Coolant leak

Barnsley golf

TDI
2.0 golf TDI 11 plate
Looking for any advice
I have a 2011 vw golf 2.0 TDI - 116,000 miles

suddenly suffering with rapid coolant loss - as in from full to sensor going off - 30 miles - drops from underneath engine

just had a mobile mechanic visit - he saidlooks like oil filter housing and be better off selling car - cost me £70 for that advice

any one got any better advice ? Hopefully

thanks for any help

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
You will either pay for the repair or take it in the shorts in loss of value of you sell a car needing repair.

The oil filter housing will either need seals refreshed or the oil cooler part of the housing is cracked. I'm betting the seals, but the labor is the same in either case. If you can't do it yourself you'll need to find a mechanic that is good and charges a reasonable rate. That combination may be difficult to find, so good luck.

Cheers,

PH

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sell the car because the oil filter housing cracked? Hmmm.... yeah, OK. That guy is an idiot.

Take the car to a REAL technician that can properly identify and repair the leak, or start tearing into it and do it yourself. Not much we can help you with over the internet. I don't even know what engine your car has since you probably had a few choices.