SOLD - 2012 Golf TDI 6M w/Sunroof and Nav (WA)

Solotoaster

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6M
Location Located in the Seattle, WA area. I'm selling my 2012 Golf TDI to upsize and help my family grow. This has been my dream commuter car and I've enjoyed it in all of it's offerings. But sadly my wife can't drive a manual (and I wouldn't let her learn on this), we are getting a large dog, and looking to upsize as we begin living in our new area. I'm a bit reluctant to let this go, but it is time.

General VIN WVWNM7AJ2CW183767 159,XXX miles on the clock this will continue to go up as my daily driver and our only car (not planning any big road trips). I am the third owner and have owned this from about 96K miles. I sought this car out specifically and drove across the state for it. Mostly highway driving getting 43mpg average all day when I was driving 90mi one way each day. Oil changes done every 5k miles with full synthetic 507 00 either changed by myself or by VW-specific shops. DG was performed on this car on 09/2017 at 87K mi at a dealership. Bone stock otherwise. All codes and car data were read with a Rosstech VCDS HEX-V2 cable.

Specific Repairs/Maintenance Brakes (ceramic) and rotors were replaced immediately when I bought it around 95K miles. EGT Sensor and DPF (and associated sensors) were replaced around 101K miles around 04/2019 at dealership, no issues since. Timing belt, coolant (G12) flush, water pump, and serpentine belt were replaced at 136K miles around 10/2020 (marked on belt housing). Brake pads replaced by myself around 145K around 06/2021. Rear driver side brake caliper replaced, security bolts removed, and rear struts replaced around 153K around 09/2021 (security bit chipped and had to have the dealer remove and replace with regular bolts. Will never have the problem again.) Throttle body and intercooler temperature regulating valve were replaced last week (04/2022) at 158K miles. I have a majority of the paperwork for items bigger than oil changes.

Interior Features This car was specifically ordered with its features back in late 2011 for the new model year. Heated front bucket seats, wireless bluetooth (works great), voice assistance (works okay, don't really use it), satellite radio, navigation, moon roof (opens fully both up and completely in, no leaks), red map light I've come to love, an array of performance-related metrics for the data-focused like myself (consumption, range, drive time, etc.), power driver seat, power reclining passenger seat, spare (donut) under trunk, removable trunk hider, and tint all the way around (not sure the percentage, the car had it when I saw it and I'm a fan), TDI specific floor mats (not pictured in the front since I'm cleaning them right now).

Driving/Technical Features 6 speed manual with one of the lightest, easiest to use clutches I have driven. No current signs of slippage, driven gingerly and never dumped. Will take off on a flat surface without touching the accelerator. Hill-assist works great and will hold you about 2ish seconds before letting you fall backwards (one of my favorite features for the occasional Seattle hills). Brakes and parking brake work as they should. Daytime Running Lights (DLR) will automatically turn off when the car is running and the parking break is engaged, otherwise they are always on. Fog lights can be turned on with the light selector, or will automatically illuminate based on what direction you are turning. Splash guards all around blend nicely with the black paint. 17 in alloy wheels with a fair amount of tread on the Pirelli's help get the 43ish mpg on the freeway in 6th. Alignment is has no issues, front brakes are at 8mm, back brakes are at 7mm of wear each.

Imperfections This is not a new car and there are some signs of cosmetic wear in some places. Most recently (03/2022-ish), a rock caused a large chip on lower, drivers side windshield area while driving on I-5. I had the crack filled (shop said it was boarder line too big to fill but they would try. Receipt in hand). There is a visible crack, although it is filled and has not spread. I don't really notice it, so it hasn't been an issue (plus I enjoy the front glass tint that would have to be taken out and possibly replaced with a new windshield). I'd be open to the possibility of replacing the windshield for the right offer. The lower driver side fog light class has been cracked (looks like a pebble shot through). Light works fine and I forgot the outer glass was broken until I was taking pictures, and a couple of the wheels have small dings that I inherited. They never bothered me too much on the alloy rims. And the back drivers side splash guard area looks like it was swiped by something long ago prior to me owning this. (pictures show items described here).

The Fun I've owned a 2002 Golf TDI (ALH), a 2000 Jetta (gas made it to 285K before we sold it running), and 1998 Bug, as well as a couple other cars, all manuals. This car drives the smoothest and you can feel the powerband right were you need it while having the features to make shifting fun, while getting 43ish highway, 32ish city. Offering this Golf for sale for $7,000 OBO. VCDS cable included for the right party. Let's start a conversation. Planning on getting the car detailed in the next week or two to show the local market. Perfect car to enjoy the rest of its life as-is or customize to your desires. Wanted other TDI enthusiasts to see this first. Ready to customize as-is, or create your perfect custom car from a stock canvas. (Timeline for our new car has been extended. I'm happy to talk with interested parties in the meantime.)

I'd be happy to send more pictures or chat about specifics if interested. (Full picture album here)
Thank you,

Last edited:

GgOTi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (Mickey)-RIP | 2011 335d-RIP | 2010 Jetta TDI (Merlin)-Returned to VW | 2001 Jetta TDI (The German)-SOLD

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
also sent a pm, but have not heard anything back - OP is MIA I guess?