Diesel price...

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Only Canuckistanians should post in this thread from now on. Everyone who needed to blow off steam has. Now stop it and let the weird Canucks get back to their Moose petting or whatever it is they do.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi

pnyknight

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta 1.9 GLS, reflex silver (pseudo wrecked Apr10/13); 2013 Candy White Jetta TDI
Back to our normal topic. Esso at 197 Bellamy Rd. N reporting price of $214.9L as per Gasbuddy. Anyone near there to report if true?
I read the address as the price and got excited at first lol
I've usually filled up at Pioneer as they are often ~10cents cheaper (plus extra CIBC CC discount) vs the overpriced shell beside them, but now I'm second guessing their fuel quality, thoughts?

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Here is an article that a member posted in another thread. Explains quite well what is happening with diesel prices. I think it might be time to look into making home bio, since D2 prices probably won't be coming down very soon.

With the way things are looking, I think we should be prepared to pay $3/L (or close to that) in the coming Fall/Winter 2022-23 :rolleyes: :cry:

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
To side track a little from Ontario, BC has always had the highest gas prices in the country, gas and diesel, and that still holds true for gas, but, somehow diesel is now the same price as in Ontario at around 2.38 on average, and in Quebec it's at 2.56 a liter, and St Johns, NL showing 2.65 as the highest... I really don't understand where these prices are coming from, literally none of it makes sense anymore

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Listening to an economic consultant the other day. He said that part of the problem is that coming out of the pandemic, we have compressed 5 years of economic growth into 18 months. Add in the shipping issues and we get to the point we're at today. They don't anticipate return to normal until 2023.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Finally happened - figured I"d make it to the 2030s before I went over the $100 mark filling up one of my TDIs, but alas, Big Oil guessed correctly that with everyone stuck at home for the last two years, they could charge whatever the hell they want and we'll pay it. :mad:

(Vancouver Island - and this was the "cheaper" place at $2.459/L; other stations around were $2.499 - with RUG at $2.199).
(I know this is the Ontario thread, but I couldn't bother to do conversions again for our 'merican comrades.)

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Finally happened - figured I"d make it to the 2030s before I went over the $100 mark filling up one of my TDIs, but alas, Big Oil guessed correctly that with everyone stuck at home for the last two years, they could charge whatever the hell they want and we'll pay it. :mad:

(Vancouver Island - and this was the "cheaper" place at $2.459/L; other stations around were $2.499 - with RUG at $2.199).
(I know this is the Ontario thread, but I couldn't bother to do conversions again for our 'merican comrades.)
and that's only 47 liters... this is from a few months ago when prices went stupid, vented mk4, price was 1.979

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Well, about a week or two ago, when diesel dropped in price and you thought it would finally be at par with regular gas, or slightly under, as of tomorrow, it will be 43 cents more expensive then regular per liter, and 13 cents more expensive then premium in ontario...

With these prices, it has actually become more expensive for me to run my mk6 tdi then my previous mk7 golf with the 1.8T gasser engine driving around 20000-25000km a year

Boostlee

TDI
05 Jetta wagon
Well, about a week or two ago, when diesel dropped in price and you thought it would finally be at par with regular gas, or slightly under, as of tomorrow, it will be 43 cents more expensive then regular per liter, and 13 cents more expensive then premium in ontario...

With these prices, it has actually become more expensive for me to run my mk6 tdi then my previous mk7 golf with the 1.8T gasser engine driving around 20000-25000km a year

It's crazy to, because we haven't even hit winter, usually the peak of diesel prices due to alternative heating fuel requirements.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The big yellow road hogs are starting thier migration runs down here. Hopefully, diesel will level out before the farmers start harvesting.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Made a trip from southwest Sask to Regina and back with my pickup this past weekend and diesel was 1.89/litre the whole way with the exception of Flying Jay in Moose Jaw, which was ten cents cheaper, so I took the opportunity to fill my slip tank.