Malone dsg tune

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Just keep changing your fluid and you'll be good.
These DCTs are/were left mechanically stock when they were raced by VW.

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Did you have a problem w overheating or is the stock cooling system fine
Stock cooling is fine for stage 2, I will eventually be going stage 4 / custom and only then will I be watching oil temp / dsg temp.

If it gets too hot running a GTB2266 + CP3 I'll add auxilary oil and trans cooling

For the record, I have not been kind to my Stage 2 so far. I am in the camp of drive diesels hard to keep em clean and working.

Blakekatris

TDI
Jetta 2.0
Stock cooling is fine for stage 2, I will eventually be going stage 4 / custom and only then will I be watching oil temp / dsg temp.

If it gets too hot running a GTB2266 + CP3 I'll add auxilary oil and trans cooling

For the record, I have not been kind to my Stage 2 so far. I am in the camp of drive diesels hard to keep em clean and working.
Did you delete yours or stock exhaust. If stock have u seen any chunks come out or something like that

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Did you delete yours or stock exhaust. If stock have u seen any chunks come out or something like that
I am deleted, ran 3inch to stock muffler for a while, then full straight pipe, now using a rawtek resonator rest is straight pipe

I am unsure what you mean by chunks coming out on stock

Paulman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (buyback at 109,000miles) 2014 Jetta TDI 59,000miles
Hey LC,
Why did you delete your muffler and use a resonator?
Some just keep the muffler and all else is deleted to the turbo.

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Hey LC,
Why did you delete your muffler and use a resonator?
Some just keep the muffler and all else is deleted to the turbo.
My stock exhaust was starting to really corrode away, the muffler pipe kept popping out of the 3 inch adapter, eventually I got annoyed with fixing it and just ordered a catback.

I thought I could deal with the straight pipe, infact I did for some months and a couple thousand miles. Then I got a job that required 100 mile commute round trip and I bought a resonator shortly after getting hired.. lol