ECU SW Update

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You can brick your Ecu if you’re not too careful, I see absolutely 0 benefit on updating firmware on stock Ecu, if anything have a map done on it that will give you a lot extra…
I had my 2012 seat exeo tricore edc17 updated as I had to get rid of the writing protection trough the obd, it’s been done with genuine Odis programming interface and dealer time…I had to flash 170bhp tune and had to downgrade SW to prior dieselgate. In your case I see absolutely no benefit as the edc16 is easy to read trough obd so can modify the tune without major issues !

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
1st it will only go as sgo.
I can't tell you whether it's actually an update to 016FM.
2. As far as I know, the difference between 016FM and 016KC is relevant to emissions.
So what's the use of flashing the 016KC and then doing a tuning where the EGR is deleted anyway and the emission standard is no longer met.
Hit the 016FM tuning on it and it's good.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
It iseems we need to hear from someone who has actually done this FM to KC update.
It is irrelevant whether releavant to emission or tuning.
Car engine is free from any fault, and probably I would not do a tuning, but uptading to KC.
Go and do it if you haven’t done it already ! You got told several times there might be no noticeable benefits yet your still beating on a dead horse ! Flash the Ecu with new firmware and please update the thread with results In case your bricking your Ecu so people don’t try this at home anymore ! You need info either do it yourself or ask on digital kaos or Ecuconections forums…

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
There was no trolling from my point ,you either do it yourself or take the given advice ! You’re not happy with the answers, prove us wrong and update the thread…it seems nobody has done the legwork for you !

Voswosdubber

TDI
Mods/Admins, delete my account. I do not want to deal with arrogant ****ing trolling bastard who relies on their post numbers to bully others.

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
It seems to me you have a problem taking advice, especially if it’s different to your belief. So far I have given you just friendly advice, you either take it or ignore it ! I have been in this game for a few decades and know what I am talking up to a point however every situation is different ! As I said and the other fellow forum member, there seems to be no other benefits to a firmware change on a stock well running Ecu unless you want to remove some glory software limitation as on edc17 tricore. If you want a cleaner car might as well go to dealer and have them flash their dieselgate version of the software…when I told you to log onto Ecu connections or digital kaos I meant just that, there are really knowledgeable folk on these sites who know a thing or two on software/hardware issues. If you don’t get the same sort of advice then I will eat my hat in front of ya ! Have a good day Sir !