Turbo oriented Gottuned is now Muchboost

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Im learning now they became stronger with more variety, building great turbos for diesel enthusiasts, all my turbos I've been getting it from them last few years, they were able to get me a a few turbos at a great prices even adapt a ball bearing in a journal bearing turbo with great results and reliability, these people know turbos, my experience dealing with them has been exceptional to ssy the the least, just for any member that would like to upgrade a turbo I recommend them I'm just passing this info to all members from the TDI Club.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone dealt with Gottuned in the past? They got an array of turbos for our TDI cars, I'd like to know if you guys experienced a good PR from them,

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
How do you like the 1752vrk I got 1756vrk and it is such a nice turbo spooling is like right off the bat no lag

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
https://www.muchboost.com/

Here is their link

Last edited:

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
The 1752 has stock-like response around town. No lag at all. I had thought about the 1756 for sure but I really didn’t care to go above 28psi. I am blowing off the boost hose enough as is (can’t find a good clamping solution). A frriend is going to drill and tap for a screw to hold the ****er on. That should do the trick. Professional-style wide Ring clamps seem to twist off when torquing down. I actually downgraded to a regular ring clamp. Crazy.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Thanks for the news. I have long drooled over the GTD1752VRK. I hope to get an answer from them as to just what exactly they're selling and what has been upgraded. I could do w/o the added cost of a billet wheel... :)
cheers,
Douglas

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
They can build you anything you request as long as they can fit it in the turbo.

I'm suprised about the hose blowing off, I'm using good T clamps and I haven't had any issues

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
They can build you anything you request as long as they can fit it in the turbo.

I'm suprised about the hose blowing off, I'm using good T clamps and I haven't had any issues
I am contemplating adjusting my target; I can live with a bit o' lag...not Cummins-with-a-21cm lag, but some. The GTD2056VRK should do for any possible power I shall want. The current thinking is to choose between the big one and the Ford one( the 39mm compressor inducer). I think the bigger turbine wheel and lower EMP is worth the trouble right now...LOL
cheers,
Douglas

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Go for it! And let us know…. I may have been too conservative, and I believe I’ve read other posts saying good things about the 2056.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I am working my way into it...LOL trim is comparable to the GTD1752...and the instruction of TDIMeister on 'doing what is possible to reduce drive pressure' is not lost on me for wanting the little, big turbo...

All this for a manual-swapped, '02 Jetta that I drug home from The South and is not at all compromised by exposure to salt... :) Given my low power goals, it is likely that the 1752 will serve...it is used stock at 40hp over my most extreme goal. I would give useful body parts for a set of maps...heh-heh-heh

Douglas

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
For those that asked…looks like the fabricated metal pipe (with a 3” long piece of boost hose at each end) was made a bit too short and is cut off at the turbo end at a weird angle.

Thus the pull of the engine when acclerating and decelerating plus no good place for a ring clamp on the weird angle of the metal pipe end is the problem. I have a much longer boost hose coming, which I’ll be able to slip far past the metal pipe end and over a weld where I’ll put my ring clamp. That should hold it! That and some permatex ultra red gasket sealant.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Glad to hear that you've fixed the issue