Clutch pressure issues

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
My clutch seems to be not coming back up to quickly after it has been sitting. I had the system bleed but it has come back in about a week. I’ve heard and read about the slave failure. I’m bringing in the vehicle this Friday to be looked at again. Any thoughts?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
It's more than likely your center acting slave cylinder/throw-out bearing. They seem to fail much earlier (or leak fluid) than the older generations ever did. Makes you wonder why they made this change, as with the old ones (which rarely did fail) at least you could replace without pulling the trans.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The CSC (concentric slave cylinder) is common failure on these. Sachs makes a version that has one less leak point. Best to catch it early and hope the clutch is good too, or depending on your mileage, preventative maintenance to replace everything including the flywheel that is also a wear item.
Full kit example

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
There's a little restriction valve in the clutch line of the Mk7, maybe it's causing the issue. I've read a number of people removing them for better clutch response including a local friend.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I have the ECS aluminium bleeder block. It didn't make that much of a difference to be honest. I doubt the stock one is a failure point unless it's visibly leaking.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
There's a little restriction valve in the clutch line of the Mk7, maybe it's causing the issue. I've read a number of people removing them for better clutch response including a local friend.
I’ve thought that might be the issue. When the clutch is slow to retract I can hear the fluid flow at a higher velocity as if it’s being even more restricted. Maybe there is some debris getting randomly stuck in the orifice.