta
well you should put your buying price out there. a car with your needs is borderline into unicorn land unless you do not count a project car as one with a lot of miles. IMO all cars over 8 years old with over 150 to 200k miles plus are project cars. reliable yes, but still a project car.
Thank you for your reply! It makes me realize that in trying to be brief, I was leaving out some needed detail in my OP. I never considered that a clean title with bad paint and a sagging headliner would be a unicorn, but I probably needed to outline a bit more what I meant by wanting to avoid a project car. I don't look at a project car nearly the same way you do. To me its a car that needs a new tranny, or a new motor etc. Big, expensive jobs. So its helpful to see someone else's viewpoint.

This car is something along the lines that I am looking for, but I don't need a car that is nearly this nice cosmetically. I'll just patiently look around and watch the prices continue to drift down across the industry.

Last edited:

BaronVonBeeftip

TDI
None
i have an 02 jetta that fits your needs but title says rebuild. when i bought the car, the title received wasn’t rebuilt but when i sent off for a dmv title (couldn’t find it for some reason), it came as rebuilt. i was confused.
5 speed with custom shift knob. deleted egr but engine light pops up every now and then. have vagcom cable. deleted cat and muffler (turbo spool sounds good). air shocks on rear. glass headlights. engine runs great and starts up on first crank every time. has skid plate. comes with extra filters, brake pads, lower control bushings and more.
i’ll let everything go for 1500.00 but that’s negotiable.
you can read my adventures with this car if ya search my name.
also comes with an ultraguage .
I’m gonna shoot you a message. I’m in Louisiana.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm always on the lookout for another MKIV, but these days finding one in good condition is getting more and more difficult as they age. I was going to make an offer on that one in Bakersfield, but the 6 speed was a flag for me. Axles are NLA for that transmission, at least on this continent. And the OP said it sold for asking price on CL in 10 minutes.

So longer story short, what you're looking for is kind of a Unicorn, surprisingly.

phawkins224

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI, 5 sp, New clutch, all new struts, tie rods (inner and outer), ball joints, control arm bushings, both cv axles, headliner has been replaced. Timing belt and cam lifters just done at 220,000....currently has 232,000. I have spare turbo, injectors and nozzles that i will let go with car. If interested I can send pics. Im on east coast in Virginia

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
I'm always on the lookout for another MKIV, but these days finding one in good condition is getting more and more difficult as they age. I was going to make an offer on that one in Bakersfield, but the 6 speed was a flag for me. Axles are NLA for that transmission, at least on this continent. And the OP said it sold for asking price on CL in 10 minutes.

So longer story short, what you're looking for is kind of a Unicorn, surprisingly.

IBW- do you recall the details of that one in Bakersfield? I am considering selling and could use some help on pricing for a good condition, low mileage, 02M. Mine hasn’t been run in over a decade. Lol

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I’ve got a BEW wagon rebuilt tenas with Wavetrek, south bend stage 2 endurance; hybrid vnt 17 turbo, stage 2 cam , eurojet FMIC, 2.5” profi down pipe and straight back pipe. Pd150 injector pumps, 3” MAF PD150 TIP and exhaust Manifold. Smoke free just a light grey hayze, (so the car can be made muck faster BTW LOL) Tuned to 26PSI holds 24 spiels to 28 (sometimes) . South bend Boost gauge, EGT gauges mounted proper. New front breaks, tires have 10k ; skid plate; roof rack custom build bid headlights all mortmoto parts no junk! Still rivals and beats newer cars. One GTI drivers seat , 8k FIRM sorry it’s an 04 picked up near Tacoma clean title in hand and it’s free 196k all timing stuff and cam turbo ect was fine at 188k only issues!? Needs a detail and I wanna do the suspension but it’s fine little squeaky but even tire wear and drives straight. Also the drivers seat is a Gti seat black the rear is the interior is two tone beige and black. Included is lots of receipts 2 keys clean title and lots of joyful miles to come

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
IBW- do you recall the details of that one in Bakersfield? I am considering selling and could use some help on pricing for a good condition, low mileage, 02M. Mine hasn’t been run in over a decade. Lol
Sending you a PM

jaed_43725

Veteran Member
TDI
04' Jetta wagon

My car. If interested just message me there. And if it looks like Chinese characters for some reason it is this forum doing it, the link still works.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)

My car. If interested just message me there. And if it looks like Chinese characters for some reason it is this forum doing it, the link still works.
pics of the engine bay or underside?